Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-26-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default Weird Al strikes again

I'm probably a dork for even posting this. :|

Al's version of one of my fav rap songs (Chamillionaire's song "Ridin'")... the lyrics made me think of myself - as well as some of my long lost friends here at dm.com.

http://mp.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=2&pmmsid=1719568

You see me mowin' my front lawn
I know they're all thinkin' I'm so
White and nerdy

Think I'm just too white and nerdy
Can't you see I'm white and nerdy
Look at me I'm white and nerdy

I wanna roll with the gangstas
But so far they all think I'm too
White and nerdy

I'm just too white and nerdy
Really, really white and nerdy

First in my class here at MIT
Got skills, I'm a champion at D&D
M.C. Escher, that's my favorite M.C.
Keep you're 40, I'll just have an Earl Grey tea
My rims never spin, to the contrary
You'll find that they're quite stationary
All of my action figures are cherry
Stephen Hawking's in my library

My MySpace page is all totally pimped out
Got people beggin' for my top eight spaces
Yo, I know pi to a thousand places
Ain't got no grills but I still wear braces
I order all of my sandwiches with mayonnaise
I'm a wiz at Minesweeper, I could play for days
Once you've see my sweet moves, you're gonna stay amazed
My fingers movin' so fast I'll set the place ablaze

There's no killer app I haven't run (run)
At Pascal, well I'm number one (one)
Do vector calculus just for fun
I ain't got a gat, but I got a soldering gun (what?)
Happy Days is my favorite theme song
I could sure kick your butt in a game of ping pong
I'll ace any trivia quiz you bring on
I'm fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon

Here's the part I sing on...

You see me roll on my Segway
I know in my heart they think I'm
White and nerdy

Can't you see I'm white and nerdy

I'd like to roll with the gangstas
Although it's apparent I'm too
White and nerdy

How'd I get so white and nerdy

I been browsin', inspectin' X-Men comics
You know I collect 'em
The pens in my pocket, I must protect them
My ergonomic keyboard never leaves me bored
Shoppin' online for deals on some writable media
I edit Wikipedia
I memorized Holy Grail really well
I can recite it right now and have you R-O-T-F-L-O-L

I got a business doing websites (websites)
When my friends need some code, who do they call?
I do HTML for 'em all
Even made a homepage for my dog, yo
I got myself a fanny pack
They were havin' a sale down at The Gap
Spend my nights with a role of bubble wrap
Pop, pop - hope no one sees me gettin' freaky

I'm nerdy in the extreme
Whiter than sour cream
I was in AV club and glee club
And even the chess team
Only question I ever thought was hard
Was "Do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?"
Spend every weekend at the Renaissance Faire

Got my name on my underwear They see me strollin', they're laughin'
And rollin' their eyes cause I'm so
White and nerdy

Just because I'm white and nerdy
Just because I'm white and nerdy
All because I'm white and nerdy
Holy cow, I'm white and nerdy

I wanna bowl with the gangstas
But oh well, it's obvious I'm
White and nerdy

Old 04-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Not that I think any of you are nerds! Just cracked me up that having Hawking in your library or being a trivia demon is considered as "white and nerdy"
Old 04-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The thing I find really entertaining about this, is that there is really a "rapper" named "Chamillionaire" ??

lol
Old 04-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
Smiles
Diamond Member

Oh, you don't listen to rap? It's not really as funny without knowing the real song.

Rap is my secret guilty pleasure. Shhh! Okay, only a secret at work and church.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
Oh, you don't listen to rap?
lol. I'm a guitar player. No rap for me, thanks. But I'd listen to Weird Al do it just for fun.

Fond memories of my childhood singing "Dare to be stupid" and "Yoda" with my Weird Al tapes. lol tapes, remember those?
Old 04-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Welcome to last fall.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:24 PM   #7
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
lol. I'm a guitar player. No rap for me, thanks.
Thats odd, I never realized that the two were mutually exclusive.

*edit for being too hasty to preview my post

Last edited by DavidDaMonkey; 04-26-2007 at 11:25 PM.
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

[QUOTE=DavidDaMonkey]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
lol. I'm a guitar player. No rap for me, thanks.

/QUOTE]
Just a personal preference. No offense intended or anything.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:56 PM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

chaffy, beat me to it.

that's the thing that I find really enertaining about this. I thought someone had bumped a year-old thread...
Old 04-27-2007, 12:16 AM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Trapped in the Drive Thru is Weird Al's latest greatness-

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2016607175

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #11
Smiles
Diamond Member

Default last fall? :|

Classic rock, especially the really good guitar stuff, is my other favorite kind of music... so I guess they aren't exclusive for some people. Guess I'm one step away from multiple personalities (?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
chaffy, beat me to it.

that's the thing that I find really enertaining about this. I thought someone had bumped a year-old thread...
Oh, I'm so behind the times! How did that happen? :Q

:| I swear, I've never heard Weird Al on any of the Dallas stations!

You've never hesitated to make fun of me before, why stop now?!

Last edited by Smiles; 04-27-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:15 AM   #12
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Weird Al is one of the rare artists whose talent is worthy of a thread 6 months after the fact. This thread is A-okay in my book.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #13
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do vector calculus just for fun
Boy, I can relate to this line.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #14
Smiles
Diamond Member

Default al?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Trapped in the Drive Thru is Weird Al's latest greatness-

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2016607175
Now that was a beating of mass proportions.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #15
FINtastic
Diamond Member

So was the music video he was parodying.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey

*edit for being too hasty to preview my post
'Musician' and 'rap' are mutually exclusive.

Last edited by Murphy3; 04-27-2007 at 10:30 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #17
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
Now that was a beating of mass proportions.
Yeah.. but it's so funny if you've seen what he's doing a parody of.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:39 PM   #18
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

You see me roll on my Segway
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:12 AM   #19
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
'Musician' and 'rap' are mutually exclusive.
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I do a bit of rapping myself, and while I wouldn't call MYSELF a musician, there are many talented rappers out there who are also incredible musicians. Really though all I'm trying to do here is stick in a plug

http://www.myspace.com/thelanzantor

If/When the Mavs make it past this series, I'm going to write a Mavs rap
Old 04-29-2007, 12:22 AM   #20
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Wow this song has been out for a while and you guys are barely noticing. Ya'll are late! =P