Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-02-2002, 08:13 PM   #1
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I painted the town red last night and am struggling a little today, I was hoping you guys have got some sure-fire cures?

any assistance will be gratefully accepted.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2002, 08:44 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Babysit three small children and give them all drums. Soon you will forget all about your hangover.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 11:56 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Have another beer...seriously. Then start drinking a lot of water. It will help. An aspirin or two on top of that should assist. In the future, when you know you are going to have a night like that...drink a whole lot of water before going out. It does two things.

1. It keeps you hydrated. You will pee like a madman, but its better the next day.
2. It makes you a little more full which usually results in you drinking a little less than you might have.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 12:02 AM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I've always been a big fan of taking a couple of aspirin before I go to bed after drinking. It always helps.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 12:07 AM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, taking a couple advil (or whatever) before falling into bed, along with drinking water has kept me from hangovers.
Old 03-03-2002, 12:17 AM   #6
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

don't drink...sorry, can't help on this one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2002, 12:49 AM   #7
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Jeez Hales, doesn't that make you like...SOBER? All the time?

I couldn't deal with that! LOL
Old 03-03-2002, 12:53 AM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I stopped drinking a couple years ago (still drink on occasion, but not often) and I hated it b/c I had my hangovers almost immediately after getting shitfaced. So I'd have to put up with a couple hours of headspinning torture before I could fall asleep.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 01:45 AM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Sure, you could babysit the children. I think that one sounds the most tortuous. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] A slamming headache takes all the fun out of kids.

I don't have a cure for the morning after misery you're in, but I have some thoughts on being able to better handle what you decide to drink (hopefully [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]). The doctor is right, drink a bunch of water before hand (I usually keep water nearby even when I'm drinking and lots of it after). Also, have a steak. No kidding. I guess the protein causes less of the alcohol to be absorbed by your stomach lining. Anything on your stomach should help to some extent though.

I once had a huge debate thing in college - it lasted two or three days and we built up for it all semester, to compete against schools around the state. The night before the final "big day" I had some drinks throughout the night - not too much, wasn't really affected by them. The next day, felt great. That is, until half-way thru the morning session when I started to drink a ton of water. Well, I don't know the biological reason for this, but the alcohol hit my system AGAIN stronger than the night before (anyone have thoughts on why???).

eh hem, this breaks 100. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2002, 01:55 AM   #10
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I got to where i drank atleast once a week at parties and stuff. It was pretty fun, I'm definitely more outgoing after a few. Anyway, by the time Spring Break rolled around I had a pretty good tolerance for alcohol. A bunch of my friends and I went down to Panama City Beach for Spring Break. BUT, I was not yet 21 so I bought in advance a liter of Gin and a 1.75 of Vodka. After three days I managed to drink all of it, but not ONCE did i get drunk. At that point I figured, "well shit, what's the point in drinking if it doesn't effect my vision."

Haven't really drank much since, 'cause it won't be worth it.
Old 03-03-2002, 05:43 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

if you're having trouble getting drunk..well, i can help you there.
never really had the hangover thing either
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 06:13 PM   #12
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

That makes 2 of us Hales.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:47 PM   #13
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

lemon slices under your armpits for about 10 minutes(strange but true). If thats a bit too exotic bust out with the vicodin for the headaches[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] or black coffee and asprin.
Old 03-03-2002, 09:24 PM   #14
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Thanks guys. All your responses were appreciated, I went with the water and some extra vitamin tablets.

Had a date with a doctor and it was important to be at my level best!!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote