Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-14-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default 3 way brings VC to Mavs

Dallas trades: PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.4 minutes)
PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 34.6 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Rashard Lewis (17.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2.2 apg in 36.6 minutes)
SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +11.7 ppg, -4.3 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

Seattle trades: SG Ray Allen (23.0 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.4 minutes)
SF Rashard Lewis (17.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2.2 apg in 36.6 minutes)
C Calvin Booth (4.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.0 minutes)
Seattle receives: PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 82 games)
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 67 games)
PF Donyell Marshall (14.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 82 games)
SF Lamond Murray (6.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 33 games)
Change in team outlook: -2.4 ppg, +10.8 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

Toronto trades: SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
PF Donyell Marshall (14.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 36.5 minutes)
SF Lamond Murray (6.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.7 minutes)
Toronto receives: PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 33 games)
SG Ray Allen (23.0 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.8 apg in 56 games)
C Calvin Booth (4.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 71 games)
Change in team outlook: -9.3 ppg, -6.5 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Toronto gets scoring replacement for Carter and an expiring contract in one. They get size in Booth to help them out up front. Delk gives them a veteran PG/SG and a small contract.

Seattle gets cap flexibility from Booth's contract. Walker preserves their cap flexibility from RA contract. Donyell Marshall just adds more cap flexibilty next year. Both Marshall and Walker would be an upgrade for them at PF, and Marshall and Murray can cover SF. Marshall and/or Walker could be moved on in another deal this year if needed. Josh Howard gives them their SF of the future or a good SG/SF swingman.

Dallas gets a full-time starter at SF that will complement Dirk well. One of VC, Fin, Stack will have to be moved for a starter at Center. It most likely will be Stack that goes, maybe to NY for Nazr, etc. Fin becomes the 6th man (sorry Fin, but it has to be). Najera and/or Forston can also be included with Stack in a bigger deal later if Stack not traded to NY. Who knows, in 5 weeks maybe we put together a package of Laettner, Stack, Fortson to Cleveland for Big Z + a contract they want to dump (newble or Ollie).

C: Nazr/Bradley/Benga/Pavel
PF: Dirk/Laettner/(Najera or Fortson)
SF: Rashard/Finley/TAW
SG: Carter/Daniels/Steff
PG: Daniels/Harris/Steff/AJ

IR: Pavel/TAW/AJ
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2004, 06:53 PM   #2
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough
Default RE:3 way brings VC to Mavs

I think this trade has a better chance because it would give Toronto the player they need to replace Vince's impact on the Toronto box office.

One draw back though...........Unless he demands a trade (which wouldn’t surprise me they way things have gone this off-season) Rashard Lewis is NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

He is the future of Seattle......and it is quite obvious they are building there team around him.

If Seattle trades there "future franchise," I guarantee that it wont be for Antoine Walker and others.

It will be for a superstar....like say Vince Carter.

So I guess its now back to the "good ole" trade drawing board again for you...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2004, 07:10 PM   #3
uberfan
Golden Member

Do you remember the rumors right before the draft that had Seattle/Dallas discussing the #5 + in a trade for Lewis and a center? Seattle wanted to send Booth, Mavs supposedly wanted James.

Anyway, this is the basis for this idea. I think Seattle wants to go into full rebuilding mode.

This deal gives them more cap flexibility and youth.

But you are probably correct in that none of the trades ideas we come up with get done.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:30 PM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

this is the best trade proposal i've seen in a looong time.

great great job and thought.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:12 PM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 3 way brings VC to Mavs

I would think about this or exactly 0 seconds before pulling the trigger.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:03 PM   #6
withoutmalice

withoutmalice is on a distinguished road

Devil's advocate says:

For one thing, the salaries don't match to within the required 15% margin. For another thing, TOR is already over the salary cap and even if they subtract the contracts of Carter, Marshall, and Murray, they'd end up with a higher payroll if they took on the enormous contracts of Allen and the mediocre C. Booth who is nothing more than a backup. Also, I'm not sure if SEA would want to give up Allen AND R. Lewis because they would lose a ton of offense. Walker, Howard, and Marshall couldn't possibly make up for the loss in offense if Allen and Lewis are gone. SEA might want to get rid of Allen but not their 2nd scoring option in Lewis too who's still relatively young. SEA would also be getting a lot older by losing Lewis and adding Walker and Marshall and a useless Lamond Murray.

And Nazr Mohammed would hardly be the answer to our C needs. He's only 6'10", 250 lbs. and a terrible shot-blocker (less than 1 per game last year - worse than Dirk) and mediocre rebounder for the position.
withoutmalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:15 PM   #7
uberfan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: withoutmalice
Devil's advocate says:

For one thing, the salaries don't match to within the required 15% margin. For another thing, TOR is already over the salary cap and even if they subtract the contracts of Carter, Marshall, and Murray, they'd end up with a higher payroll if they took on the enormous contracts of Allen and the mediocre C. Booth who is nothing more than a backup.
I believe that the salaries do work within the margin. As to Booth being a backup, that is all that Toronto needs him to be, one more C in the rotation to move Bosh to PF.

Quote:
Also, I'm not sure if SEA would want to give up Allen AND R. Lewis because they would lose a ton of offense. Walker, Howard, and Marshall couldn't possibly make up for the loss in offense if Allen and Lewis are gone. SEA might want to get rid of Allen but not their 2nd scoring option in Lewis too who's still relatively young. SEA would also be getting a lot older by losing Lewis and adding Walker and Marshall and a useless Lamond Murray.
I don't think that you will THAT big a drop-off in scoring with Walker, Marshall and Howard. In any event, regarding getting older--you do realize that Walker and Marshall have expiring contracts and can be moved this year if Seattle is indeed in rebuilding mode? Lamond Murray was included to balance out the contracts and could likely be moved later with either Walker or more likely Marshall.

Quote:
And Nazr Mohammed would hardly be the answer to our C needs. He's only 6'10", 250 lbs. and a terrible shot-blocker (less than 1 per game last year - worse than Dirk) and mediocre rebounder for the position.
I don't know who you think we are going to get at the 5 and at his salary level who will be anything more than a role player. At 26 years old, and playing 20 minutes a game in contributes about 7 pts/6rb and an occasional block with about 52% fg. In the one playoff series he played in this year against NJ he actually increased his production, a positive in my book.

Old 07-15-2004, 01:54 AM   #8
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 3 way brings VC to Mavs

NO way seattle does this deal
Old 07-15-2004, 08:33 AM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If the Mavs Mgmt can take Delk, Walker, and Howard ---- and turn them into Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis. Give them a medal. They deserve one.

The only way I could see this happening, is if the Mgmt of Golden State or the Clippers takes over in Seattle.

Toronto probably doesn't do this.
Seattle had to go to Portland for a while and get Rasheed's old stash to do this.

Dallas burned up a case of pens trying to get their names on the dotted line so fast.

Wow..........I like it though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:26 PM   #10
dirkdirk+carter=championship

dirkdirk+carter=championship is on a distinguished road

sweet dreams![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2004, 10:20 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Why is Seattle blowing their whole team up just to recieve Antoine Walker and Josh Howard?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote