Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-10-2019, 08:23 PM   #4041
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Why is this idiot Wade getting living legend award espn espys and not Dirk???
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2019, 08:29 PM   #4042
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
Hey! My first time ever using the Multi-quote feature! Did I do it right?
Oh wow you really are dead serious. Ok so I'm new to this new world of super sensitive people.

If me highlighting the word "One" and telling you to rethink the use of the word one, based on the fact literally Cuban himself references past failures in the off season, and not your actual opinion is me telling you "how to think" I mean... I'm really sorry. I'd say dude but I'll keep in gender neutral just in case.

Is that how you apologize to the sensitive people today? It's my first time as well.

And yes you used the multi quote tool to perfection.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:29 PM   #4043
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
Banana Boat.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:08 PM   #4044
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Oh wow you really are dead serious. Ok so I'm new to this new world of super sensitive people.

If me highlighting the word "One" and telling you to rethink the use of the word one, based on the fact literally Cuban himself references past failures in the off season, and not your actual opinion is me telling you "how to think" I mean... I'm really sorry. I'd say dude but I'll keep in gender neutral just in case.

Is that how you apologize to the sensitive people today? It's my first time as well.

And yes you used the multi quote tool to perfection.
Hey, you said something you didn't mean or you worded something wrong, it's ok. We all do it from time to time. I forgive you and I won't hold it against you, but please refrain from personal attacks. And keep whatever weird social justice argument you are starting up confined to the politics section.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #4045
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

What shit this thread turned into. Since we no longer have cap space and trades are all that's left, should we just close it down?
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:12 PM   #4046
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
What shit this thread turned into. Since we no longer have cap space and trades are all that's left, should we just close it down?
I feel somewhat responsible. My original intent was partially to try and encourage more positivity, but somewhere along the line I obviously went about it the wrong way and only added to the problem. My sincerest apologies to the group.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:25 PM   #4047
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, there is no reason to despair! Fish is reporting that we might trade for Andre Iguodala! Season saved!

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:42 PM   #4048
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
Wade had a great career.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 07-10-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:52 PM   #4049
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Guys, there is no reason to despair! Fish is reporting that we might trade for Andre Iguodala! Season saved!

Weird. So we reportedly would get rid of Courtney Lee by also sending a second round pick for Iggy, but both are on the last year of their contracts so there is not much difference there and I'm not sure Iggy can help us all that much this year (and would likely just leave next year to chase a ring elsewhere). Last year he averaged only 5.7 pts per game and he is clearly in decline.

If we had gotten Iggy from GSW for a 1st round pick like Memphis did by all means, but I'm struggling to see how we really benefit from this trade. Does adding Iggy help us contend for a 7th-8th spot in the West?.
ChileanMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:56 PM   #4050
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Better than Lee at least.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:02 PM   #4051
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

Lol, I just remembered the comments from Iggy on Luka's Mom on Draft day (https://twitter.com/andre/status/1009946354246807552).

Yeah, I guess he is definitely better than Lee, but is he going to be happy playing with us given that we are not going to be contending for a ring this year?
Old 07-11-2019, 01:32 AM   #4052
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileanMavsFan View Post
Lol, I just remembered the comments from Iggy on Luka's Mom on Draft day (https://twitter.com/andre/status/1009946354246807552).

Yeah, I guess he is definitely better than Lee, but is he going to be happy playing with us given that we are not going to be contending for a ring this year?
I think it'd be a nice trade potential trade piece as well. I just know that if they have no free agents that they're interested in signing then this is a good move.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:55 AM   #4053
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how much Iggy has left in the tank, but I think he excels in one thing this team lacks...veteran leadership. He is exactly the kind of guy I want in the locker room with KP and Luka. Dirk is gone, and there is no one else left who has been to the mountain top and can teach these youngsters how to be a professional.

Us old folks remember one of the worst looking trades in Mavs history...sending Jason Kidd to PHX in 1996. But we did get Mike Findley in the deal. He was nowhere near the player Kidd was. But he was steady as a rock in the locker room with a couple of kids named Dirk and Nash. Because of him, they grew up to be consummate pros as well.

As KP learned one night in his NYC penthouse, it is very easy for a young player to make a simple mistake and pay for it big time. I think Igoudala is the kind of guy who can teach young guys how to lead. I suspect he did that with Curry and company and I would love to see him do it here.

