Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-02-2005, 04:29 PM   #1
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts
Default But Mr. Bush, I thought it wasnt about the oil!?!?

Bush gives new reason for Iraq war
Says US must prevent oil fields from falling into hands of terrorists
By Jennifer Loven, Associated Press | August 31, 2005

CORONADO, Calif. -- President Bush answered growing antiwar protests yesterday with a fresh reason for US troops to continue fighting in Iraq: protection of the country's vast oil fields, which he said would otherwise fall under the control of terrorist extremists.

The president, standing against a backdrop of the USS Ronald Reagan, the newest aircraft carrier in the Navy's fleet, said terrorists would be denied their goal of making Iraq a base from which to recruit followers, train them, and finance attacks.

''We will defeat the terrorists," Bush said. ''We will build a free Iraq that will fight terrorists instead of giving them aid and sanctuary."

Appearing at Naval Air Station North Island to commemorate the anniversary of the Allies' World War II victory over Japan, Bush compared his resolve to President Franklin D. Roosevelt's in the 1940s and said America's mission in Iraq is to turn it into a democratic ally just as the United States did with Japan after its 1945 surrender. Bush's V-J Day ceremony did not fall on the actual anniversary. Japan announced its surrender on Aug. 15, 1945 -- Aug. 14 in the United States because of the time difference.

Democrats said Bush's leadership falls far short of Roosevelt's.

''Democratic Presidents Roosevelt and Truman led America to victory in World War II because they laid out a clear plan for success to the American people, America's allies, and America's troops," said Howard Dean, Democratic Party chairman. ''President Bush has failed to put together a plan, so despite the bravery and sacrifice of our troops, we are not making the progress that we should be in Iraq. The troops, our allies, and the American people deserve better leadership from our commander in chief."

The speech was Bush's third in just over a week defending his Iraq policies, as the White House scrambles to counter growing public concern about the war. But the devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf Coast drew attention away; the White House announced during the president's remarks that he was cutting his August vacation short to return to Washington, D.C., to oversee the federal response effort.

After the speech, Bush hurried back to Texas ahead of schedule to prepare to fly back to the nation's capital today. He was to return to the White House on Friday, after spending more than four weeks operating from his ranch in Crawford.

Bush's August break has been marked by problems in Iraq.

It has been an especially deadly month there for US troops, with the number of those who have died since the invasion of Iraq in March 2003 now nearing 1,900.

The growing death toll has become a regular feature of the slightly larger protests that Bush now encounters everywhere he goes -- a movement boosted by a vigil set up in a field down the road from the president's ranch by a mother grieving the loss of her soldier son in Iraq.

Cindy Sheehan arrived in Crawford only days after Bush did, asking for a meeting so he could explain why her son and others are dying in Iraq. The White House refused, and Sheehan's camp turned into a hub of activity for hundreds of activists around the country demanding that troops be brought home.

This week, the administration also had to defend the proposed constitution produced in Iraq at US urging. Critics fear the impact of its rejection by many Sunnis, and say it fails to protect religious freedom and women's rights.

At the naval base, Bush declared, ''We will not rest until victory is America's and our freedom is secure" from Al Qaeda and its forces in Iraq led by Abu Musab alZarqawi.

''If Zarqawi and [Osama] bin Laden gain control of Iraq, they would create a new training ground for future terrorist attacks," Bush said. ''They'd seize oil fields to fund their ambitions. They could recruit more terrorists by claiming a historic victory over the United States and our coalition."

Old 09-02-2005, 04:36 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: But Mr. Bush, I thought it wasnt about the oil!?!?

I suppose our liberal friends like reeds would rather ignore a tertiary issue such as this and let Al Queada control the oil. Of course, when they set the wells on fire creating a HUGE environmental situation or starved people by the masses by restricting oil, then it would of course be Bush's fault for not stopping those atrocities.

Idiot ideology in action.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:35 PM   #3
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of
Default RE:But Mr. Bush, I thought it wasnt about the oil!?!?

A president who lies has no ideology at all, in my opinion...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:34 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It's like arguing with a 5 year old child.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh how the media spins it.......
Let's see:
JFK(D) -- Cuba and Marilyn Monroe
Johnson(D) -- Vietnam
Nixon(R) -- Watergate
Carter(D) -- Iran Hostages
Reagan(R) -- Iran Contra
Bush(R) -- "I will not raise taxes"
Clinton(D) -- "I did not have sexual relations"
Bush(R) -- "WMD" and Iraq

Now who's ideology are you talking about? Which elected President hasn't lied to the American public, to some extent?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:47 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
It's like arguing with a 5 year old child.
Except a 5 year old doesn't have the propensity to retreat like the french.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:53 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

French raise terror alert

Following the events in London last week the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from Run to Hide. The only two higher levels in France are Surrender and Collaborate.

The rise was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing their military.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:27 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Goddamn, that is some sharp satire. And hilarious as hell.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:06 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Dude that's some awfully funny stuff. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 10:09 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

That may be the best and most accurate depiction of the french that I have ever seen.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:20 AM   #11
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:
Oh how the media spins it.......
Let's see:
JFK(D) -- Cuba and Marilyn Monroe
Johnson(D) -- Vietnam
Nixon(R) -- Watergate
Carter(D) -- Iran Hostages
Reagan(R) -- Iran Contra
Bush(R) -- "I will not raise taxes"
Clinton(D) -- "I did not have sexual relations"
Bush(R) -- "WMD" and Iraq

Now who's ideology are you talking about? Which elected President hasn't lied to the American public, to some extent?

Check out this site, my friend...:

Bush's lies

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Old 09-03-2005, 03:23 AM   #12
Arne
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
That may be the best and most accurate depiction of the french that I have ever seen.
I can post a lot of America-satire, and then tell you that that's the best journalism about America I've ever seen. This board is ignorant as hell.

