Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-21-2016, 07:22 AM   #1
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of
Default GDT (game THREE): MAVS vs THUNDER

Tonight would be a huge win for this team. I think we have done a good job starting game 1 and 2 ...the difference being that we hit our open shots in game 2.

We have to continue doing that tonight.

Coach has to be careful not to overplay guys with injuries like Williams or JJ to the point that its hurting the team. I though he did a good job with Williams last game.

Also...very unlikely that Durant shoots that bad again. We really have to keep the pressure up on him a RW for 48 minutes.

I honestly think we can win this series...but a lot will depend on what happens tonight and I think we will get the W and move one step closer to the second round.

GOOOO MAVS

MAVS 107
THUNDER 102
Old 04-21-2016, 08:14 AM   #2
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

The big thing is not to get discouraged if OKC comes out on fire in the first quarter. This entire team is pure emotion based and will want to redeem themselves for game 2. The Mavs veterans need to solid and not get sucked into their game style. Then as the game goes on, I fully expect OKC to get frustrated and give us chance for a second win.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:36 AM   #3
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Dont get sucked in to their kind of game. They will come out blazing in the first half. Hopefully the mavs can keep it within range. Dont make the injuries worse. Look at the big picture. We need 1 game at the least before heading back to OKC.

Something about this mavs team. Maybe its the veterans but they will go lax when they feel like theyve taken pressure off of themselves. Backs against the wall, theyre a different team. Hopefully JJ can go and give us a spark, even if its limited minutes.

Part of me says we win, part of me says its a respectable loss for Game 3. However, if its a close game in the 4th, I have full confidence Carlisle will work voodoo and the mavs grind it out.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:43 AM   #4
Javale McGeeber

Javale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to all

Will tonight see the return of the two-thumbed dunking machine!?!?

Old 04-21-2016, 11:07 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Let's break up their stupid little dance party again.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:07 AM   #6
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Referee Assignments:
Mike Callahan, Pat Fraher, Sean Wright
Over/under: 196.5

http://www.nbastuffer.com/referee_stats

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 04-21-2016 at 11:10 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #7
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Make it again a slow ugly physical game
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:05 PM   #8
alexmavs

alexmavs is on a distinguished road
Default Cheap game 3 tickets

I just got some game 3 tickets from an up and coming ticket company called Tixers that my friend referred me too.

Figured I would share on this thread in case anyone was still looking. Here is the direct link to their tickets tonight and they have no extra surprise fees and tickets are sent electronically.

http://www.tixers.com/dallas-maveric...-21-16-tickets
alexmavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@espn_macmahon: The Mavs upgraded J.J. Barea (groin) and David Lee (foot) from doubtful to questionable.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:52 PM   #10
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@espn_macmahon: The Mavs upgraded J.J. Barea (groin) and David Lee (foot) from doubtful to questionable.
Would be nice if Lee could give us a solid 15-20 min tonight. Any word on DWill?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #11
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

This might be the most important game of the series. If we can take this game the doubt will set in for OKC, if we lose they gain confidence and probably rally to win in 5.
Right now OKC probably thinks our gm 2 win was a fluke and they gave it to us more than we took it from them so hopefully any complacency on their part will continue to linger and we can capitalize on it.

Last edited by rimrocker; 04-21-2016 at 01:57 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #12
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Start and Play the shit out of Janderson!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:13 PM   #13
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Let's break up their stupid little dance party again.
Don't they only do that at home games? Anyway, I'm all for our players being rude and breaking up that dance. I'm also for our bigs like Mount Zaza fouling Westbrook hard to the ground or J.J. nagging at him like he did when Westbrook didn't even score a point against us.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
This times a trillion.

Go Mavs.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:04 PM   #15
Underdog

@ESPNStatsInfo: Dirk Nowitzki is 12 points from passing Wilt Chamberlain for 16th on NBA's all-time postseason scoring list.

@bobbykaralla: Dirk needs 28 to pass Elgin Baylor for 15th and 47 to pass Scottie Pippen for 14th. Next up after that: Magic.

Old 04-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #16
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

Game 3: The "WTF Is Happening Here?" Game of the Week

...although unbelievable at this time, tonight, KD has another poor offensive game, so, desperately, Eastbro tries to play hero (again!), committing more TOs than usual and also missing layups, thanks to the defense of Zaza, Mejri, and (yes) McGeeber himself... Dirk continues to shine, and the few minutes that Deron and JJ play will be enough to rest Game 2 Hero, Ray Ali, and tonight's hero The Devil Harris....

