Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #1
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I think we traded our unprotected 1999 1st round pick along with the 1998 19th pick for Nash. That pick turned out to be the 9th pick.....Shawn Marion.
"What the people got, unexpectedly, was Nash, who fills the Mavericks' mammoth void at point guard. Nelson was unable to pry the Canadian from Phoenix at midseason - instead taking Cedric Ceballos for Dennis Scott - but nabbed Nash this time by packaging the first-round pick in 1999 with Garrity, Bubba Wells and Martin Muursepp.
The Suns refused to make the trade unless the pick was left unprotected. That means the Mavericks must surrender it no matter how high in next June's lottery it falls."
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:16 PM   #2
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
"What the people got, unexpectedly, was Nash, who fills the Mavericks' mammoth void at point guard. Nelson was unable to pry the Canadian from Phoenix at midseason - instead taking Cedric Ceballos for Dennis Scott - but nabbed Nash this time by packaging the first-round pick in 1999 with Garrity, Bubba Wells and Martin Muursepp.
The Suns refused to make the trade unless the pick was left unprotected. That means the Mavericks must surrender it no matter how high in next June's lottery it falls."
Wonder if Donnie can pull off something similar yielding Bamba and Jalen Brown?
DSJ/Brown/Barnes/Dirk/Bamba would be a fun team to watch this season.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-12-2018 at 08:19 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:52 PM   #3
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

A very human look at MPJ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MxCjDsiza8

To my previous points about MPJ, his athleticism and ball handling are tremendously over rated. He OFTEN times settles for mediocre shots. Can he shoot? yes. But coming out of college his game is far away from his most common comp KD. Not saying I wouldn't be good with us picking him if he is healthy, but his game is far from solidified.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 06-12-2018 at 08:55 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:06 AM   #4
Zaman314125

Zaman314125 will become famous soon enoughZaman314125 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post

To my previous points about MPJ, his athleticism and ball handling are tremendously over rated. He OFTEN times settles for mediocre shots. Can he shoot? yes. But coming out of college his game is far away from his most common comp KD. Not saying I wouldn't be good with us picking him if he is healthy, but his game is far from solidified.
I think that passing is something that can be taught. It's good that he has an alpha dog mentality. I think Carlisle can do wonders with this kid. I'd be happy with this pick. Don't know if the Mavs got balls to pick him though.
Zaman314125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaman314125 View Post
I think that passing is something that can be taught.
Agreed ... Dirk's inability to pass is why we lost against Nellie's Warriors. His ability to learn to pass out of double/triple-teams is part of why we won a championship.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-13-2018 at 06:18 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:15 AM   #6
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post

He would be fun to watch with DSJ. So hard to evaluate but you can see the tools. I can absolutely see the athleticism. Hard to remember how big the kid is and how awkward they can be as teenagers.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:57 AM   #7
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
He would be fun to watch with DSJ. So hard to evaluate but you can see the tools. I can absolutely see the athleticism. Hard to remember how big the kid is and how awkward they can be as teenagers.
Pretty much one of Doncic, Porter or Bamba and I'm ecstatic.

Ayton, Bagley, JJJ, Carter and the rest don't do much for me

But lets say they truly have Carter rated higher than some of those other dudes and they can trade down and still get him then by all means do it

Last edited by mac222b; 06-13-2018 at 10:58 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:19 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Wonder if Donnie can pull off something similar yielding Bamba and Jalen Brown?
DSJ/Brown/Barnes/Dirk/Bamba would be a fun team to watch this season.
It would be pick #5 (Bamba) for Jaylen Brown -- you're not getting both... Boston isn't just trying to dump the guy, they're looking to move up in the draft to acquire Bamba.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-12-2018 at 09:21 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It would be pick #5 (Bamba) for Jaylen Brown -- you're not getting both... Boston isn't just trying to dump the guy, they're looking to move up in the draft to acquire Bamba.
Yeah no Jaylen, but we could nab Porter and Bridges or something similar if we traded assets future picks to get into the first round again.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #10
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I was about to ask how you don't top 10 protect that...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote