Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Should we re-sign Parsons?
Absolutely! Along with Matthews, he's a cornerstone 4 15.38%
No. He hurts our defense and rebounding and Anderson is developing 8 30.77%
Undecided or just want to see results 14 53.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Part with Parsons?

I know he's a talented kid, but I'm curious what the popular opinion is on him. He's talented and seems like a nice guy, but I so far haven't seen him improve our team that much. As a SF he was a net negative for us and I don't see him staying to back up Dirk.

Your thoughts?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on cost & options left on the market... I like Parsons -- but not more than I like Whiteside, and not for max money.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #3
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I keep thinking why not accept lesser to help convince Whiteside and Conley...
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:13 PM   #4
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't think he's enough of a difference maker, and I'm concerned about his health. Maybe if they didn't already have Anderson, or if they weren't already spending so much on Wes.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:26 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I keep thinking why not accept lesser to help convince Whiteside and Conley...
Why would he leave $8m-$16m on the table when this is probably going to be the biggest contract of his career? It's not the same as asking Dirk (the 5th-highest paid player in NBA history, endorsements aside) to sacrifice money to make the team better.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-27-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:44 PM   #6
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why would he leave $8m-$16m on the table when this is probably going to be the biggest contract of his career? It's not the same as asking Dirk (the 5th-highest paid player in NBA history, endorsements aside) to sacrifice money to make the team better.
Bosh did it for Lebron, eh.

Sarcasm aside I think Parsons value actually has dropped bad. And whichever team pays that amount flat out isn't looking to contend right away. Shit it's probably the biggest gamble contract of the off season paying him that much. I'm also thinking teams are going to back off his asking price.

Last edited by yahyes; 06-27-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:35 PM   #7
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should trust the people who see him everyday and have the best idea of his outlook health-wise. I'm not a huge Parsons lover nor detractor exactly. I think he's a solid versatile player with an air of douchiness about him as a person. Always wants everyone aware that he hangs and has ins with the "cool kids". I'm not sure he actually stands for anything(as evidenced by his DeAndre snapchat thing). Maybe it's just a generational thing and he's a product of these times and the growing prevalence of social media. Idk.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:43 PM   #8
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I think we should trust the people who see him everyday and have the best idea of his outlook health-wise.
I have a feeling this is why the FO is unwilling to pay him max -- you can't take that risk if the team doctors have any doubts.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:47 PM   #9
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because Cuban gave him 16M in a year he was scheduled to make 1M?(If I'm remembering figures correctly and of course that was Cubans choice)If he takes 2M less per year over4 yrs. to "sacrifice" he still comes out 7M ahead. That's assuming he gets 16M after staying with Houston on his rookie contract. Maybe he gets injured and has to sign a make good contract. However you look at it he got a sweet deal and got security from this organization. A lot of guaranteed $ and flexibility in the event he went full Guggliota
Old 06-27-2016, 10:51 PM   #10
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
I have a feeling this is why the FO is unwilling to pay him max -- you can't take that risk if the team doctors have any doubts.
This is why I trust their decision on him either way. Would suck to lose an asset for essentially nothing though. AGAIN. I mean Jesus, does Cuban ever buy low or sell high anymore? Not since Tyson in my recollection.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:05 PM   #11
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

If Whiteside is in but Conley is not, max Parsons. 100%
Old 06-27-2016, 11:36 PM   #12
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I really like Parsons and think basketball-wise, he's a great fit for Dirk, our reserve guards and prospective big men. I also have huge reservations about his ability to stay healthy. I don't blame him whatsoever for seeking a max contract; after LeBron (who's going nowhere), Durant, and Batum, he's probably the best free agent small forward and somebody is going to give him that kind of money or very, very close to it.

All of that said, I'm torn right down the middle on him; I like the acquisitions of Whiteside and Conley in theory, but I have questions about their long-term fits here just like I do with Parsons. And if we whiff on both of those guys (and Dwight) while ALSO losing Parsons, I'm going to be pretty pissed.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:55 PM   #13
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I think Parsons is akin to a later in his prime Lakers Lamar Odom. Talented guys who are very versatile and better served coming off the bench. Probably no coincidence that they are the exact same height and weight. Thing is that Odom was a much better rebounder which is what really holds Parsons back from being the guy the Mavs need him to be. I think the team could live with his less than mediocre defense if he could rebound.