Old 09-03-2005, 09:40 AM   #13
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This board is ignorant as hell.
I absolutely agree, since you have signed on, the IQ on this board has gone down at least 30 pts. LOL ... just joking... don't be so serious about stuff you really have absolutely no clue about.

oh yea, since I have now read your "bush lies" site, can you tell me of one of the elected presidents since 1960 who I cannot find evidence of the lying to the public?

Don't be so certain that all the things documented on that site were actually lies (there is more going on behind the scenes than the media is aware of). There is a reason that Congress voted to back the President.

Dude -- hilarious stuff

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 11:23 AM   #14
Arne
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:
This board is ignorant as hell.
I absolutely agree, since you have signed on, the IQ on this board has gone down at least 30 pts. LOL ... just joking... don't be so serious about stuff you really have absolutely no clue about.

oh yea, since I have now read your "bush lies" site, can you tell me of one of the elected presidents since 1960 who I cannot find evidence of the lying to the public?

Don't be so certain that all the things documented on that site were actually lies (there is more going on behind the scenes than the media is aware of). There is a reason that Congress voted to back the President.

Dude -- hilarious stuff
At least I know when my presidentt, or let's better say chancelor treats me like a fool.

Old 09-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #15
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:53 PM   #16
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

U mean- Hooray Bush still cant find me...Hooray Bush forgot about me and attacked Iraq Instead.. HOORAY the leader of the USA forgot about my evil ways and concentrated on Sadaam...Hooray that I am still wreaking havoc all over the world..YIPPEEEEEE for the republicans
Old 09-05-2005, 12:11 AM   #17
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

sigh..

just plain rediculous =\

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:46 AM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
U mean- Hooray Bush still cant find me...Hooray Bush forgot about me and attacked Iraq Instead.. HOORAY the leader of the USA forgot about my evil ways and concentrated on Sadaam...Hooray that I am still wreaking havoc all over the world..YIPPEEEEEE for the republicans
It really is pathetic how reeds continues to celebrate openly the misery of America and the world. He's only happy when terror strikes.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:35 PM   #19
reeds
Golden Member

NOPE- just stating facts. Finish one job before you start another...

Just a question..do you think if we spent the money, resources, troops, time, intellegence, etc, on finding Bin Laden instead of Iraq= he would be either in prison or dead by now? YES..of course you will spin it with your right wing BS as usual..so here is your chance...
Old 09-05-2005, 01:19 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

God forbid the most talented country in the world would multitask. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]

Stop celebrating terror acts reeds.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:46 PM   #21
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Osama? Still wreaking havoc all over the world? Yeah, you wish. You'd like that very much, wouldn't you?

Facts never seem to slow you down.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:33 PM   #22
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

What has osama done recently? Nothing. I am neither liberal nor conservative. I think that the war was necessary, but I think that the patriot act is one of the worst pieces of legislation that this country has ever enacted. Now about the bush lies stuff. Has he lied to us? Yep. Is that necessarily a bad thing? Nope. I want to know whats going on but honestly sometimes it is better for us to not know. Did your parents never lie to you? They do in order to protect you. Every president lies and it is necessary. Has Bush been perfect? No but hes done pretty well considering the circumstances and quite frankly idiots like the people that made that bush lies site. If you want to know lies watch any movie Moore makes. He lies more than just about anyone on the planet and there is no chance that it is a lie in order to protect others.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #23
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
God forbid the most talented country in the world would multitask. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
indeed
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:42 PM   #24
MaverickFFL2

MaverickFFL2 can only hope to improve

Quote:

Stop celebrating terror acts reeds.
Oh, Dr.Bio is one of those "if you smoke pot you support terrorism" fellows
MaverickFFL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:01 AM   #25
Drbio
Banned

Where the hell did you come up with that ignorance? Hello left field......
Old 09-06-2005, 01:44 PM   #26
reeds
Golden Member

"Osama? Still wreaking havoc all over the world? Yeah, you wish. You'd like that very much, wouldn't you?

Facts never seem to slow you down."

Osama isnt still running the show? Al-Qaeda has taken credit for most of the latest terror attacks..its not too tough to put two and two together is it?? He may not have directly did the deed, but he is and has always been involved in some way.. tisk tisk...and Bush cant do anything about it...what a leader you have...but to create the diversion - go bomb iraq..invade..spend 200billion..1800 troops dead!! Great Job GW...1/2 the country hates you, the other half...well...we know about the other half...good ole boys
Old 09-06-2005, 02:16 PM   #27
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Reeds you can't prove definitively that Osama is alive, much less how much he is running the show for recent attacks attributed to Al Queda versus Al Queda cells acting independently. The only thing that is clear is that you oppose all things initiate by Bush simply because he's a Republican.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #28
mavsman55
Platinum Member

Nice... proof?
Old 09-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #29
reeds
Golden Member

I agree, I cannot prove he is running the show...Can you prove he is NOT????

I didnt think so...So I will just assume once the leader, always the leader...makes sense to me....HMMMM????????
Old 09-06-2005, 10:28 PM   #30
LRB
Guru

Quote:
I agree, I cannot prove he is running the show...Can you prove he is NOT????

I didnt think so...So I will just assume once the leader, always the leader...makes sense to me....HMMMM????????
Well go ahead and believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy as well, because I can't prove that they don't exist. And you can believe that you're a complete idiot, because for the life of me I can't prove that you're not, although I'm not giving up.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:31 PM   #31
MaverickFFL2

MaverickFFL2 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Where the hell did you come up with that ignorance? Hello left field......
lol!

I was just kiddin with you dude [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
MaverickFFL2 is offline   Reply With Quote