Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-13-2016, 09:29 PM   #121
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Big minutes from our starters tonight. Not what you want to see against the other teams backups.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2016, 09:30 PM   #122
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Good to see the team healthy after this game tho
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:31 PM   #123
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Good to see the team healthy after this game tho
David Lee injured his foot.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:31 PM   #124
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
You mean four games of Zaza?
This was a different game. I want to see Mejri out there too.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:32 PM   #125
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
David Lee injured his foot.
He's going to be ready for game 1.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:33 PM   #126
yahyes
Banned

Dirk was on the video montage on Kobe's fairwell
Old 04-13-2016, 09:33 PM   #127
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This was a different game. I want to see Mejri out there too.
This was very much the kind of game we played all season when Rick fell in love with Zaza and we almost missed the playoffs.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:34 PM   #128
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

I was actually looking forward to the playoffs thanks to the recent winning and steady play of Mejri and Anderson, but it looks like once the Mavs clinched, RC goes back to the same old losing shit. I bet he's looking forward to next year, so he can dump McGee and try to get rid of Mejri. Gotta eliminate that strange shot blocker DNA and get some more 4's to play center.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 PM   #129
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
This was very much the kind of game we played all season when Rick fell in love with Zaza and we almost missed the playoffs.
This is it in a nutshell.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 PM   #130
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Let's see how game 1 goes. We don't even know who plays who. Scoreboard watching got me more distracted tonight.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:40 PM   #131
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's see how game 1 goes. We don't even know who plays who. Scoreboard watching got me more distracted tonight.
More beat we got, the more Zaza played. Zaza is our shovel and Rick likes digging.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:42 PM   #132
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

So upset with Rick after this game. I can understand playing zaza so that mejri isn't playing the entire game, but I don't get how he's giving zaza the crunch time minutes despite all the evidence that it kills the mavs. So demoralizing..
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:43 PM   #133
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
More beat we got, the more Zaza played. Zaza is our shovel and Rick likes digging.
Well he filled in. The only good thing is the players(minus Parsons right now) are going to ready for game 1. I do want to see more Mejri.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #134
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@espn_macmahon: X-rays on David Lee's injured right heel were negative. "We hope it's not serious," coach Rick Carlisle said.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:46 PM   #135
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I don't disagree with you, but it's hard to get worked up about McGee when Mejri can't even get off the bench. SMH.
You saw earlier in the season. McGee can play. He got on RC's shit list somehow. If Mavs had cut McGee instead of Jenkins he would be Memphis starting center. They froze the kid and made him wear a suit. That's a bullshit deal. Mavs would be strong with a Mejri/McGee center rotation vs Zaza. In the playoffs teams go to the hoop. Zaza can't do it on defense.

RC gave McGee no burn to avoid possible second guessing. Shitty.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:50 PM   #136
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
You saw earlier in the season. McGee can play. He got on RC's shit list somehow. If Mavs had cut McGee instead of Jenkins he would be Memphis starting center. They froze the kid and made him wear a suit. That's a bullshit deal. Mavs would be strong with a Mejri/McGee center rotation vs Zaza. In the playoffs teams go to the hoop. Zaza can't do it on defense.

RC gave McGee no burn to avoid possible second guessing. Shitty.
I agree 100%.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:58 PM   #137
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@espn_macmahon: X-rays on David Lee's injured right heel were negative. "We hope it's not serious," coach Rick Carlisle said.
Good to go. And it's looking like a coin flip really on oklahoma or san antonio. I think memphis almost beat golden state couple weeks ago...
Old 04-13-2016, 09:59 PM   #138
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

What an absolute joke this team is. No self respect at all.

Playoffs are going to be brutal. I really shouldn't watch it but I just won't be able to stop myself. Mavs have officially turned into my emotionally abusive boyfriend.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:00 PM   #139
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Good to go. And it's looking like a coin flip really on oklahoma or san antonio. I think memphis almost beat golden state couple weeks ago...
Nvm on that. It's looking like oklahoma now.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:02 PM   #140
Underdog

@espn_macmahon: Rick Carlisle: "Hey, we're the Masking Tape Mavs. Our guys have done it on grit and guts. We're banged up, but we've got a couple of days here – a least a couple of days – to try to heal up a little bit more. I just love the way this team has fought for the past two-plus weeks. Tonight was disappointing, but we've got to flush it and get ready to for the playoffs. That's where we are."

Last edited by Underdog; 04-13-2016 at 10:44 PM. Reason: edited to include full quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:04 PM   #141
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Pfffffft
Old 04-13-2016, 11:50 PM   #142
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

So glad I couldnt catch this game. Checking the score online, I already knew. Zaza was getting played too much. And no one could score. Did Anderson get quality minutes?
Old 04-14-2016, 12:09 AM   #143
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell????
Turned it off at half because Mavs were rolling and now I see a Mavs' loss?

What the hell happened....another one of those 3rd quarter melt downs or what?

