Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #1561
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

You guys can say whatever you want about lp but hybrid theory was amazing. I wouldnt go so far as to put it in the top 5 albums of the last decade. Id add RATM to the list of bands with a better album(SOOOOOOO pumped about them getting back together) but that doesnt mean that hybrid theory wasnt awesome.

You know whats funny is that if you want to argue hybrid theory was among the top 5 because of everyone buying it, wouldnt human clay have to be above it(not the argument im making though i did like creed pre weathered). That actually does lead me to a question though. Hybrid theory or My own prison. Which was the better cd? I know alot of musical snobs hate both bands these days but during their day both were arguably the most liked rock band in the world for a while. Id personally take my own prison. Everyone forgets how well creed started because of how crappily they ended.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #1562
I_am_Queens_Blvd

I_am_Queens_Blvd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
Ahh, so you attack Indie rock instead of arguing how LP is better than those bands that Saltwater listed.
How about some evidence that LP is better than at least 4 of those bands?
Here you go:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Queens_Blvd
You could argue that about half of those bands you listed have the exact same sound
In reference to LP/Hybrid Theory being better:
Quote:
...there has been nothing before or after that sounds anything like it...
Therefore => most indie rock sounds recycled, however, Hybrid Theory sounds original.

Quote:
How about some reference to their simple licks and mainstream sound?
This really means nothing unless you consider yourself a music snob. Simple licks??? Nirvana's Nevermind is not musically complex, but I guess you're going to say it sucks too. And besides, LP's music is more electronic, hip/hop production based = simple beats, simple rhythm...doesn't mean it can't sound good. And once again, just because something is mainstream (meaning people like it) and not indie, doesn't mean it can't be considered great.
"Well we're all getting excited to see this fight. The Albany branch is working right through lunch to prevent downsizing, but Michael - he decided to extend lunch by an hour so we can all go down to the dojo and watch him fight Dwight."
I_am_Queens_Blvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:39 PM   #1563
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Here you go:

This really means nothing unless you consider yourself a music snob. Simple licks??? Nirvana's Nevermind is not musically complex, but I guess you're going to say it sucks too. And besides, LP's music is more electronic, hip/hop production based = simple beats, simple rhythm...doesn't mean it can't sound good. And once again, just because something is mainstream (meaning people like it) and not indie, doesn't mean it can't be considered great.
Ehh, you're riding a slippery slope mate. I argue that "Mainstream" doesn't mean "People like it." It just means it has a sound manufactured to be liked by the masses. Thats what a producer's job is, to make sure an album has a certain sound so it will appeal to a certain audience. You don't really think record labels would trust millions of dollars in the hands of a few no-good-doers do ya (okay that wasn't fair to say)? To counter point, just because something sells well doesn't mean that it should be qualified as "a great album piece of all time."

Again, this argument is futile because we each have our own opinions. Why dont we debate over Van Gough paintings or Pollack. There is no wrong answer.

Flogging Molly- Whiskey on a Sunday
Old 05-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #1564
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Bennington can't sing, can't even scream that well, Shinoda's lyrics are trite, and his flow/voice isn't interesting at all. Their beats are okay at times, boring as hell at others.

ROFL at no one sounding like LP. Rage, Korn and even Limp Bizkit were working that formula long before LP.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #1565
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ahh, so you attack Indie rock instead of arguing how LP is better than those bands that Saltwater listed.
How about some evidence that LP is better than at least 4 of those bands? How about some reference to their simple licks and mainstream sound?

Anyway I love a good argument, especially over an opinionated subject..

Modest Mouse: We were dead before the ship even sank. (A+++)
Nah, he's just reaching. He doesn't know the music at all if he sees Tom Waits, the White Stripes, At the Drive-In, and The Mars Volta as all the same genre.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #1566
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Music is a matter of opinion. What music is "better" than other music, is a completely moronic topic of discussion.

Just let people like what they like. And just becase something may sell more records, doesn't mean that it's better. It's still opinion. It just becomes "popular" opinion. That being said, I loved Hybrid Theory.