That's why you probably let him walk. You can't max a guy out to bring them off of bench.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:56 PM   #14
yahyes
Banned

I think the team who's going to talk to him mostly is the lakers.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:59 PM   #15
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
See that's where I would say pay Deron and get Marvin Williams instead. Parsons shouldn't get offered the max unless Mavs have leverage on his contract. Injury clause and such.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:12 AM   #16
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
See that's where I would say pay Deron and get Marvin Williams instead. Parsons shouldn't get offered the max unless Mavs have leverage on his contract. Injury clause and such.
Can you put an injury clause into an NBA contract? I've never heard of it... They do it in the NFL, but the NBA might have language in their CBA which prohibits those kinds of incentives.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:27 AM   #17
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think he is allready gone because his ego cant stand that the Mavs have Whiteside/Conley over him in their list.

So i wouldnt be surprided if he signs pretty quick a max deal somewhere else.

Sign Hassan and Conley and ask him then if he would sign a shared sacrifice 1+1 deal with getting paid BIG in 2017...maybe Conley would take 1-2m less bumping his 1+1 deal to ~15-16m
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:26 AM   #18
mac222b
Diamond Member

Marvin Williams would be a great pickup if Parsons walks and we have enough $ left. Great bridge till JA is ready 2017-18. What does everyone expect him to get? 12-14M per? Is there any feasible way to sign Conley, Whiteside and Marvin Williams or Bazemore? Does it mean Dirk taking an exception or vet min?

Last edited by mac222b; 06-28-2016 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:08 AM   #19
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is the way I see it. If we are able to sign Whiteside and resign Parsons I think Cuban will be able to work with Williams to resign.

My thought for several months has been that Williams/Matthews/Parsons/Dirk/Howard would be a nice situation for us next season under the circumstances and Whiteside instead of Howard would be even sweeter. That same core with Zaza got us a 6th seed and I think Whiteside would put us right there competing with Clips for the 4th spot.

If Cuban can somehow convince Conley at the expense of losing Parsons I'm more than thrilled but I still don't see Conley leaving Memphis for us and quite frankly I'd hate to lose out on both of them. If Cuban exerts all of his energy chasing the Conley pipedream while Parsons and DWill are signing with other teams, then what???? Seems like he's been down that path enough to learn his lesson but who knows.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-28-2016 at 06:27 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:48 AM   #20
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Well, I voted the Absolutely, but I don't agree with the wording. I don't think he's a cornerstone. However, every single radio station is giving the Mavs a 5% chance at getting Conley and Whiteside while we have a high quality guy here. I'm just tired of betting everything on top free agents coming here ... and losing. Sign Parsons, chase Howard, fill in around those two + Dirk, and compete for the next 3-4 years.

Otherwise, chase those free agents, 90%+ chance of whiffing ... and we have Dirk trying to carry this team for the entire season. That's what I don't want to see.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #21
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Can you put an injury clause into an NBA contract? I've never heard of it... They do it in the NFL, but the NBA might have language in their CBA which prohibits those kinds of incentives.
I could have sworn I've heard an NBA contract having some kind of injury clause.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #22
yahyes
Banned

So Parsons went on a Twitter rant last night. He says he deserves the max.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:20 AM   #23
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

This is a wait and see as far as I'm concerned. If we add defensive-oriented players then there aren't many better options for offense. If we add an offensive-oriented core player then he may not be a necessity.

Most of the FAs we're hearing about connected to the Mavs tend to be more defensive oriented so I'm inclined to think we should at least keep him as a primary option. Will probably be the easiest to sign.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:41 AM   #24
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Well, I voted the Absolutely, but I don't agree with the wording. I don't think he's a cornerstone. However, every single radio station is giving the Mavs a 5% chance at getting Conley and Whiteside while we have a high quality guy here. I'm just tired of betting everything on top free agents coming here ... and losing. Sign Parsons, chase Howard, fill in around those two + Dirk, and compete for the next 3-4 years.

Otherwise, chase those free agents, 90%+ chance of whiffing ... and we have Dirk trying to carry this team for the entire season. That's what I don't want to see.
Thing is that it's likely Dirk who wants this path. If he wanted Parsons at max on day one, then you know the FO would do it.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:47 AM   #25
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think you deserve a max after those injuries? "Sure do"

Why did you opt out? "Cuz I have a brain"

Why do you deserve a max contract? "Cuz I'm really good at basketball"

These are tweets he handpicked to answer on his page...ugh.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:05 AM   #26
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Don't forget "I'm healthy and going to be a monster this season"

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:13 AM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your max contract on the Lakers, then
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:19 AM   #28
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Thing is that it's likely Dirk who wants this path. If he wanted Parsons at max on day one, then you know the FO would do it.
That seems to be a mystery to me....Dirk's relationship with Parsons.
Dirk knows what it is like to get paid so if his relationship with Parsons is great he probably doesn't mind Parsons getting paid.
But I don't hear much about those two....perhaps someone here can enlighten me.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #29
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:

Are these actual quotes? Makes sense he and Blake Griffin are besties. Total frat bro
Old 06-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #30
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are these actual quotes? Makes sense he and Blake Griffin are besties. Total frat bro
Yes.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:26 AM   #31
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Give me Conley/Whiteside over Parsons/Jordan anytime.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #32
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

We've been spoiled. It's as simple as that. We have been fortunate enough to have a true professional, humble, unassuming, and un-entitled to cheer for all of these years with Dirk. We all know that Dirk is unique and special, but we would like for the players we cheer for to be more like him than not.

