Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of
Default STAY POSITIVE!

let me just say that gloom and doom and pessimism is completely warranted right now. We had 3 contenders come into our house and beat us... our offense has looked like complete shit... especially in the half court where Kidd seems confused, hesitant, and is playing without confidence. Furthermore Dirk is out for an uncertain amount of time. FURTHERMORE, we lost to the Spurs on EASTER AND on Kidd's 35th birthday!

Isn't it amazing how perceptions can change in a week? Before this week, there was a thread about whether or not we were peaking at the right time... and now people think we are a done team that is too old to win. I personally think Avery's questionable rotations are a PART of the reason we may look "old". Old would be substituted for experience had we had a good week.

Just as perceptions can take a 360 degree turn for the worst, they can take a 360 degree turn for the best.

We played poorly in these games, but we were not blown out. Statistically, our defense was pretty solid. Our offense just looks like ass.... I don't think we're as far away from a title as some on here think, I have confidence in the roster on this talent. We're not good enough to win it all playing mediocre... but if the talent on this roster clicked and played their A game, I believe.

Until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs or unless we find out Dirk's injury is season ending, I will not lose faith in the Mavericks. Doing so I think would be giving up the right to cheer for them if they WERE to make playoff noise. Us fans, until this season is OFFICIALLY over whether it be before the playoffs, during the playoffs, or after we win it all, must hope for the best
So, what am I hoping for?

I'm hoping Dirk's injury is 2 weeks and 2 weeks only... I'm hoping we sneak into the playoffs and start clicking on the offensive end. Yes, its a stretch, but it's not impossible... this is the NBA where amazing happens. Yes, it might seem like wishful thinking for an 8 seed to win it all, but you know what? An 8 seed has made the finals before, and the west this year is historic, a team has never missed the playoffs with more than 45 wins but it will happen this year... it's a historic year for the west, and considering trade transition/injuries for the Mavs this year, the seed is not reflective of what we're capable of.

easter having just passed, allow me to blaspheme:

DIIIIRK HAS DIIIIED, DIRK HAS RISSEENNN, DIRK WILL COME AGAIIIIN

AMENNN
AMENNN
AAAAMENNN

AND ON THAT NOTE WE SAY:

DIOP AND HARRIS WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN
THE GLORY OF THE MAVERICKS SHALL SOON BE RESTORED
JASON KIDD WILL THREAD THE NEEDLE
DIRK NOWITZKI IS THE BEST POWER FORWARD IN BASKETBALL
AN NBA TITLE IS OUR INALIENABLE RIGHT
DOWN WITH THE SPURS
DOWN WITH THE ROCKETS
DOWN WITH THE SUNS
DOWN WITH THE WARRIORS
DOWN WITH THE LAKERS
DOWN WITH THE HEAT AND THE REFS
MAVERICKS ARE VICTORIOUS, NBA IS DEFEATED

another note, the magic number for the Mavs to stay ahead of the Nuggets right now is 11. if the Warriors lose tonight it's 11 for them as well. That is, if a combination of Mavs wins + Nuggets losses is equal to or greater than 11, we will make the playoffs. Not only is it mathematically possible, it's very realistic. A win over the Nuggets on Thursday although it will be difficult without Dirk would tack off 3 from that number. It's improbable but not impossible

Last edited by ghazi; 03-24-2008 at 03:55 PM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Yeah! I can't wait for our 22 game winning streak! This is gonna be awesome!
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

You speaketh the truth, my friend. Just don't get your hopes too high. It's a long way down.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

It might be better to get a lottery pick.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

WIth a little lottery luck, who knows? I'm positive either way. I could go for a draft pick this year.

With the third pick in this year's draft, the Mavericks select....Brooks Lopez, Center from Stanford!!! or

Wtih the third pick in this year's NBA draft, the Mavericks select......OJ Mayo, shooting guard from USC.

Could happen!!!
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #6
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

By the way, According to Hollinger at espn.com, our odds of making the playoffs are still 84.7%.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

We still have some change!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:39 PM   #9
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I am thinking positive, but it gets really hard once reality sinks in. Anyway, what are the chances of us getting OJ Mayo? That'd be a great addition to this team. Future-wise. So the Mavs would have a future again.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 03-24-2008 at 11:40 PM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:16 AM   #10
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

For things to stay steady, jason kidd needs to start scoring the damn ball more often.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote