Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Realistic trades for Camby

Ok, I've seen speculation that Camby may be available as the Clips continue to suck, though it's worth noting that Camby is an expiring himself, so I don't see the Clips taking back a bunch of garbage--or any long-term commitments--just to unload him.

I've come up with one that I think works pretty well.

Gooden + Humphries
for
Camby

I believe this works dollar-wise, after December 15th when Gooden can be traded. The Clips can immediately waive Gooden and save a nice chunk of money, and get back a nice young player in Humphries who's not terribly expensive--and is expiring, if they want to use him in another deal or let him come off their cap number at the end of the season. If this happens roughly halfway through the season, this reduces the Clippers' obligations from $4.6MM to Camby, to only $1.45MM to Humphries for the balance of the season--a significant savings, which Cuban can always sweeten with a little cash as well.

It's obvious why the Mavs do this one--Dampier & Camby instantly becomes the best defensive 1-2 punch at C in the league, and Camby's ability to play some 4 as well means there would be enough minutes to go around. Gooden thus far has looked completely useless, and while Hump looks like he's got some nice upside, the acquisition of Camby renders him rather obsolete, at least for this season, especially since he's buried behind Dirk on the depth chart.

Thoughts?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote