Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Very, very hard for me to fathom Roddy not getting some burn during this game. Marion was out and JJB was awful. How you don't find a few minutes to see what Roddy was give you is beyond me.

Ultimately it didn't matter because we won, but keeping Roddy nailed to the bench when you're short handed and struggling offensively is completely nonsensical.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-10-2010 at 08:07 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
iggymcfly

iggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Very, very hard for me to fathom Roddy not getting some burn during this game. Marion was out and JJB was awful. How you don't find a few minutes to see what Roddy was give you is beyond me.

Ultimately it didn't matter because we won, but keeping Roddy nailed to the bench when you're short handed and struggling offensively is completely nonsensical.
Agreed. It seems like Carlisle's trying to make a point or something, but I have absolutely no idea what that point is. Beaubois has to move mountains to get into the rotation and then as soon as he plays bad for part of one game, he's moved right back to the bench. He's just being held to a ridiculous standard. The idea that Barea could be better even as a backup PG is pretty laughable, but when they had him playing in that 3 guard lineup with Kidd and Terry, I wanted to throw something at the TV. In what universe is Barea possibly a better choice as a 2-guard than Roddy? It's just insane. I actually registered at this forum just because I was so angry about the lack of PT he got tonight, and I was looking for another forum to vent on.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Dirk played like God, it was a great gritty win, and I'm glad they got it, but I don't have much hope for a deep playoff run if Barea and/or Stevenson are getting serious minutes. Hell, if they're getting any minutes.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
Agreed. It seems like Carlisle's trying to make a point or something, but I have absolutely no idea what that point is. Beaubois has to move mountains to get into the rotation and then as soon as he plays bad for part of one game, he's moved right back to the bench. He's just being held to a ridiculous standard. The idea that Barea could be better even as a backup PG is pretty laughable, but when they had him playing in that 3 guard lineup with Kidd and Terry, I wanted to throw something at the TV. In what universe is Barea possibly a better choice as a 2-guard than Roddy? It's just insane. I actually registered at this forum just because I was so angry about the lack of PT he got tonight, and I was looking for another forum to vent on.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Dirk played like God, it was a great gritty win, and I'm glad they got it, but I don't have much hope for a deep playoff run if Barea and/or Stevenson are getting serious minutes. Hell, if they're getting any minutes.
Welcome aboard Iggymcfly! I agree with you 100%...I'm exhausted and frustrated trying to understand Coach's decisions too, so I surfed some old posts from the Detroit Pistons fans in 2003 and this is what I found. Maybe this can explain Rick Carlisle and his philosophy.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tons-fans.html

Last edited by She_Growls; 04-10-2010 at 09:27 AM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!