Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-25-2019, 10:50 PM   #81
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

"German Shepard"....first time I've heard that but I love it for Kleber.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2019, 10:50 PM   #82
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

2 bad Poseidon’s by DSJ

Awaome D by Maxi
Old 01-25-2019, 10:51 PM   #83
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

LUKKKAAAAAA
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:51 PM   #84
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Lol Kleber the German Shepherd. I love it.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:51 PM   #85
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Did Followill just call Maxi Kleber 'The German Shepard'??

I like it!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:51 PM   #86
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

DSJ has to have the confidence to finish that last drive, not try to force it in to DAJ who was coming for the follow. Reverse that!
Old 01-25-2019, 10:52 PM   #87
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely love Luka's swagger.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:52 PM   #88
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having all sorts of feels in my pants right now tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:53 PM   #89
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Luka better be on the ALL STAR team

Last edited by AO41; 01-25-2019 at 10:54 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:55 PM   #90
Underdog

Luka hitting those clutch FTs.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:56 PM   #91
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell was that by the Pistons in the last 20 seconds?
Old 01-25-2019, 10:56 PM   #92
Underdog

Game. Blouses.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:57 PM   #93
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Wow... Okay, I liked how DSJ played today. That's the guy we fell in love with last year.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:57 PM   #94
saclare
Platinum Member

Damnnnnn I thought that last step back by Luka was going in...

And LOL at the Pistons in the final 20. Griffin can't get out of there soon enough.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:57 PM   #95
AO41
Platinum Member

It’s so good to see how much Luka is respected by everyone but especially ALL the foreign players. I think they know how much he will mean and that he will take international basketball to another level.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:58 PM   #96
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie View Post
Wow... Okay, I liked how DSJ played today. That's the guy we fell in love with last year.
It's because he is being prioritized over Barnes and Matthews. IMO, it was really that simple.

I really would be surprised if Wes keeps starting or for that matter keeps playing.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:58 PM   #97
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Grats Mavs! You needed this one. Nice to see Wes on the bench to close. Also, what else does Maxi have to do to be a regular in the starting lineup? I'd prefer both him and DFS over Wes. Well, we got a W, so I'll take what I can get. I hope Rick was paying attention tonight.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:59 PM   #98
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie View Post
This. He also didn't seem upset or pouting when he sat down the late late stretch. Gotta have DFS and Maxi out there in this one for the defense and rebounding. Plus they deserved to be after their spurts pretty much held off the Pistons and may have won it for the Mavs.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:00 PM   #99
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

I'm okay with Luka, DSJ, Barnes, Maxi, DAJ starting. Hell, I'd PREFER Luka, DSJ, DFS, Maxi, and DAJ, but we know that's not happening. LOL
Old 01-25-2019, 11:01 PM   #100
turin
Diamond Member

Maxi should've been on Griffin from the start. I still can't believe Wes was on Griffin at all. LOL
Old 01-25-2019, 11:04 PM   #101
saclare
Platinum Member

Luka Doncic with 32-8-8
Old 01-25-2019, 11:06 PM   #102
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Luka Doncic with 32-8-8
All-Star.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:07 PM   #103
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Maxi should've been on Griffin from the start. I still can't believe Wes was on Griffin at all. LOL
Good thing Rick pulled his head out of his ass after a few minutes in the first quarter but don't understand why he shoved it back in when the 2nd half started.
God his rotations drive me nuts.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:13 PM   #104
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Grats Mavs! You needed this one. Nice to see Wes on the bench to close. Also, what else does Maxi have to do to be a regular in the starting lineup? I'd prefer both him and DFS over Wes. Well, we got a W, so I'll take what I can get. I hope Rick was paying attention tonight.
@MavsHighlights: Interesting

Last edited by Underdog; 01-25-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:16 PM   #105
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
All-Star.
No doubt.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:20 PM   #106
Underdog

@tim_cato: Rick Carlisle on whether the team's starting five, which was -13 and didn't close either half, will remain the same: "You'll have to show up Sunday and see."

Old 01-25-2019, 11:22 PM   #107
rimrocker
Diamond Member

DFS should get the start against the Raptors....best option to guard Leonard.
But of course it will be Wes.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:30 PM   #108
Underdog

@NBATV: Cool Hand Luka does it again.

The rook went off for 32 PTS, 8 REB and 8 AST in the @dallasmavs' win!

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1089011943526912000

Old 01-25-2019, 11:37 PM   #109
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
@NBATV: Cool Hand Luka does it again.

The rook went off for 32 PTS, 8 REB and 8 AST in the @dallasmavs' win!

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1089011943526912000
It still feels almost surreal that our little Mavericks ended up with this kid. Much thanks to the Suns, Kings and Hawks organizations for making dreams come true!
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:38 PM   #110
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@tim_cato: Rick Carlisle on whether the team's starting five, which was -13 and didn't close either half, will remain the same: "You'll have to show up Sunday and see."
LOL it's so weird why he is so unwilling to do the obvious. Wes must be the best lockerroom player of all time.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:16 AM   #111
Underdog

Eddie Sefko: "Are you allergic to 2-pointers?"