There is more to building the future than adding another 20ppg guard to the mix.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:12 AM   #4054
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

"Unfortunately for the Mavs, besides having plenty of competition for the savvy veteran, the Grizzlies are reportedly not interested in acquiring Lee’s contract for the Iguodala deal." - Noam Bernstein
Old 07-11-2019, 03:38 AM   #4055
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care about Iggy either way. I don't think he's the upgrade we need to make a more serious push for the playoffs and hence would rather give the minutes to Dodo or Jackson.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:33 AM   #4056
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I don't care about Iggy either way. I don't think he's the upgrade we need to make a more serious push for the playoffs and hence would rather give the minutes to Dodo or Jackson.
Agree and if we have a roster spot open I'd rather give it to Roby or Reaves if Iggy is the best we can do in a Lee trade.

Last edited by rimrocker; 07-11-2019 at 05:35 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:48 AM   #4057
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Well Fish thinks (I know, I know) that something more is in play besides a straight swap. Another player perhaps from a third team..
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:53 AM   #4058
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I don't know how much Iggy has left in the tank, but I think he excels in one thing this team lacks...veteran leadership. He is exactly the kind of guy I want in the locker room with KP and Luka. Dirk is gone, and there is no one else left who has been to the mountain top and can teach these youngsters how to be a professional.

Us old folks remember one of the worst looking trades in Mavs history...sending Jason Kidd to PHX in 1996. But we did get Mike Findley in the deal. He was nowhere near the player Kidd was. But he was steady as a rock in the locker room with a couple of kids named Dirk and Nash. Because of him, they grew up to be consummate pros as well.

As KP learned one night in his NYC penthouse, it is very easy for a young player to make a simple mistake and pay for it big time. I think Igoudala is the kind of guy who can teach young guys how to lead. I suspect he did that with Curry and company and I would love to see him do it here.

There is more to building the future than adding another 20ppg guard to the mix.
I feel like this is underselling fin the player. No he wasn't as good as peak Kidd but he was the best player on the team for a little while and was a top 15 NBA player at one point.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:19 AM   #4059
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Eh no thanks to Iggy. If we want a vet influence we should sign the JET as an assistant coach.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:41 AM   #4060
ChileanMavsFan

If we are looking to add a veteran presence and provided it doesn't impact any other trades we might be working on (you can only hope), I would love to add Vince Carter for his last season in the NBA.

I know he only played for us past his prime but he has been one of my favorite players after our championship run and the dude is a class act.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:30 AM   #4061
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure someone who took to Twitter to comment about Lukas mom would be great veteran leadership.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #4062
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

1. Iggy has nothing left in the tank IMHO
2. He likely doesn't want to play here like 99% of the NBA because they are not yet sold on Luka/KP
3. Nobody wants Lee
4. #freeJustinJackson

Old 07-11-2019, 11:21 AM   #4063
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@bobbykaralla: The Mavericks have officially re-signed Dorian Finney-Smith.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #4064
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

No to Iguodala, yes to Vince. But I feel some here are forgetting Barea. Still would be nice to have another solid vet. Need to wait on any potential trades etc.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:39 AM   #4065
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Vince should sign with Toronto...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #4066
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

As for Vince, he will expect to be in some team's typical rotation.... and I don't think that's the Mavs. I'm sure they don't want to deprive minutes from people like Jackson or DFS at this point. Jackson especially needs playing time.

Iggy may not expect that. He's likely to be a situational player and knows it.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:51 AM   #4067
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'd like to circle back to our free agency conundrum that we always seem to find ourselves in. It was reported that Green didn't come here because we were 2-3 years away from contention. Of course, we would be much closer if talent like him (or obviously better) would come play here. Such is the giant issue with plan Powder.

I do wonder if it says more about the players though than the franchise. Isn't a player like Kemba good enough to put is in the top teams in the West? Surely he had to have seen that. Or are we living in la la land thinking KP/Luka is going to be great and that Kemba still has to carry a heavy load?