Damn I'm pissed even though it wouldn't have made a difference in our seed but gotta have a positive going into POs.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:35 AM   #144
TheSportyChannel
Banned

TheSportyChannel will become famous soon enoughTheSportyChannel will become famous soon enough

I'm sorry but this was an effing embarrassment. Lost to a team full of backups while players like Dirk, Matthews, and Dwill playing more than 30 minutes each. Rick Carlisle is not a TOP 2 COACH like some of these delusional mavs fans think. You just lost to a 3rd string lineup at HOME. It's funny how some mavs fans says Popovich is 1A and Rick is 1B. LMAO

Also Dwill is the biggest loser of all time. He needs motivation in order to play good games back 2 back

If Rick Carlisle starts Deron Williams over JJ Barea in the playoffs, then I am on the FIRE RICK CARLISLE BANDWAGON.

Sorry guys but losing at home to a bunch of 3rd string players while you play most of your starters 30+ minutes gives me less confidence heading into the playoffs.

Last edited by TheSportyChannel; 04-14-2016 at 12:38 AM.
TheSportyChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:41 AM   #145
TheSportyChannel
Banned

TheSportyChannel will become famous soon enoughTheSportyChannel will become famous soon enough

A top 2 coach does not lose to a D-League team at home. Coach of the year my a##

Last edited by TheSportyChannel; 04-14-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:43 AM   #146
TheSportyChannel
Banned

I'm tired of Popvich owning Rick Carlisle and the Spurs owning the Mavs. I miss the old days.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:02 AM   #147
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportyChannel View Post
I'm tired of Popvich owning Rick Carlisle and the Spurs owning the Mavs. I miss the old days.
What, back in the days when Pop owned Avery? Or that Golden Age when he regularly schooled Nellie?

I mean, Pop has easily surpassed Riley at this point, and Auerbach coached in a much, much different era... Really, the only guy who ranks higher than Popovich is Jackson, so basically you're comparing Rick Carlisle to the 2nd-best coach in NBA history. Seems fair.

But yeah, let's pine for the good ol' days back before we had a coach who could lead the Island of Misfit Toys to an NBA title... That's how rational fans should behave.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-14-2016 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:08 AM   #148
TheSportyChannel
Banned

Mavs over OKC in 6 if JJ Barea starts
OKC in 5 if Deron Williams starts

Go Mavs!!!
Old 04-14-2016, 08:01 AM   #149
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
What the hell????
Turned it off at half because Mavs were rolling and now I see a Mavs' loss?

What the hell happened....another one of those 3rd quarter melt downs or what?

Damn I'm pissed even though it wouldn't have made a difference in our seed but gotta have a positive going into POs.
Box score said 31-15 3rd quarter. And too much Zaza
Old 04-14-2016, 08:42 AM   #150
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
What old days are you exactly referring to? Because I believe the Spurs/Pop have pretty much been owning everyone in the league since they drafted Duncan in 1997 which is the last 20 years.

Quote:
A top 2 coach does not lose to a D-League team at home. Coach of the year my a##
Comparing any of the Spurs players to D-Leaguers is just stupid. This is probably the most stacked Spurs team of all time. They have no weak links. While this is a Mavs team struggling to keep it together. Are you really saying the Mavs team from even last night would struggle against the Texas Legends?

MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:27 AM   #151
yahyes
Banned

So do we start Mejri game 1?
Old 04-14-2016, 09:50 AM   #152
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So do we start Mejri game 1?
He's had some of his best games against them so I'd say he should at least get the majority of minutes at center.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:08 AM   #153
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mavs over OKC in 6 if JJ Barea starts
OKC in 5 if Deron Williams starts

Go Mavs!!!
You are obnoxiously annoying, but there might be some truth to this. Unfortunately, I don't think Barea is healthy.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:31 AM   #154
Javale McGeeber

Javale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to all

Good way to get all our playoff secret weapons some much needed rest!
Old 04-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #155
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
What old days are you exactly referring to? Because I believe the Spurs/Pop have pretty much been owning everyone in the league since they drafted Duncan in 1997 which is the last 20 years.

Comparing any of the Spurs players to D-Leaguers is just stupid. This is probably the most stacked Spurs team of all time. They have no weak links. While this is a Mavs team struggling to keep it together. Are you really saying the Mavs team from even last night would struggle against the Texas Legends?

The fact is Pops players all know the system, play hard and never let up on defense, even for a moment. Plus those guys were mostly young and hungry. They pounced and the Mavs failed to make shots. When we don't make shots, we lose.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #156
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
When we don't make shots, we lose.
Yes, I agree with 100%. Generally speaking, the team that scores more does win.

I'm being sarcastic but I really do just agree with you. Our guys were missing shot after shot after shot. This team can't bring the energy/focus consistently and we laid an egg on offense in the third quarter which gave their end-of-bench players the confidence they needed to finish the game.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #157
Melonhead
Guru

Barea will be limited this series so dont expect magic.

David Lee will probably be limited. Thats huge.

Zaza will play 30 minutes game 1 and itll be a blowout. Carlisle will then feel pressured to bring Mejri game 2.