Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-05-2002, 11:28 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the longhorns land 18 of the top 100 recruits in the United states..
some people have said that this is the best recruiting class in the history of college football
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2002, 11:43 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

All I know is that A&M got the 3rd or 4th best recruit in the nation and he's a QB. Something they really need IMO.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 11:49 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

there were two guys that were arguably the best QB in the state.. one went to UT and one went to Aggie land
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 02:47 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

ESPN ranks the horns #1, the Aggs #15.
the link
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 02:49 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

A&M's QB recuit is ranked at #7. Texas's is #4.

the link

Looks like the ags have come up losers... again.

Old 02-06-2002, 02:54 PM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

Not as polished of a passer as McNeal, but Vincent's running skills are second to none. I can't remember the last time I saw a 6-5, QB with his speed, body control and moves. As a junior he threw for 1289 yds and 14 TDs and was picked off 8 times. The film I watched of #10 had a 70-yard pass against Worthing that was worth replaying and a 69-yarder against Lamar. This superior athlete has the arm strength to throw the deep out with authority. He also rushed for well over 1000 yds and proved to be the best running back in the state. I can't say enough good things about this tremendous talent except that some schools have told me they would like to put him at either WR or DB to better take advantage of his skills. However, after I watched Vincent on film I'm certain that he has what it takes to become a great QB. He just needs a little more experience and polish, but the ability to become a great one is most certainly there. Averages over 20 points and 12 rebounds a game as an SFW in basketball. There aren't many sports Vincent can't dominate in.
-- Tom Lemming
Old 02-06-2002, 06:38 PM   #7
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

For Reggie McNeal to fully utilize his skills here, R.C. is gonna have to go, or actually give up offensive play-calling. (He said he gave it up this year to Dino Babers, but long-standing A&M traditions like run-run-pass and repeated shovel passes on 3rd and long stayed intact.)

Lufkin had no running game. It was pretty amazing watching the state championship game. They never ran the ball. I couldn't believe it was Texas high school football. But McNeal is a player. Someone down here in Aggieland is going to have to get the cajones to air it out. They've always had a couple capable receivers, but noone to call the play.

And also, I can't let this go!! Texas needs to do something with all these amazing recruiting classes. Ranking a recruiting class is just a measure of potential. And a certain guy by the name of Darrell Royal once said "potential just means you ain't done it yet." So there ya go.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 08:29 PM   #8
Dirkfan41

Dirkfan41 is on a distinguished road

Longhorns - #1
Bulldogs - #14

So far, so good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Dirkfan41 is offline   Reply With Quote