Maxi Kleber: "Eh, kind of."

Old 01-26-2019, 03:00 AM   #112
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
Is this real life? Barnes is passing the ball. DAJ is playing hard. Dennis looking decisive and free. Are we actually good or does Detroit just suck that much?
Little of both. Mavs seems to have an identity when at home.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:29 AM   #113
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Bullets:
  • DJ hugging Rick
  • LOL of the night from Harp: "I'm extremely impressed with DJ as a passer."
  • The lack of shooting is really hurting our pick and rolls. Teams just swarm the paint and Luka has a difficult time hitting his floater or passing to the roller.
  • I felt like we used the DSJ/Luka pairing better than ever. Luka was the primary ball-handler and DSJ helped pushed the tempo. Then Dennis moved to PG with the second unit.
  • Dennis is so good when he attacks the rim (and lethal in the open court). I think his success depends on whether the team can put him into situations where he can use that skill. I'm still concerned about his viability in the half-court as witnessed by his atrocious fourth quarter performance.
  • Dirk will never get to #6 in all-time scoring, right? That wide-open airball three from the corner was painful.
  • We need to count hockey assists for Luka. Dude is insane. 32-8-8.
  • I'm not sure why we aggressively try to establish Barnes in the 3rd when he has a rough shooting night. We had Luka AND Dennis going but still went to him with countless possessions. It contributed to the initial run Detroit made in the third.
  • DFS is back. The two-man unit of him and Kleber is a +6.4 pp100 in 395 minutes.
  • Talking about two-man units, here are our top five +300 minutes played: Kleber / Powell, Kleber / JJB, Kleber / DFS, Kleber / Doncic, Kleber / DJ. Might be me, but is there a pattern? Four big blocks and four big threes by the German Shepherd.
  • It's obvious at this point, but Barnes has to work on passing this off-season. He so great on collapsing the defense and then basically just has to stop and pass the ball to anyone on the perimeter. Even if that's not an open shot, the next swing will lead to one. Instead, he forces all those contested tries.
  • Wes benched for Kleber and DFS. Woo-motherfucking-hoo. We won with Wes and Barnes combining for 9 points on 2-14 shooting. Go figure.
  • Shot by Drummond at 5:54 was after the shot clock expired plus offensive basket interference. Sports smartest refs caught being dumb again and of course the two-minute report doesn't cover that.

Last edited by j0Shi; 01-26-2019 at 05:30 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:50 AM   #114
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
It's obvious at this point, but Barnes has to work on passing this off-season.
He hasnt topped more than 3 assists in a game this season.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:56 AM   #115
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait until Barnes and Wes are gone. Would love to see our team with two more young athletic guys. We have some nice pieces on our G-league team.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:31 AM   #116
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Can't wait until Barnes and Wes are gone. Would love to see our team with two more young athletic guys. We have some nice pieces on our G-league team.
Some people think HB might decline his option and search for more long-term security. I'm not as confident. Besides that, he can work in a reduced role. He just has to play like Kleber, basically.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:42 AM   #117
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Some people think HB might decline his option and search for more long-term security. I'm not as confident. Besides that, he can work in a reduced role. He just has to play like Kleber, basically.
He does seem to be unhappy right now and that might be affecting his game.
Wouldn't surprise me if he does opt out but I'm not sure anyone will pay him what he will be making. His play certainly doesn't warrant a max, or near max, contract.

He's the type of guy we could possibly get an expiring and a young or future asset in return by the TDL. If we could get something like that I'd be fine in the right deal because I don't see him as a long-term piece on this team.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #118
Underdog

Quote:
We're not going to give Barnes a reduced role, it would kill his trade value... Hell, I'm starting to think the only reason Wes got benched last night is because we've given up on trying to trade him and plan to just let his contract expire, otherwise he'd probably still be getting showcased as well.

Opting out actually makes a lot of sense for HB this summer. Sure, he's not going to get another payday as big as the one he's coming off of, but he's healthy and still putting up points, so he should be able to secure at least 4/60. Sure, he'd be sacrificing $10m next year, but he'd be set for the next 4... Plus, if he's unhappy here, it would allow him to choose his next destination -- if he opts in, there's a good chance we trade his expiring contract, and the teams who make those trades tend not to be the best destinations. Opting out this summer allows him to control his own destiny while he's in the best position to do so -- he'd get a fresh start on a new team with a new contract so he can focus on the game and not the business side of things. Barnes seems like a dude who would prefer that... At this point, opting out makes more sense than opting in.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-26-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:23 AM   #119
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled View Post
It still feels almost surreal that our little Mavericks ended up with this kid. Much thanks to the Suns, Kings and Hawks organizations for making dreams come true!
Is there strong evidence the Grizz would have taken Luka?
JJJ is no slouch and seems to be playing really well.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:27 AM   #120
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Rumors are that Luka blacklisted Memphis
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote