Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-07-2002, 09:43 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Just days after the 25th anniversary of his Derby win, Seattle Slew has died.

Fans of the Dunham and Miller show will know why this is such a shock. His interviews were priceless.

I hate having posted this above the Curtis Williams thread. That was a true tragedy.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2002, 09:52 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i hate hores racing, but i always enjoyed seattle slew's guest appearances on TheTicket
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 05:23 PM   #3
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Hey, Seatle Slew lived at Flag Is Up Ranch in Sulvane, CA (sp) - which is where my aunt and uncle bought their horse in March. I have no idea what that place is going to do now that he is gone!! Tons of mares were flown in every year, and (after being bred to him) they lived on the ranch until after their foals were born. I believe cost for each mare was $80,000 for the entire pakage.
When was this info released? He died before Easter. Terribly sad. That place up there is so empty now - just a few mares and foals left.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:15 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Sad story...but not like the Williams story indeed.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 09:01 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I watched that horse run during his glory years - he had as big of a heart as ANY athlete. Seattle Slew hated to lose.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 09:08 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Seattle Slew Glue?

sorry in advance.....
Old 05-07-2002, 09:09 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Seattle Slew Glue?

sorry in advance.....
>>

I guess you have to have a couple of duds to balance the good zingers you throw out there.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 09:09 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

lol

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2002, 09:38 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

heaven knows that Doc has more than his share of duds
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 09:39 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

someone has to do it....
Old 05-08-2002, 12:57 AM   #11
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< Seattle Slew Glue?

sorry in advance.....
>>

This is patheticly cold. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

As a side note, a lot of people are affected by his death. Marty Robbins uses some of the ranch, but Seattle's whole part of the opperation is shut down. Some people will have to get new jobs.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:59 AM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Some people will have to get new jobs.

That's not good...
Old 05-08-2002, 01:08 AM   #13
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I love the horses. Go to Lone Star Park 2-3 time and you probably will too. The horse and the jockey are interesting athletes indeed.

Oops. Did I open up another question by calling the horse and jockey athletes.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 02:49 AM   #14
Smiles
Diamond Member

Your assessment is correct! They are indeed athletes.

Besides, Rod isn't around to loss points over this one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]