Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-16-2003, 08:06 AM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i truely believe the kings played at 110% efficiency with their season on the line. they had to get the right breaks and the ball had to bounce the right way for them to win.

it may happen again, but i truely doubt it will. if the mavs played as they did in game 6 at ARCO, they'll win going away at home in dallas. i do think however, we need to sub raja in for one of the big 4, our guards are getting posted way too much, and that causes some severe matchup problems.

unfortunately the only person he could sub for in all likelyhood is one of the two PG's and it creates an interesting dilemma for nellie as to what to do. unless nellie is to go really small with nash, NVE, raja, finley, dirk.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2003, 08:19 AM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

<< i truely believe the kings played at 110% efficiency with their season on the line. they had to get the right breaks and the ball had to bounce the right way for them to win.

it may happen again, but i truely doubt it will. if the mavs played as they did in game 6 at ARCO, they'll win going away at home in dallas. i do think however, we need to sub raja in for one of the big 4, our guards are getting posted way too much, and that causes some severe matchup problems.

unfortunately the only person he could sub for in all likelyhood is one of the two PG's and it creates an interesting dilemma for nellie as to what to do. unless nellie is to go really small with nash, NVE, raja, finley, dirk.
>>

Why I think we will win is-

They have struggled to beat us at home in game 6 whereas we blew them out in Game 5. Dallas has answered whenever their season was on the line.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:51 AM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavericks are going to win Game 7 because the statistics say it will happen. There's a reason that 83% of teams that win Game 5 win the series.

The Mavericks are going to win Game 7 because they will get calls at home that they didn't get last night. In Dallas, Doug Christie won't be allowed to continually hold Van Exel. In Dallas, Vlade won't get as many cheap fouls called on the Mavericks inside.

The Mavericks are going to win Game 7 because when their backs are to the wall, they play their best basketball. Dirk is going to step up big, much like he did in Game 7 vs. Portland. Nick, Steve, and Mike will bring their best games.

The Mavericks will win Game 7.

Old 05-16-2003, 08:58 AM   #4
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Mavs will win game seven becuase the crowd will get into it. When the crowd gets into it and the Mavs hit a few shots. They are going to steam roll all over the Kings.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:05 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the general premise here. The Kings played great with their backs against the wall. They did a ton of the little things correctly and we did not. Hence, they won. The Kings are a good team without shewebb and can play lights out basketball. But.....

The Mavs never hit on all cylinders.
Dirk was tentative at best (scary when you think about his line). He can and will be better.
Big game by Nick, but we went away from him (like we have the hot guy all year) for some reason.
Finley was a beast going to the lane. That near posterization of Keon was great. He can fly.
Nash hit some great shots at the end. Sure he slipped but those things happen. He'll be ready to go.

I can't wait until Game 7. It will be a great game and I sincerely think the Mavs are ready.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 09:18 AM   #6
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Three reasons why the Kings won't win:

1. Divac won't play like Abdul-Jabbar in game 7.
2. The Kings won't hit 100% of their FTs again.
3. The don't have HCA.

'Nuff said, bring the Spurs.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 09:33 AM   #7
Big D

Big D is on a distinguished road

The Kings got nearly all the loose balls in the fourth quarter, I would assume the ball bounce our way this time.

I believe we will win game 7 with our backs against the wall. Just like Nick said, the kings were hungrier than us in Game6. But I'm still disappointed at the fact that our guys lacked the killers instinct and just have to learn things the hard way.

Old 05-16-2003, 09:35 AM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Big D- the critical thing is that they learn though. If we survive then it will be worth it. They Mavs matured a lot in game 7 of the Portland series. This is a tough team we are playing now and if they win at home then they will be tougher for having done so. I think they will and I think it might actually be beneficial....if they win.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 09:38 AM   #9
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Game 7 will be a very exciting game with both team putting it all on the line. Expect a very close game down the stretch with the team making the key stop or key bucket to come out ahead. Very similar to the game 7 Portland game but with a quicker pace.

Attack the basket boys. It opens things up later in the game.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 09:41 AM   #10
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

One more thing. Dirk needs to get better position in the post like Divac does against us. Dirk is so good that he still scores, but if he can work to get the ball at 10 feet then the Kings will be at his mercy.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 09:44 AM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

You know I was stoked in the 1st quarter last night. The first few minutes the Mavs looked to be defensively focused. They got away from that, not sure why. I hope they come out tomorrow and play like they want it really bad. Choke the living shyte out of the Queens. Play hungry.... and intense. and MAD!!!!!!!!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Queens suck!!!!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:45 AM   #12
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I think if we keep from Doug Christie looking like an All-Star against us we will be fine. Man does that guy piss me off!!! I remember him sparing us all to death when he played for the Lake Show and even Toronto. And now he plays like some 20 year old rookie with all this energy...
I'm sure his wife makes sure he doesn't miss taking his vitamins[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #13
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

One other reason no one has yet mentioned.

Tomorrow is May 17. For the unintiated, this date-- also known as Syttende mai-- is Norwegian independence day. It is my favorite holiday. It has always been my favorite day of the year.

That said, I cannot bring myself to believe that my Dallas Mavericks could be ultimately defeated on Norwegian independence day.

It won't happen. Heija Mavs!

Old 05-16-2003, 10:23 AM   #14
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

sturm: How do you say F'em in Norwegian? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 10:29 AM   #15
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot imagine a Mavs loss at home in game 7.

They will win cause they don't want to be in one of Kenny Smith's 'Gone Fishin' pictures.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:43 AM   #16
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Everything said is ok.

But one thing can assure the win: to take the lead all the game. Key. (This means to control the rhythm of the game). Why to be trailed if Dallas has home court?

If Dallas doesn't control a lead, the clutch time -and the game- is going to be a toss.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:43 AM   #17
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

It also appears to me that HCA has become meaningful to the Mavs throughout this series-- especially on defense. It looks like we become more energized and play harder on the defensive end when the crowd is behind us and we can feed off its energy. Just an observation.

And, of course, it's still on Syttende mai. I'm guaranteeing a victory.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:39 AM   #18
KEVIN_NY

KEVIN_NY is on a distinguished road

Home court advantage: Mavs
Sudden death Game 7 experience: Kings

They cancel each other out, imho.

A toss.

Go Mavs!!!!!!
KEVIN_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 11:42 AM   #19
mali king

mali king is on a distinguished road

Can't argue with (most of the ) the points in this thread. Still, both Mavs and Kings proved to be pretty unpredictable in this series. At this point, seems like Mavs want it more, if it means anything. I'm already disappointed with Webber not playing, but I'm sure the Kings are not going to surrender like the Mavs did last year in game 5. Really, it can go either way. Can't wait to see the outcome.

GO KINGS!!!
mali king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 11:50 AM   #20
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Sudden death Game 7 experience: Kings >>

Actually I'd give this one to the Mavs. Kings played a 7 game series last year against the Fakers and choked on their chicken to lose it. The Mavs played a 7 game series against the JailBlazers THIS year and busted their balls in game 7. IMO the advantage clearly goes to the Mavs.

Mavs win because their stars step up. Dirk realizes the mistakes he made last night and comes out to play with a vengance. Free swings are over. This is for real and there is no tomorrow.

F'em!!!!
Old 05-16-2003, 12:09 PM   #21
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

<< Everything said is ok.

But one thing can assure the win: to take the lead all the game. Key. (This means to control the rhythm of the game). Why to be trailed if Dallas has home court?

If Dallas doesn't control a lead, the clutch time -and the game- is going to be a toss.
>>

You know what? I know the key to tomorrows game. It is a simple key in my mind. And I guarantee it will provide the owner of it victory. The team that at the end of the game scores more points than their opponent will be in the Western Conference Finals.

How bout them Apples?

Agree or disagree? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

F the Hell out of 'em!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2003, 12:18 PM   #22
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

For the unintiated, this date-- also known as Syttende mai-- is Norwegian independence day. It is my favorite holiday. It has always been my favorite day of the year.

It's also Ryan's 14th birthday..for that reason alone, we win !!!
Old 05-16-2003, 12:25 PM   #23
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< For the unintiated, this date-- also known as Syttende mai-- is Norwegian independence day. It is my favorite holiday. It has always been my favorite day of the year.

It's also Ryan's 14th birthday..for that reason alone, we win !!!
>>

Well I sure as hell hope Ryan has a much better birthday celebration than nellie did last night. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 12:29 PM   #24
ariosto

ariosto is on a distinguished road

<< The team that at the end of the game scores more points than their opponent will be in the Western Conference Finals.

Agree or disagree?
>>

I disagree. Defense wins championships. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 12:38 PM   #25
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

So let me put it this way - it´s not the team with the higher point score, but the team who succeeds in limiting the opponent to the fewest points in this game, right?
Old 05-16-2003, 12:38 PM   #26
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

*double post (padding .. sigh)*
Old 05-16-2003, 12:45 PM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

<< So let me put it this way - it´s not the team with the higher point score, but the team who succeeds in limiting the opponent to the fewest points in this game, right? >>

Sounds good. I like that point better than mine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I heard a sound bite where NVE said that when they had a 9 point lead, they did not build on it and allowed Sac to come back. He said that was why they lost the game. Interestingly, NVE was on the bench during the giving back of that lead. I think NVE was implying he should have been in the game.... or somesuch.....