Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-10-2002, 03:54 PM   #1
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

ÜberDirk is on a distinguished road

I need some help if anyone has any ideas. I know it's probably not the most healthy thing to do, but I play basketball year round, 365 day's. I also play tennis and golf in between, but i play basketball all year. Im one of those people that gets out of sync if they don't play basketball for more then 2 days, lol. But recently, my arm has been hurting a lot. I don't know what it is, mabye dead arm or something. But it's felt weak and a lot of my 3's have been front rimming. I have alway's played basketball year round, and im only in my 20's, this has never happened to me before. I didn't play yesterday to rest my arm, but today was the same pain. It's not like it hurts when I do normal things, just when playing basketball. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
Old 10-10-2002, 03:58 PM   #2
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'm gonna have to recommend that you stop masturbating...that's got to be the problem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Seriously, don't know what to tell you...Doc will probably have some good advice though!
Old 10-10-2002, 04:05 PM   #3
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

LMAO, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I don't even see how that joke applies?
Old 10-10-2002, 04:12 PM   #4
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

it's not rocket science!

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 04:24 PM   #5
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

are you lifting weights in addition?

is your arm sore? or is it weak?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 04:27 PM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

where does your arm hurt?

i sometimes get a pain in my elbow that hurts bad when i shoot... i assume it's tennis elbow. rest is pretty much the way to go.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:40 PM   #7
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

sorry veruca, i guess im just not into masturbation as much as you must be[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Actually, my arm sort of feels more weak then sore, which almost never happens to me. I haven't lifted any weights recently, b/c that usually throws off my shot. It's my elbow that hurts, but also my shoulder.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:48 PM   #8
veruca salt
Platinum Member

touche!
haha.
that made me laugh.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-10-2002, 05:58 PM   #9
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you need Tommy John surgery. When you're feeling better you can go back to whacking off again. If I lost the ability to whack off, I'd shoot myself...better yet, I'd get a girlfriend.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:27 PM   #10
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

I have one, and i am talking about basketball, it's funny how you go apeshit over something that offends you (the mormon thread), yet you have no trouble at all saying bs about a serious post.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:28 PM   #11
senorfrog

I personally don't find any humor in making fun of a religion, any religion. You might be a bit different.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:30 PM   #12
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

and I don't find it funny joking about injuries to serious athletes.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:32 PM   #13
senorfrog

Ya...they are very similar aren't they? You've got to be kidding me.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:35 PM   #14
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

It's a matter of opinion. But if you have nothing relevant to add to the subject of the thread, don't type.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:36 PM   #15
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

who's the serious athlete?

ya know, i had pretty bad tennis elbow in summer of '92.. got it from standing across the street in the neighbor's yard, throwing a tennis ball over to our roof, and running in and catching it. over and over again, all summer, with bad mechanics. i was 12. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] twinged it on the first day of little league all-star team practice. hurt like a mutha the whole season. essentially it really is that Tommy John ligament, only mine was stretched instead of torn.

i talked to a trainer dude who said you could put your elbow on your knee with your palm facing up, then take a good size hammer and hold it close to the handle end so that it takes a little force to rotate it around.. then you just rotate it back and forth. strengthens the tendon back to normal. it worked. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

but that doesn't sound like your problem. i just felt like telling a story. also seems like playing basketball 365 days wouldn't allow weight lifting to throw off your shot. gradual adjustment thing. but hey, i'm just blowing smoke here.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 07:38 PM   #16
senorfrog

<< It's a matter of opinion. But if you have nothing relevant to add to the subject of the thread, don't type. >>

You're the one who brought it up in <u>YOUR</u> thread. I was merely replying.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:41 PM   #17
veruca salt
Platinum Member

uber dirk is a serious athelete?
have you ever played basketball in norway by any chance?
haha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-10-2002, 07:46 PM   #18
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

now, im afraid I have never been to Norway.

And no, I DIDN'T bring up the Masturbation thing, someone else did.

Rhylan, thanx for the advice, I'll try it. And yes, I am a serious athlete, considering I play in various leagues and sometimes just at the gym for money. I know what your saying, that's why i do lift weight sometimes, but it messes up my shot for about a week when I do.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:48 PM   #19
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< sorry veruca, i guess im just not into masturbation as much as you must be[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Actually, my arm sort of feels more weak then sore, which almost never happens to me. I haven't lifted any weights recently, b/c that usually throws off my shot. It's my elbow that hurts, but also my shoulder.
>>

Are you left-handed or right-handed?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 08:49 PM   #20
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< Sounds like you need Tommy John surgery. When you're feeling better you can go back to whacking off again. If I lost the ability to whack off, I'd shoot myself...better yet, I'd get a girlfriend. >>

Better yet...get TWO girlfriends. ;-)
Old 10-10-2002, 08:50 PM   #21
senorfrog

LMAO...by the way, I was implying that I would need to get a girlfriend if I couldn't whack off anymore. You're lying to yourself guys if you say you don't!
Old 10-10-2002, 09:02 PM   #22
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

right-handed.

No, I don't &quot;wack off&quot; and im not lying. I personally finding it rather sick, i can mabye understand a teenager doing that, I can actually, but a grown adult, grow up.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:10 PM   #23
veruca salt
Platinum Member

ahh..so you have a girlfriend.
right.

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-10-2002, 09:12 PM   #24
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

yes, i do.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:42 PM   #25
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

I say let it be a masturbation nation, dammit!! The key to great sex lies in the palm of your hand!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2002, 09:51 PM   #26
senorfrog

Amen Toad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And just think, this Frog was just about to stretch out his tongue, and eat you.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:28 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

masturbation is overated.

Uber- seriously...which arm is it? Do you play down low or out top a lot? Please describe (briefly) what you were doing when you first noticed it. I may be able to recommend some thigns for you. Finally, does the pain radiate into your fingers? But it is important which arm.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 01:01 PM   #28
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

H&iacute;jole...!
Old 10-11-2002, 03:26 PM   #29
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

&quot;Uber- seriously...which arm is it? Do you play down low or out top a lot? Please describe (briefly) what you were doing when you first noticed it. I may be able to recommend some thigns for you. Finally, does the pain radiate into your fingers? But it is important which arm.&quot;

Well, I played today, and let me tell you, it felt MUCH better! Jopefully it was just fatigue, I soaked my arm is hot water last night. But today I was nailing 40 footers pain free, so mabye it's gone. It was my RIGHT arm, which is my shooting arm. It doesn't radiate to my fingers. I play both up top and down low, I try to have a versatile game like dirk, only im not that tall [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. I first noted it a few day's ago when i started shooting in the afternoon.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:53 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

If the pain doesn't radiate, that is a good thing.

Since it's in your right arm, that reduces the concern of heart arythmia and related concerns.

It sounds musculoskeletal in nature by what you are presenting. Rest should cure what ails you. Of course, this is only trained opinion and if you are concerned you should see your doctor.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 11:53 AM   #31
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

1.- By the time this topic ends you'll be cured.

2.- If you stop typing 3 months, the sore will disappear.

3.- It's time to play only golf, you are a 20 years elderly, Pancho L&oacute;pez.
Old 10-12-2002, 01:42 PM   #32
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

thanx Doc.
Old 10-12-2002, 03:33 PM   #33
Chiwas
Guru

Do you know the Pancho L&oacute;pez story?
Old 10-12-2002, 03:55 PM   #34
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

No, please tell me Chiwas, but not in spanish, unless you want to challenge me again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2002, 10:29 AM   #35
Chiwas
Guru

Pancho L&oacute;pez is a very funny song and story about a kid who lived very quickly. Born in Chihuahua, my hometown.

[i]Pancho L&oacute;pez

Naci&oacute; en Chihuahua en novecientos seis
en un petate bajo un cipr&eacute;s,
a los dos a&ntilde;os ya hablaba ingl&eacute;s, he talked english at 2
mat&oacute; a dos hombres a la edad de tres. killed 2 men at 3
Pancho, Pancho L&oacute;pez,
chiquito, pero mat&oacute;n.

A los cuatro a&ntilde;os sab&iacute;a montar,he rode at 4
la carabina sab&iacute;a pulsar,
a treinta yardas lo vi apagar
un ojo a un piojo y sin apuntar.
Pancho, Pancho L&oacute;pez.
valiente como un le&oacute;n.

A los cinco a&ntilde;os sab&iacute;a cantar, He sang at 5
tocar guitarra y hasta bailar; played guitar and danced
y su pap&aacute; lo dejaba fumar and his father let him smoked
y se emborrachaba con puro mezcal. and he got drunk with only mezcal
Pancho, Pancho L&oacute;pez
a la c&aacute;rcel fue a parar.

A los seis a&ntilde;os se enamor&oacute;, he falls in love at 6
luego a los siete, pues se cas&oacute;, he got married at 7
lo que tenia que pasar pas&oacute;,
a los ocho a&ntilde;os pap&aacute; result&oacute;. He becames daddy at 8
Pancho, Pancho L&oacute;pez.
se fue a la revoluci&oacute;n.

Aqui la historia se termin&oacute;
porque a los nueve Pancho muri&oacute;, Pancho died at 9 in the revolution war
y el consejo de la historia es:
no vivas la vida con tanta rapidez. and the advice is: don't live your life quickly

Pancho, Pancho L&oacute;pez,
viviste como un cicl&oacute;n, Pancho L&oacute;pez, you lived like a cyclone
Pancho, Pancho L&oacute;pez
viviste como un cicl&oacute;n.[i/]
-- Burns, Blackburn y Lalo guerrero

NOTE: To the tune of the song &quot;Daniel Boone&quot;.
Old 10-13-2002, 12:02 PM   #36
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

LOL, Hilarious Chiwas!