Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-31-2006, 07:29 AM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Official Cowboys vs. Vikings Gameday Thread

Can we go 4-0 in the preseason for the first time in a long time? Can we avoid serious injuries to key players despie Bill wanting to play the starters a full half? Will this starting defense EVER give up a score of any kind?

I could go on, but I have work to do...

Discuss!
Old 08-31-2006, 07:30 AM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

go cowboys...
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:43 AM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and to add some news that some of you may or may not know and some of my thoughts:

1) TO has been back to practice and will suit up tonight and might actually play, (he will definitely play in Jacksonville barring any setbacks).

2) Vanderjagt has been practicing kickoffs for a couple of days now and wasn't doing great, but is supposed to do some tonight. He has also been around the 90% clip in field goals from 45 yards and in with a total of over 70+ attempts.

3) Flozell's calf is getting better and he is questionable for tonights game. He should be ready for Jacksonville also.

4) Old news, but Crayton has been back and should play a good bit tonight. This basically has us injury free for Week 1 if no one else gets hurt tonight, (our starters I mean).

5) Watch for Columbo at RT... Bill is really talking about this former 1st round pick and I would basically pencil him in as the starter if he performs well tonight. I think they might carry 5 OTs with Petitti as the main backup RT, McQuistan as the main backup LT, and Fabini as insurance, (although I could also easily see Fabini cut or traded).

6) Watch the Davis/Watkins FS battle. Davis should be back after his bullet surgery and these two are pretty even for the starting spot. You haven't heard Watkins' name at all in a negative way, and not hearing your FS's name come up during the course of a game can only be positive. I hope Watkins gets the nod so Davis can concentrate on STs.

7) Look for a signing or trade very soon as backup NT is by no means decided yet. Johnson and Stanley are both struggling as a true Nose Tackle as opposed to the 4-3 Tackle position.

8) Finally, prepare for 7, (thanks Chum), Dallas Cowboys in this year's Pro Bowl, (Adams, Bledsoe, Witten, TO, Williams, Ware and Newman). James and/or Ellis might just play well enough to get in, but if they do, it will be at the expense of one of the other Cowboys listed.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 08-31-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:53 AM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

must buy TO jersey...
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:20 AM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go ahead and pencil Columbo in as the starter now, regardless of what he does tonight.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:50 AM   #6
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I just got 2 tickets to the game tonight from work and I have checked with 8 or so friends and even called a few co-workers and everyone has plans tonight and can't make it.

With that said, I will be attending the game tonight but have one available ticket. The ticket is in Section 117, Row 9 and has a face value of $48. The first REAL Cowboys fan to PM me about the ticket can have it. I didn't want it to go to waste and I figured one of you would probably want to go to the game... If you ask for it, make sure you can definitely go, because you will be taking it from someone else...

Let me know ASAP!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:56 AM   #7
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
I just got 2 tickets to the game tonight from work and I have checked with 8 or so friends and even called a few co-workers and everyone has plans tonight and can't make it.

With that said, I will be attending the game tonight but have one available ticket. The ticket is in Section 117, Row 9 and has a face value of $48. The first REAL Cowboys fan to PM me about the ticket can have it. I didn't want it to go to waste and I figured one of you would probably want to go to the game... If you ask for it, make sure you can definitely go, because you will be taking it from someone else...

Let me know ASAP!!!
I wish i was in dallas because i would take you up on that but im not so i cant have fun though. BTW, i dont think tnew makes the pro bowl. Dont get me wrong, I expect him to have a pro bowl year but i dont think hell get to go. He should have EASILY been a pro bowler last year but wasnt. I know the theory of you have to be worthy one year to make it the next and that you usually make it one more year than you should but i dont think he will make it sadly.

As for bledsoe, im not sure. I think he is gonna put up ridiculous numbers so its probable but we all know vick (because of his name) and hasselback(because he should) are going which leaves one spot for Drew, Delhomme, and mcnabb among others to fight for. Plus if brett favre does anything at all he will get voted in in his last year.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:28 AM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I guarantee you that Newman gets in. To me, he may be the 2nd best lock behind TO. He was one helluva corner last year and he will be recognized this year as such. He is flat shutting guys down in practice and in pre season so far. He is very very good.

Regarding Bledsoe, I think those ridiculous numbers you mentioned WILL get him in.

Oh, and if you are in Corsicana, it is probably a longer drive to Dallas for me than you... I live in South Temple, (Belton). 40 to North Waco, 30 to Hillsboro, 60 to Dallas for me and 40 to Hillsboro, 60 to Dallas for you!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 08-31-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:30 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You listed seven Pro-Bowlers, Dan.