Mavs - 100
Trumpet - 96

Old 04-21-2016, 03:40 PM   #17
Javale McGeeber

Javale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to allJavale McGeeber is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
That's the first time anyone's called me that before, but alright!
Old 04-21-2016, 05:01 PM   #18
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Russell Westbrook struggles to get his head on straight after experiencing the relentless defense of the Dallas Mavericks. Mavs used Deron Williams, Devin Harris, Jonathan Anderson, Raymond Felton, and J.J. Barea on Westbrook at different points during game 3. Afterwards, all Westbrook could say is "I wasn't myself tonight.......every time I drove to the basket all I could think about was my unfinished dance with Cam Payne. The image of the back of Charlie Villaneuva's head is permanently engrained in my mind."

Mavs 97
Thunder 92
Old 04-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #19
Underdog

‏@tim_cato: Deron Williams said he isn't going in Game 3. J.J. Barea said he is. You can do the math on who starts at point guard tonight.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:21 PM   #20
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Dirk's gotta start rounding up their bigs and get them in foul trouble. We could have won by a bigger margin game 2 with that. Hopefully the team feeds off the home fans energy.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:23 PM   #21
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Russell Westbrook struggles to get his head on straight after experiencing the relentless defense of the Dallas Mavericks. Mavs used Deron Williams, Devin Harris, Jonathan Anderson, Raymond Felton, and J.J. Barea on Westbrook at different points during game 3. Afterwards, all Westbrook could say is "I wasn't myself tonight.......every time I drove to the basket all I could think about was my unfinished dance with Cam Payne. The image of the back of Charlie Villaneuva's head is permanently engrained in my mind."

Mavs 97
Thunder 92
Who?
Old 04-21-2016, 05:54 PM   #22
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
‏@tim_cato: Deron Williams said he isn't going in Game 3. J.J. Barea said he is. You can do the math on who starts at point guard tonight.
Does that mean Felton at the 2? Reeaaaaaally hope it's Anderson. Felton and Barea are going to get lit up.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:55 PM   #23
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Starting lineup:

1. JJ
2. Wes
3. Simba
4. Dirk
5. Mejri

I expect a furious OKC start, and I think the opening minutes will tell the tale on how the game will be called. The more physical, the better for the Mavs IMO. When was the last time that was true for the Mavs? Good stuff. Go Mavs!
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:56 PM   #24
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Does that mean Felton at the 2? Reeaaaaaally hope it's Anderson. Felton and Barea are going to get lit up.
Go big...

JJ
Anderson
Powell
Dirk
Lee
Old 04-21-2016, 05:58 PM   #25
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Go big...

JJ
Anderson
Powell
Dirk
Lee
LOL WTF? Nope.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:58 PM   #26
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I think I'd rather see Felton and Harris both coming off the bench, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Felton get the start with JJ's condition.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:59 PM   #27
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Who?
Mavs' Starters:

Roland Felton
Westin Matthews
Jonathan Anderson
Dirkonian Nowitzki
Zoltan Pachulia
Old 04-21-2016, 06:00 PM   #28
yahyes
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
LOL WTF? Nope.
All out scoring arsenal inside
Old 04-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #29
yahyes
Banned

Alright Mejri has to bring that awareness back to 100 percent. He's playing a huge role into the series.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:07 PM   #30
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone with a good link?
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:13 PM   #31
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Anyone with a good link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3kf8lYGA0

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:13 PM   #32
turin
Diamond Member

Felton, Barea, and Pachulia together is a defensive nightmare for Mavs. :-(
Old 04-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #33
yahyes
Banned

Dirk's gotta draw ibaka in fouls. He can easily
Old 04-21-2016, 06:16 PM   #34
yahyes
Banned

Come on Zaza push their ass. We got backups
Old 04-21-2016, 06:17 PM   #35
yahyes
Banned

JA wanna play on the fly, coach!
Old 04-21-2016, 06:17 PM   #36
turin
Diamond Member

Dirk is stroking it well.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:21 PM   #37
turin
Diamond Member

Time for Mejri and Anderson. -2 is very good for this group for 6+ minutes.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:24 PM   #38
BPo001
Diamond Member

Ibaka is really shooting well this series.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:24 PM   #39
turin
Diamond Member

Nice finish by Lee.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:24 PM   #40
yahyes
Banned

Just a bit more energy, Mavs.