Parsons is a completely different personality, and it shows in moments like this. It shows with the emojis. It shows in his responses. But it does make it a little harder to cheer for him because it's not what we are used to or want.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #33
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Don't see how Parsons fits on the Lakers. Who's he gonna start over, Ingram or Randle? If I'm the Lakers I'm not doing anything to hinder the growth of those two. The Magic make the most sense to me. His hometown, he can slide right into that SF spot with Fournier likely gone, he'll probably get his full max from them, it's a fun city that fits his personality.

But yeah as far as us keeping him... I'd max him out if we aren't able to get both or neither of Whiteside and Conley. I actually think our best case scenario would be signing Whiteside and Parsons to max deals, Deron Williams on a decent deal, and roll with Justin Anderson as our sixth man. If you're worried about Anderson's growth being halted by Parsons, we could always just start JA at the 3, Parsons at the 4 and have Dirk as the super 6th man.

Getting Conley/Whiteside would be awesome, but I think with the scenario I listed above we're a more talented/deep team.

Last edited by Vinsanity; 06-28-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:47 PM   #34
Melonhead
Guru

Could it be smoke from the FO they don't want to max Parsons? And will max him by the end of Friday once they realize they aren't getting one of Conley Whiteside?

With Wes/Parsons/Dirk/Whiteside you have a better chance of a PG looking to come to Dallas.

Just seems like an uphill asking two FA who have never spoke to team up with an old roster in a city they have no connection to.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #35
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Don't see how Parsons fits on the Lakers. Who's he gonna start over, Ingram or Randle? If I'm the Lakers I'm not doing anything to hinder the growth of those two. The Magic make the most sense to me. His hometown, he can slide right into that SF spot with Fournier likely gone, he'll probably get his full max from them, it's a fun city that fits his personality.

But yeah as far as us keeping him... I'd max him out if we aren't able to get both or neither of Whiteside and Conley. I actually think our best case scenario would be signing Whiteside and Parsons to max deals, Deron Williams on a decent deal, and roll with Justin Anderson as our sixth man. If you're worried about Anderson's growth being halted by Parsons, we could always just start JA at the 3, Parsons at the 4 and have Dirk as the super 6th man.

Getting Conley/Whiteside would be awesome, but I think with the scenario I listed above we're a more talented/deep team.
They're a mess. But the Buss family go with hype of all kinds. Parsons it seems is more worried about a modeling career in LA than winning championships. So it would make sense if he went there. Watch the warriors get desperate too if Durant doesn't go there and the sixers could all of a sudden be able to steal Barnes from them.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:52 PM   #36
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Could it be smoke from the FO they don't want to max Parsons? And will max him by the end of Friday once they realize they aren't getting one of Conley Whiteside?

With Wes/Parsons/Dirk/Whiteside you have a better chance of a PG looking to come to Dallas.

Just seems like an uphill asking two FA who have never spoke to team up with an old roster in a city they have no connection to.
I really don't see him getting his max within 24 hours after it starts. My prediction is almost 5 days after when Horford, Deng, and Barnes are situated.

Last edited by yahyes; 06-28-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:48 PM   #37
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Dlord has an article up saying that Mcmahaon reported on the radio that Dirk was the one that pushed for Rondo despite Carlisle, Donnie, and Cuban being against it.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #38
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Dlord has an article up saying that Mcmahaon reported on the radio that Dirk was the one that pushed for Rondo despite Carlisle, Donnie, and Cuban being against it.
That stings. If true. Blew our asset load in that incredibly misguided trade.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-28-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:27 PM   #39
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
That stings. If true. Blew our asset load in that incredibly misguided trade.
All trades that don't work out are misguided. If Rondo wanted to be here, then things would be different now.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:47 PM   #40
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I just want know if the Mavs would reverse course and go back to Parsons if one of their big fish said no? Would they be willing to go back to him, even if he were getting a raise? Are they willing to simply let him walk?

That answer would tell me something about this front office right now.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote