Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-18-2001, 10:28 PM   #1
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Oh man, somebody has to tell me what happened in this Pacer game tonight. Evilmav, did you see it? I'm looking at the boxscore, it says my man Jermaine O'Neal went off for 30 points and 20 boards, and Jalen Rose had 20 assists... This game might have been more worth seeing than the Mavs tonight...
Old 04-19-2001, 03:01 AM   #2
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Too bad they have to play the Iversons, er, Sixers.
Old 04-19-2001, 07:24 AM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

You mean the team thanks been tanking the season ever since they traded for Motumbo? I think I read a stat where they were something like 3-11 against teams over .500 since the trade.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 12:54 PM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Last night was a wonderful thing to watch... I was going crazy with four minutes left when Jalen reentered the game with 18 assists- I really wanted to see him get 20. Jermaine O'Neal continued his dominance of the Cavs this year, with his best single game of the season (He has averaged about 16 pts, 13.5 rbs, and 4.5 blocks against the hapless Cavs this year). "Baby Barkley" Harrington had some foul trouble, but was murdering people with his all around game when he was in the lineup. I really think that the Pacers can take out the slow as molasses Sixers this year- our starters were killing their starters (without Iverson) in the first half of the Sixers/Pacers game two nights ago, before the reserves played the second half...

The Pacers have won ten straight games at Canseco, and they are playing their best basketball of the season right now. Travis Best is healthy again. Al Harrington is looking like "Baby Barkley" every second night. Austin Croshere has found his jumpshot, his hustle, and his game again. My man Jeff Foster has fought his way into the rotation, and he has brought his winning defense and rebounding with him- it is no coincidence that the Pacers really started to win when he solidified the rotation. Jermaine O'Neal is the best power forward in the East, and he is the second best shot blocker in the NBA- guess what team trails the leagues' leading shotblocking Mavs, for #2 in total team blocks- that's right, the Pacers! Jalen does not look like a point guard, but when he and Best are playing together, they really mesh for scoring and playmaking. Reggie is ready for the playoffs- he has finally begun to strut and glare again- he wasn't doing that earlier this year. All in all, many aspects of the talent rich Pacers have been coming together at precisely the right time, and I think that will spell disaster for the Sixers in the first round... The Pacers could very well contend for one of the top seeds in the East next year if they play like the have in this last month next year (much like a certain team from Dallas that was murdering people at the end of last year)... I am very happy that the long streak of hearing the following hallowed words in the playoffs will continue:

ARE YOU REEEEEEEAAAAAAADDDDDDYYYYYY PAAAAAACCCCCCEEEEEERRRRRR PEEEEEOOOOOPPPPPLLLLLEEEE !!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 04-19-2001, 05:53 PM   #5
scooterj5
Golden Member

oh my
Old 04-19-2001, 06:11 PM   #6
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

The young athletic Pacers are probably the best bet in the east to upset Philly in the first round... Jermaine O'Neal, one of the league's top shotblockers, playing at his top form of the season, might be the perfect answer for Allen "The Answer" Iverson, and Jermaine O'Neal, quick, athletic, defensive PF-C might be the perfect answer for slow, inept Dikembe "The Sloth" Mutombo. The Pacers should win the rest of the matchups across the board, and when you throw in the ultimate x-factor in the playoffs, Reggie Miller, you have a very likely first round exit for the Sixers...
Old 04-19-2001, 06:12 PM   #7
Mavinator
Golden Member

Evilmav, do you know the Pacers playoff schedule and what channels I might be able to catch the games?
Old 04-20-2001, 03:48 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

It should be on TNT (I will need to look up whether it is tomorrow or on Sunday)... LOL to "The Sloth". Mutumbo is so old he might soon require the assistance of adult diapers...
Old 04-21-2001, 12:57 PM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Damn that Mutumbo... 11 rbs and 4 blocks in the first half today...
Old 04-21-2001, 02:26 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Man that was an AWESOME comeback!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2001, 05:22 PM   #11
Mavinator
Golden Member

Reggie is the man... the predicted upset is coming...
Old 04-22-2001, 03:39 PM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

That was one of the best playoff games that I have seen in quite a long time... Reggie added to his legend with that last glorious shot. This series is already over. The heart of the Sixers has been gutted and smashed in the dirt. It's going to be third straight ignominious exit from the playoffs at the hand of the Pacers for Iverson and co. A season's worth of winning for home court advantage was just flushed down the toilet...
Old 04-22-2001, 03:57 PM   #13
Mavinator
Golden Member

I was going absolutely insane when that 3 clanked in... the Pacers managed to save my day from being ruined...
Old 04-23-2001, 05:59 PM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

The madness marches again tomorrow. My Pacer's Sixth Sense tells me that Indy will win in a shocking blowout...