And what about Vandercrap!?!?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:30 AM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guarantee you that Newman gets in. To me, he may be the 2nd best lock behind TO. He was one helluva corner last year and he will be recognized this year as such. He is flat shutting guys down in practice and in pre season so far. He is very very good.

Regarding Bledsoe, I think those ridiculous numbers you mentioned WILL get him in.

Oh, and if you are in Corsicana, it is probably a longer drive to Dallas for me than you... I live in South Temple, (Belton). 40 to North Waco, 30 to Hillsboro, 60 to Dallas for me and 40 to Hillsboro, 60 to Dallas for you!
I am in huntsville right now and i have class at 8 in the morning. Otherwise i would be there with you.

As to Tnew, I completely agree that he is a pro bowl corner as far as how good he is. Imo he is the best corner in the nfc if not the nfl but im still not sure he makes the pro bowl which is just sad.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 08-31-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:36 AM   #11
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You listed seven Pro-Bowlers, Dan.

And what about Vandercrap!?!?
Arizona's K beats him out and I sure as hell did... I will change that!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:44 AM   #12
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I am in huntsville right now and i have class at 8 in the morning. Otherwise i would be there with you.

As to Tnew, I completely agree that he is a pro bowl corner as far as how good he is. Imo he is the best corner in the nfc if not the nfl but im still not sure he makes the pro bowl which is just sad.
Huntsville huh... No go for you.

I have work at 7 in the morning so it will be a bitch waking up, but watching the 'Boys run out on the field and getting to see the backups play a half will make it all worth it.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:52 AM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Huntsville huh... No go for you.

I have work at 7 in the morning so it will be a bitch waking up, but watching the 'Boys run out on the field and getting to see the backups play a half will make it all worth it.
Yeah, Im tempted to just blow off class on friday since its the only class I have and Im going back to corsicana tommorow anyway. Dont think that would go over great with my parents though. Have fun at the game though.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:55 AM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

You know I will buddy! Have fun at class tomorrow!
Old 08-31-2006, 11:03 AM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
You know I will buddy! Have fun at class tomorrow!
You know i wont. Its an 8 aclock class on a friday. Who do you think is gonna have fun in that?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:09 AM   #16
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Apparently you didn't see the icon with me laughing at you!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 12:05 PM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

And we have a winner... Ticket officially gone!
Old 08-31-2006, 01:32 PM   #18
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
And we have a winner... Ticket officially gone!
Holla.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:49 PM   #19
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I hope TO is finally healthy enough to play.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 08-31-2006 at 04:50 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:03 PM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

I dont. If he isnt gonna play with the first unit he shouldnt play. His on field ability is unquestioned. Alot of superstars take the preseason off. No need to risk his injury just to get him on the field in a preseason game.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:09 PM   #21
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I just wanna see him play. There's no reason to watch the game if he doesn't play, at least not for me.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:37 PM   #22
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

he's going to get sit out and be 100% for the opening game of the season, watch out baby!.. and then our #1 reciever, whom we've invested so much in, will tear an acl in the fourth quarter of a blowout loss

oh wait, that's already happened to us

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #23
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

those who are lucky enough to get this game on TV, please post on the happenings of the game! (well, until the starters are out)

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:40 PM   #24
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

what time is the game? & what channel is it gonna be on?
Old 08-31-2006, 06:54 PM   #25
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

7, CBS
Old 08-31-2006, 07:07 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

TO not starting.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:25 PM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

Our run game sucks!
Old 08-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

So far McBriar has the game ball.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:31 PM   #29
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Not really marching down the field so much this game, huh. Nice punt though.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:40 PM   #30
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Too easy.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:49 PM   #31
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

WTF? What a random interception. >[
Old 08-31-2006, 08:08 PM   #32
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Romo for Prez!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 08:09 PM   #33
chumdawg
Guru

This Romo kid is fun to watch.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:09 PM   #34
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

wtf.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:26 PM   #35
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

How's the offensive line doing? Not much rushing going on for either team.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:27 PM   #36
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I have faith Romo will make the Cowboys 4-0 for the preseason. I wish I could watch the game.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:33 PM   #37
ames7
Diamond Member

Hope you enjoyed your time in Dallas, Skylar.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:36 PM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

Skyler Green is GONE! But then again, they did wait a long time to blow that whistle. Damn refs.

Abram Elam making plays left, right, and center. As is Hatcher.

Get ready for the boys to ride Romo to victory!!
Old 08-31-2006, 08:40 PM   #39
chumdawg
Guru

This Romo-to-Rector bit has currency!
Old 08-31-2006, 08:54 PM   #40
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Rector is doing great. I mean wow, he keeps making good plays. and he doesnt have the usual "its my first time in the nfl so I have to miss a lot of passes before I get used to it" syndrome.