Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-23-2016, 07:59 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@espn_macmahon: Salah Mejri is making his presence felt. He's also doing a bunch of yelling and screaming that nobody can understand.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2016, 07:59 PM   #42
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Simba and Mejiri should play all the minutes available and need to be a big part of next years team.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:00 PM   #43
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

How many Centers in the NBA can actually do what Salah just did? I want to know.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:01 PM   #44
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
How many Centers in the NBA can actually do what Salah just did? I want to know.
Gobert, healthy Howard and Whiteside.

Baller from the G'
Old 04-23-2016, 08:02 PM   #45
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Any chance that we have a cornerstone center in Mejri? I am hoping that we keep him around for another 6 seasons or so.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:03 PM   #46
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStandard View Post
Gobert, healthy Howard and Whiteside.
Exactly. It's not a big list.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:03 PM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Any chance that we have a cornerstone center in Mejri? I am hoping that we keep him around for another 6 seasons or so.
I just put this in the "Next Year's Roster" thread, but:

@espn_macmahon: I know a billionaire who is very intrigued about the possibility of Salah Mejri as the Mavs' starting center next season.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:06 PM   #48
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

I am a huge fan of Mejri and Anderson right now. I hope they can maintain their level of play for the rest of the night. This is their time to shine. We need guys like them to attract new guys to the Big D.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:06 PM   #49
GermanStandard

To be fair Salah is 29.

So 5 years is nosense. He lives off his athleticism and that will go away soon.

Baller from the G'
Old 04-23-2016, 08:07 PM   #50
Underdog

Quote:
To be fair Salah is 29.

He's a rookie, so it's not like his body has been taking an NBA-level pounding for the last decade... Also, we already have him under contract for the next 2 seasons, so I don't know what "5 years" has to do with anything.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-23-2016 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:09 PM   #51
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I just put this in the "Next Year's Roster" thread, but:

@espn_macmahon: I know a billionaire who is very intrigued about the possibility of Salah Mejri as the Mavs' starting center next season.
Awesome! We better not lose this guy, and I'm all for keeping Mount Zaza as his backup. I don't want us to waste our efforts on Dwight Howard unless he comes to us. I want guys who want to be here. We already made our pitch to him. Now it's time for us to attempt to find other guys that I would have never even thought of being quality pieces for the Mavs.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:10 PM   #52
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

That was a good hard foul on Adams. I wonder how that affects his play here on out.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:12 PM   #53
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Mejri is all over the place. Why does it look like he's filled the stat sheet even more so than he has? I am a ware that there are over 3 minutes left in this 2nd quarter. I guess I should be patient.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:14 PM   #54
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

I'd like to understand some of Zaza's fouls.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:14 PM   #55
GermanStandard

Quote:
He's a rookie, so it's not like his body has been taking an NBA-level pounding for the last decade... Also, we already have him under contract for the next 2 seasons, so I don't know what "5 years" has to do with anything.

He played pro ball in europe for a decade so his body already took a lot of pounding and trust me regular season NBA ball is way softer than a pro game in europe in terms of pounding and hustle and energy.

Baller from the G'
Old 04-23-2016, 08:15 PM   #56
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
To be fair Salah is 29.

Salah lives off his length way more than his athleticism. I don't think he'll be a cornerstone but should be a solid player for a while. The best news is Mavs have him on a super cheap contract for the next 2 years.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:15 PM   #57
GermanStandard

Anderson was the best Draft Pick the Mavs made since Josh Howard.

Baller from the G'
Old 04-23-2016, 08:16 PM   #58
Underdog

Quote:
He played pro ball in europe for a decade so his body already took a lot of pounding and trust me regular season NBA ball is way softer than a pro game in europe in terms of pounding and hustle and energy.
No, he played in Europe for only 3 seasons... The guy essentially only has 4 years of pro basketball on his body. He's a young 29.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-23-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:18 PM   #59
GermanStandard

Pachulia is horrible. We need to get rid of his ass

Baller from the G'
Old 04-23-2016, 08:20 PM   #60
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Anderson was the best Draft Pick the Mavs made since Josh Howard.
I remember those days in which we won every game in which Howard scored 20 points or more.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:22 PM   #61
Underdog

@ESPNNBA: Dirk Nowitzki is now 15th on the all-time postseason scoring list, moving ahead of Elgin Baylor.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:25 PM   #62
Underdog

@TheMavsFanatic: HALFTIME: Mavs 48, Thunder 57

Dirk 12 points, 5 rebounds
Anderson 9 points
Matthews 7 points.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:28 PM   #63
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
@ESPNNBA: Dirk Nowitzki is now 15th on the all-time postseason scoring list, moving ahead of Elgin Baylor.
20 more points and he passes Pippen!
Old 04-23-2016, 08:29 PM   #64
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Snow outside. Ugh...
Old 04-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #65
Underdog

Quote:
20 more points and he passes Pippen!

Old 04-23-2016, 08:32 PM   #66
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Need to get Dirk going again early. What Anderson has done so far is helping nice. He can shoot if he puts his mind to it. Did it in college and has the follow through. If Zaza can figure out how to get ibaka in foul trouble.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:34 PM   #67
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty rare to find a rookie that can make that kind of impact out there in the playoffs.

Even rarer to find two.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:38 PM   #68
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I will cheer so hard for the Spurs to sweep these childish clowns in the next round
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #69
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #70
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Okay... I meant 19!
Old 04-23-2016, 08:41 PM   #71
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Why is Pachulia out there?
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:41 PM   #72
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I will cheer so hard for the Spurs to sweep these childish clowns in the next round
a) why are you calling the Mavs childish clowns??
b) why do you want the Spurs to sweep the Mavs???
c)

Last edited by Underdog; 04-23-2016 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:41 PM   #73
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

we have no answer for Ibaka out there.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:43 PM   #74
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Dirk doesn't want to stop playing.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:43 PM   #75
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

They need to stop pressing Russ in the backcourt. He just beats his man down court and gets an uncontested layup.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #76
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
a) why are you calling the Mavs childish clowns??
b) why do you want the Spurs to sweep the Mavs???
c)
I like your attitude.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:45 PM   #77
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Well our offense is there.

Just trading baskets, though
Old 04-23-2016, 08:45 PM   #78
Underdog

Gotta get some soap, feeling a bit dirky...

Old 04-23-2016, 08:49 PM   #79
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF was that, Wes?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:49 PM   #80
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

If we could get some stops, we'd be doing really well now that our offense is clicking.

If only we had some athletic young players that could defend.