Or maybe the FO just sucks a pitching free agents like they have been for years. All reports said Kemba was basically "the guy" yet we didn't even get a meeting with him? They need to hire SOMEONE who gets pitching to agents/players because man child Cuban and asleep at the wheel Donnie aren't getting it done. They rock at trades when dealing with other teams, but they clearly aren't good at the free agent thing.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:53 AM   #4068
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
No to Iguodala, yes to Vince. But I feel some here are forgetting Barea. Still would be nice to have another solid vet. Need to wait on any potential trades etc.
Jj will never play competitive NBA ball again. He's more of a coach than a player at this point
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #4069
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
I feel somewhat responsible. My original intent was partially to try and encourage more positivity, but somewhere along the line I obviously went about it the wrong way and only added to the problem. My sincerest apologies to the group.
Not to anyone in particular, just in general.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #4070
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Jj will never play competitive NBA ball again. He's more of a coach than a player at this point
🤯 says who?

Old 07-11-2019, 12:07 PM   #4071
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I like how people are talking about Iggy like it isn’t something Fish just made up... There are no concrete rumors, Memphis has zero motivation to trade him for Lee, and Iggy could easily find himself a better fit elsewhere. This story has no legs.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #4072
Underdog

I like how people are talking about Iggy like it isn’t something Fish just made up... There are no concrete rumors, Memphis has zero motivation to trade him for Lee, and Iggy could easily find himself a better fit elsewhere. This story has no legs.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:15 PM   #4073
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I don't like it. People should know better than to want him here. There are plenty of other things we can waste our time on.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:24 PM   #4074
JJP

The whole thing should be viewed as largely about dumping Lee's contract, and a lot less about acquiring Iggy.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #4075
ChileanMavsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The only thing that makes me think that it might have legs is that Tim MacMahon also reported the Mavs were interested on getting Iggy from Memphis a week ago

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...44368645742592

But who knows, we'll have to wait and see

Last edited by ChileanMavsFan; 07-11-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #4076
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd like to circle back to our free agency conundrum that we always seem to find ourselves in. It was reported that Green didn't come here because we were 2-3 years away from contention. Of course, we would be much closer if talent like him (or obviously better) would come play here. Such is the giant issue with plan Powder.

I do wonder if it says more about the players though than the franchise. Isn't a player like Kemba good enough to put is in the top teams in the West? Surely he had to have seen that. Or are we living in la la land thinking KP/Luka is going to be great and that Kemba still has to carry a heavy load?

Or maybe the FO just sucks a pitching free agents like they have been for years. All reports said Kemba was basically "the guy" yet we didn't even get a meeting with him? They need to hire SOMEONE who gets pitching to agents/players because man child Cuban and asleep at the wheel Donnie aren't getting it done. They rock at trades when dealing with other teams, but they clearly aren't good at the free agent thing.
Some of these max guys aren’t even meeting with teams to hear their pitches. Durant didn’t even talk to the Nets. Seems like most of the big names agreed to contracts before FA was even open.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #4077
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
The whole thing should be viewed as largely about dumping Lee's contract, and a lot less about acquiring Iggy.
Fish reports the Mavs trading a 3rd round pick for Iggy.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #4078
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Some of these max guys aren’t even meeting with teams to hear their pitches. Durant didn’t even talk to the Nets. Seems like most of the big names agreed to contracts before FA was even open.
Not sure who is really buying that. It will be interesting to see what the do about tampering. I wanna see FO and agents phones tapped and a full investigation team dedicated to the process. Perhaps create more jobs and make merica great again.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #4079
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:

The same article mentions his concern for how well KP recovers and what KP and Luka look like.

All in all, very valid points.

He also mentions tremendous respect for Mark, Donnie and RC.

See Article below:
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...ing-contention

Everyone needs to calm down. Kemba chose boston over dallas. For whatever reason. Maybe its closer to home, Maybe its because he went to school in Uconn which is damn well closer to Boston than Dallas is.

Danny Green states exactly why he chose LA and truthfully and completely unbiased, I agree with him in as much as I'd like him here. Timeline wise, Lebron and AD in the immediacy and from his point of view, I can see having more of a shot than our Younger superstars that haven't yet taken the court together. It may end up being a blessing in disguise.

I have complete faith in Mark and Donnie to right the ship. But first, Luka and KP have to go out there and show that they are worthy of being mentioned as a primetime duo for the rest of the league to take note.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #4080
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is what drives me nuts. How they can’t figure out you need assets and a mix of results before a big FA will consider you a destination is beyond me. Just having space will never entice a player. And we’ve seen it takes all of an hour to clear room when needed for a big FA.

Tags
win now