ARE YOU READY PACERS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2001, 06:04 PM   #15
Mavinator
Golden Member

This is something we will see a lot of tomorrow:

Old 04-23-2001, 06:06 PM   #16
Mavinator
Golden Member

So is this:

Old 04-23-2001, 06:14 PM   #17
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Unfortunatly, I only see the little red boxes on the last two posts...
Old 04-23-2001, 06:17 PM   #18
Mavinator
Golden Member

Hmm... is either one working now?
Old 04-24-2001, 12:56 PM   #19
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Not on my computer...
Old 04-24-2001, 01:15 PM   #20
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Are you trying to copy these pics from your home computer? We wont be able to see them, cause we dont have a connection with you. You will have to download them on a site and direct the html code there.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 05:40 PM   #21
Mavinator
Golden Member

Nope, they're lifted from a site I found by the name of jermaineoneal.8m.com... The webmaster probably uploaded .bmps or something, which seem to work on my computer and no one else's... Oh well. The pics were a graphic of Jermaine dunking and a big picture of him apparently stripping the ball from Mutombo...

Here are some other great sites:

alharrington.8m.com
jonathanbender.8m.com
jefffoster.8m.com
riksmits.8m.com
Old 04-24-2001, 05:40 PM   #22
Mavinator
Golden Member

Jermaine, Jalen, and Jeff Foster are the Three J's of the Pacers! Eventually Jonathan Bender can replace Jalen, too...
Old 04-24-2001, 06:00 PM   #23
scooterj5
Golden Member

Well the pictures worked on here
Old 04-24-2001, 06:20 PM   #24
Mavinator
Golden Member

My Pacer Sense is tingling... countdown to game 2 of sweep, 45 minutes...
Old 04-24-2001, 08:40 PM   #25
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Game 2

Reggie Miller. 13/15 FG. 33 points AT THE HALF [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 08:42 PM   #26
Mavinator
Golden Member

Reggie is unconscious...

BOOM BABY!!

I am going insane!

REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE...
Old 04-24-2001, 09:50 PM   #27
Mavinator
Golden Member

ugh.... that was a game we shouldn't have lost.

That was also a game where Isiah Thomas showed his inexperienced mistakes as a coach... giving Tyus Edney crucial minutes in the fourth is a mistake, especially guarding Iverson, I don't care how many fouls Travis Best has. Giving up when you're down 16 with 4 and a half minutes left in the game is a mistage... Not running post plays for Jermaine O'Neal was a mistake (who is still dominating Mutombo)...

Oh well. We're going back to Naptown, and things are going to look very different. Iverson won't be sinking threes without being able to see the basket. The crowds will not be chanting "Reggie sucks" while he takes his free throws. And the Sixers will not win...
Old 04-25-2001, 04:24 AM   #28
scooterj5
Golden Member

Saw the 2nd half of the Sixers/Pacers game 2. Miller is streaky, too bad for the Pacers he peaked in the 1st half, and not when the game was being decided in the 3rd and early 4th. J-O has skills; he was up there with Dikembe with 6 blocks. But most importantly, Allen Iverson. I mean DAMN. I think he got 45 points, 9 assists. That's huge, and he just took over. Some lucky bounes too!!
Old 04-25-2001, 02:25 PM   #29
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

The Pacers were not as effective at doubling down on Iverson last night. Iverson forced the tempo of the game, and also took many of his attempts in transition, thus making it difficult for the Pacers to rotate to defend him. Also, this Pacers team has a bad tendancy to sit back and watch whenever Reggie or Jalen are having huge games. Croshere, Best, Harrington, and O'Neal are always reticent to assert their offensive games whenever JR or RM are going, and that really hurt them in the second half...