Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-16-2002, 05:49 PM   #1
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

That sucks- thats all I will say about that- he was a straight up guy...
Old 06-16-2002, 05:55 PM   #2
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

OK- maybe I will start talking about it soon...ONE thing Hales said that is VERY VERY true is when he called some people on this board "HOMERS". That was the most truthful statement I have ever heard..There are homers all over this board. SURE- I back my teams too, but im also a realist. I know fact from "hopeful" or "wishful"..And I wont mention names, but some in here do NOT- in my honest opinion....
Old 06-16-2002, 05:59 PM   #3
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Guilty and Proud of it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

sure i am a homer ...
Old 06-16-2002, 06:09 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a homer to a point...but I criticize my teams all the time. It's part of sports.

Reeds- Hales will be back...he can't keep his word...he's been sending me pm's ever since he posted that false promise. I just haven't been reading them.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 06:13 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i think alot of people on this board will discuss the issues at hand.. most people aren't blindly looking at the mavs...

I do, however, get the feeling that Hales would simply say things that were negative about the mavs just to piss people off, not because he really thought it was true.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 09:50 PM   #6
reeds
Golden Member

Murphy- can you honestly say you have never said anything on this board just to piss someone off? I know that statement is FALSE. I am guilty of it also- but Hales was not the only person to do that...I can think of many...
Old 06-16-2002, 09:58 PM   #7
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Of course there are homers on this board. That's going to be the case with any team-specific discussion board because otherwise it wouldn't exist. If I wasn't a fan of the Mavericks, I would post here. And as a fan, of course I'm going to look at the team as optimistically as possible--though I certainly try to maintain realism about my optimism.

The problem with Hales--to the extent that there was a problem--was that on certain topics he had decided that anyone who disagreed with him must be a homer, and he would rather mock them than just let it drop or actually deal with their arguments. Rather frustrating.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 10:29 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Thanks Hoops for once again putting into words what I could not.
Old 06-16-2002, 10:33 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

sure, i've said things to get under people's skin..however, i wouldn't get on here and make ridiculous basketball comments just to get under someone's skin...and i agree hoops, it's like the bibby vs nash debate. hell, bibby played at the level in the playoffs that nash played at for the past two years..and suddenly we're idiots and homers for wanting to see bibby do it on a more consistant basis before we'd trade them head up?
i don't buy it.. much of his argument was merely to insight fighting and arguing on that subject...not to turn it into a good sports debate
Old 06-16-2002, 10:37 PM   #10
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I hope hales reconsiders and rejoins the board. He has his faults (as we all do) but overall he is a quality guy.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 10:49 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

I hope he keeps his word.
Old 06-16-2002, 11:05 PM   #12
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

If Hales is gone, who else is going to start the Qwertz to post threads?

Who is going to provide the Celts fan insight to the Pierce- Nowitzki argument?

Sure, most of us are pretty big Mavs fans here, it is guys like Hales that keep a balance.

It just doesn't seem right, if there is a disagreement, I am hoping Hales can put it behind him.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 11:10 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

the problem is..is that hales doesn't like to debate. if someone questions what he says, it immediately goes into personal attacks.
Old 06-16-2002, 11:11 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

i'd like for him to come back..but i think he has some anger management issues that he needs to take care of. i'm sure that i'd be glad to help as would many of the rest of the people on the board.