And it's also my opinion that mentioning Limp Bizkit and Korn in the same sentence with the greatness of Tom Morello (Rage), is a tragedy. Tom Morello is a genius IMO.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:37 PM   #1567
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Arguing about music is kind of like arguing about food. If one believes the BigMac is the greatest burger ever made, nothing you say or do can change that.

To each his own.

I am listening to Jose Gonzalez - Crosses.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:01 AM   #1568
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

My GOD, that's a mean guitar.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:07 AM   #1569
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

My GOD, that's a mean guitar.
That sir!!! Is some classic mother effing rock right there....

I'd like to pull one of my axes out right now and jam along to that.....but my wife would yell at me....it's like 3am.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #1570
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

El-P - I'll Sleep When Your Dead
A Plus - My Last Good Deed
The Grouch - Making Perfect Sense
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #1571
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

just got turned on to this... but I've been listening to ThickFreakness by the Black Keys.

Awesome album. I realize they have newer music, but this was the one that was suggested to me. I'd be keen on hearing anyones take on their other albums.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:05 PM   #1572
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

u2,

Thickfreakness is good, but Rubber Factory is probably my favorite album of theirs. The new one, Magic Potion, is pretty solid.

Went to the Wildflower Festival yesterday, got to check out Foghat. Good classic rock there, but the highlight was definitely Morris Day and the Time. Those cats turned that shit out!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:51 AM   #1573
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
just got turned on to this... but I've been listening to ThickFreakness by the Black Keys.

Awesome album. I realize they have newer music, but this was the one that was suggested to me. I'd be keen on hearing anyones take on their other albums.

I LOVE THE KEYS!!! i cant believe yall know em too. ive seen em live a couple of times. you think theyre good on record, but live black keys is awesome
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:56 AM   #1574
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

ive got about half of the new QOTSA album thats not due out for another month

also, the new Smashing Pumpkins single came out today, and it rocks pretty hard (mqwyaah, check it out)

if anyone likes the pumpkins, their B-Sides and Rarities collection which has 114 songs on itunes is now available for $9.99. i couldnt believe it, its normally about $120
Old 05-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #1575
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Music is a matter of opinion. What music is "better" than other music, is a completely moronic topic of discussion.

Just let people like what they like. And just becase something may sell more records, doesn't mean that it's better. It's still opinion. It just becomes "popular" opinion. That being said, I loved Hybrid Theory.

And it's also my opinion that mentioning Limp Bizkit and Korn in the same sentence with the greatness of Tom Morello (Rage), is a tragedy. Tom Morello is a genius IMO.
Limp bizkit had some enjoyable songs and korn was damn good but neither are in the class of rage. Whats funny is when i first listened to rage i didnt really care for them. Zach de la rocha's(spelling?) voice was annoying but i listened for the music. After a while it got to the point that they were just flat out amazing and one of my favorite bands. BTW speaking of korn is it just me or have they recently gone to the nickelback school of music? Their last 4 or 5 singles have all sounded EXACTLY the same. I seriously fear a creed type ending from them.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #1576
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

new linkin park
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #1577
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

gonna pick up the new maroon 5 today. certainly not an amazing band, but i thought their first cd was catchy, and i think the second would be worth $8. granted, they've toured and gone so long off their one release... i'm surprised they didn't release a greatest hits CD with just songs from their first cd...
Old 05-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #1578
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

A Love Supreme.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #1579
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Last 10 years have seen:

Radiohead - OK Computer, Kid A
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over the Sea
Outkast - Aquemeni
At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command
The Strokes - Is This It
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
Tom Waits - Alice
The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium
White Stripes - White Blood Cells, De Stijl, Elephant
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

and that's off the top of my head. There are a ton of better albums out there, and I used to be a big LP fan.
fixed.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #1580
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Plan B by Scorn... who needs ex-lax when you got this...
Old 05-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #1581
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
gonna pick up the new maroon 5 today. certainly not an amazing band, but i thought their first cd was catchy, and i think the second would be worth $8. granted, they've toured and gone so long off their one release... i'm surprised they didn't release a greatest hits CD with just songs from their first cd...
I'm scared of this cd. Their first one is a very enjoyable cd, but their first single off this new album is terrible, imo.

But I am about to give it a listen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-22-2007 at 02:34 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #1582
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i didn't like the first single much either, but it definitely grows on you. the lyrics are awful, but the tune is still catchy.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:03 PM   #1583
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Ben Folds Live...pretty great.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #1584
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Linkin Park's cds are avg to me. I really like a few songs, and hate others. but their new cd is flat BAD. just awful.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #1585
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike

Hmm I didn't know there was such a thing.....I'll have to check that out.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:40 PM   #1586
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Tiny Dancer is good, but Silver Street is the f'n nuts.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #1587
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Tiny Dancer is good, but Silver Street is the f'n nuts.
I really dig his solo version of "narcolepsy" and "not the same"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-25-2007, 02:12 AM   #1588
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Black Stone Cherry - Black Stone Cherry

Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta
I'm glad I found this song again.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:17 AM   #1589
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Matisyahu

Old 05-28-2007, 01:20 AM   #1590
mkat
Platinum Member

Jeff Tweedy living room show 3-3-07.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:08 PM   #1591
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I love when circuit city has a "all cds for $9.99" sale. picked up a few i'd been wanting.

In picture form:

as for the "rock star: supernova", i know i'll have to explain myself. I watched the whole season (MUCH better music/show than anything on Idol), and felt i invested enough of my life to justify a $9.99 purchase.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-29-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #1592
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

n.e.r.d.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #1593
mavsangel

mavsangel is a jewel in the roughmavsangel is a jewel in the roughmavsangel is a jewel in the rough

Willy Mason.
mavsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #1594
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Dizzee Rascal - Maths and English
King Crimson - In The Court of the Crimson King
Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street

Old 06-02-2007, 06:42 PM   #1595
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Tober Omi
Sarah Jaffe
Black Keys - Magic Potion
Beatles - Rubber Soul
Modest Mouse - Lonesome Crowded West
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #1596
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

The Black Keys are great. 'Set you free' is my personal fav. from them.

Just downloaded Edgar Winters Group - Frankenstein and I started listening to Kyuss.

Last edited by Windmill360; 06-02-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #1597
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
The Black Keys are great. 'Set you free' is my personal fav. from them.

Just downloaded Edgar Winters Group - Frankenstein and I started listening to Kyuss.

The Black Keys are playing the Ridglea in Ft Worth in June. They're awesome live... check em out
Old 06-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #1598
sike
The Preacha

ok, ok...I know I may take some good natured ribbing about this...but hear me out

one of the best singer/songwriters I know (andrew osenga) recently did the coolest thing: He wrote a EP of six songs all based on on song suggestions from his fans. It took him less than month and now its here...well as you've probably guessed, I was blessed to be one of the fans who's suggestion was made into a song...and a dang fine song at that.

The EP is a free download (with a suggested donation via paypal...but hey free is free and it just might turn you onto one of the best things going on)

This guy needs love and you guys (who actually like great folksy artists) need to hear him so grab this free download..and see if you can guess which song is based on a line I wrote.

Go to www.ilikeandy.com and grab the free download and free virtual booklet to see amazing pics, the guitars he used, and the lyrics... It is worth your time guys.

the real sike

Old 06-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #1599
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Try this for size:

The Black Keys - Your Touch
Jamie T - Salvador
Jay-z - Lucifer
Marilyn Manson - Heart Shaped Glasses
Danzig - Twist of Cain
The Doors - Peace Frog
Slipknot - Vermillion
Gangstarr - Work

EDIT: Someone else was already listening to Black Keys? Awesome

Last edited by bernardos70; 06-11-2007 at 10:00 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #1600
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Has +44 been mentioned? blink-182's my favorite band, before and after the break-up, and two-thirds of them (including the closest thing to God on Earth, Mark Hoppus) formed +44 after blink split up. Really, really good stuff, came out last November, still not sick of it. Check em out.

EDIT: Looking through the last few pages, it seems the Smashing Pumpkins are popular. +44 did a NICE cover of SP's I Am One; not a fan of the Pumpkins at all, but I really enjoy this cover:

http://media3.44disasters.com/plus_4...asters.com.mp3

Last edited by StackAttack; 06-11-2007 at 11:55 PM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here