Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-12-2004, 11:30 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Nuggets clinch the playoff berth

Awesome performance by Camby. Jazz and portland out.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:33 PM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Nuggets clinch the playoff berth

Yup. Marcus was the man tonight. Little letdowns continue to haunt many of the top west teams. Only Minny and SA seem to be immune right now.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:35 PM   #3
Josh

Josh is on a distinguished road

Lol the poor little Kings marched off the court before the game was over
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:04 AM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Nuggets clinch the playoff berth

Quote:
Originally posted by: Josh
Lol the poor little Kings marched off the court before the game was over
Classy move. Didn't someone do this to the mavs this year?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:13 AM   #5
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Due to the loss, the Kings in the 1st round are still a possibility for the Mavs if Sac loses to GS and the Lakers beat Portland. Not likely, but it seems the Kings aren't much better than us on the road, so it could happen.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:15 AM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sacramento loses tonight...that puts them 1/2 game ahead of the Lakers. Sacremento has the tie-breaker. So if Golden State beats Sacremento and the Lakers beat Portland, our dream match up of getting the Sacless Kings in the first round will be a reality.

Does this sound right?

Edit: Dirno just answered my question [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:22 AM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

The refs rechecked when it seemed that the game was over and determined that the player of the Nuggets in the last play, already not guarded by the Kings, didn't exhaust completely the time till zeros. The Kings were already in the locker room when the refs decided to put 0.5 secs. back in the clock; the Nuggets weren't gone yet cause still were celebrating all around the court.

In other note, I was watching the press conference of the Nuggets' head coach (never remember his name, Blitz or something) after the game and I was impressed. He talked very well about his team; he talked very seriously, very respectfully about them, and in a level that I never have heard -read- here, in Dallas. I will try to get it tomorrow from the quotes cause I would miss the message in trying to reproduce it.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:38 AM   #8
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

"Does this sound right? "

After tonights games, the possibilities for 3rd are SA, Minn, or LA. The possibilities for 4th are SA, Sac, or LA. Mavs could play any of the 4 still.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:07 AM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Way to go NUGGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:08 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

BTW....where are all the people at that were giving me shit about my pre-season prediction of the Nuggets making the playoffs?
Old 04-13-2004, 11:21 AM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go, DrBio! And way to go, Nugs!!

Does anyone ever remember a 1 vs. 8 series that will (should) be as close as this year's will be???
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:56 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

"It's easy to doubt, it's easy to criticize," a triumphant coach Jeff Bzdelik said afterward. "It takes courage and perseverance to not let people challenge your confidence. This team played its heart out - they simply willed themselves to give you what you deserve - a playoff team in Denver."
Old 04-13-2004, 04:21 PM   #13
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Who'd have thought, of all teams, Denver would make the playoffs this year? (except Drbio) And along with this, Cleveland came pretty close to grabbing the 8 seed. Both of these teams are heading in a good direction. GO MAVS!!
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:34 PM   #14
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
BTW....where are all the people at that were giving me shit about my pre-season prediction of the Nuggets making the playoffs?

Doc, I was one of them but I am happy for the Nuggets.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:43 AM   #15
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

Just a side note...........

During the Denver-Sactown game, the Nuggets unveiled the All-Star Game logo for next year's game to be held in Pepsi Center. The 2006 game will be held at Houston's Toyota Center, 2007 will likely be awarded to New Orleans.............

The 2005 Denver ASG logo........
Old 04-14-2004, 10:35 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

I like the logo.