Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
I see what u did there
Justafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #2802
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I did.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #2803
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafix View Post
I see what u did there
Well, i don't get this. What is that graph means you drew in it? Anyway, the chart is pretty self-explanatory, it's basically Dirk's shot chart from the last 6 years. His highest point per shot average by far, comes from the the middle 3-point area, that's his favorite sport fro shooting trailing 3's, also the right elbow (?) three, elbow-three from the left also not that bad, he doesn't really like the left corner 3 though, right corner 3 is money, and he's also generally more effective from the right side of the court. Nothing we probably didn't know already, but it's cool to see it on a chart. Btw, i instantly knew that chart is Dirk's, before seeing any name, or even knowing one of them is his. Nobody else can have that many green and orange, and yellow spots on long 2's.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 03-09-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #2804
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafix View Post
I see what u did there
?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #2805
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

NBA showing Dirk some respect:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/kBRzn8FNUkg

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 03-09-2012 at 09:31 PM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #2806
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
NBA showing Dirk some respect:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/kBRzn8FNUkg
Just saw this, awesome commercial.

Also.. found this on reddit

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #2807
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know Chris Kaman was Dirk's brother.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #2808
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...iors-have.html

Quote:
There's a Golden State Warriors T-shirt from 2007 hanging above it and a signature below it.

The signature is Dirk Nowitzki's.

The hole is from the trash can that Nowitzki threw against the wall after the 2007 playoffs ended with the No. 8-seeded Warriors ousting the No. 1-seeded Mavericks.

Nowitzki can laugh about it now.

"You like that?" he asked. "Good times."

Not at the time, of course. But the story since then has been a good one. The hole originally wasn't patched, but a board was put over it. But last year, the Warriors decided to ask Nowitzki to sign his handiwork, which he was happy to do.

The Warriors then put the gold T-shirt over it and the item has turned into a featured part of all tours of the arena.

"Our maintenance crew deserves all the credit," said Zach Cohen, the Warriors' assistant equipment manager. "They had the idea and we asked Dirk to sign it and he was great about it. He thought it was funny. Dirk's one of the best guys in the league."

Oracle isn't the only arena where Nowitzki has left his mark. After Game 5 at Miami in the 2006 Finals, he kicked a stationary bike into the wall.

Last edited by markus1234; 03-11-2012 at 08:08 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #2809
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

From Simmons' annual trade value column:

Quote:
10. Dirk Nowitzki
When we taped the B.S. Report with him in Orlando, a beaming Dirk showed up and — as my Grantland colleague Dave Jacoby described it — sat down and basically threw his dick on the table. That "I'm the Finals MVP, we won the title, I came through, I don't have to spend the rest of my life wondering about what-ifs and having everyone pick my career apart" mind-set was practically oozing from his pores.

I can't remember another NBA superstar having his personality transformed by an NBA title; if it happened with, say, Hakeem Olajuwon, I don't remember reading about it. Dirk's next few years will be interesting for historical purposes: In my basketball book, I ranked Bird, Duncan, Havlicek, Baylor, Erving, Pettit, Malone and Barkley as the greatest forwards of all time (in that order). Dirk already leapfrogged the last three; he's about to jump the next three; and if that happens, suddenly he's one of the best 12 or 13 players of all time by any calculation. He's also the greatest international basketball player ever — and actually, you could argue that the distance between Dirk and the next best foreign guy (Gasol, Ginobili) is more like a chasm.12

(Well, unless you count Steve Nash. And I don't. In my opinion, Canada is no less of a foreign country than Texas is. Seriously, who do you have more in common with — Canadians or Texans? I'd trade Texas for Canada in a heartbeat even if the Intercontinental Trade Machine keeps rejecting it.)
His ranking of college players is confusing, because Hakeem is clearly either still in front of Dirk or right there with him. So maybe he's only counting guys that didn't play college ball in the U.S.....but then why the paragraph about why Nash doesn't count?

Anyway, thought it was interesting. I think all of us locally realize that Dirk hasn't really had a personality change, he just seems to be letting more people see his real personality that we've seen for a long time.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #2810
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

I think Dirk's "media-personality" changed more after Barkley (ben&skin and co.) questioned him, than after he won the 1st title. Dirk clearly wants to prove now that he is still an elite player. He is again playing/acting with a chip on his shoulder, which is nice.

Last edited by markus1234; 03-11-2012 at 10:50 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #2811
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I agree there has been much of a personality change, but I think there is definitely a sense of "relief" and accomplishment. He seems more willing to acknowledge his greatness as well (still in a humble fashion, but I never remembered him even mentioning his greatness, he'd always shoo it away).

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #2812
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Carlisle nailed it, he talked about achievement versus fulfillment. Dirk has had tremendous achievement but never fulfillment until last year. I think Carlisle was channelling toni Robbins.

http://ypowr.com/2011/04/01/fulfillment-vs-achievement/
“I have seen business moguls achieve their ultimate goals, but still live in frustration, worry, and fear. What’s preventing these successful people from being happy? The answer is they have focused only on achievement and not fulfillment.” – Anthony Robbins (SUCCESS, January 2009)
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #2813
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
From Simmons' annual trade value column:

His ranking of college players is confusing, because Hakeem is clearly either still in front of Dirk or right there with him. So maybe he's only counting guys that didn't play college ball in the U.S.....but then why the paragraph about why Nash doesn't count?

Anyway, thought it was interesting. I think all of us locally realize that Dirk hasn't really had a personality change, he just seems to be letting more people see his real personality that we've seen for a long time.
To be honest, Simmons doesn't seem to know shit about Dirk. During that B.S. report he didn't know things that a lot of people know (like that Dirk loves tennis). Like you said, Dirk's personality didn't really change.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #2814
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

There are just certain times when I go to practice and it's over and I go off in a zone just watching him shoot. He'll always stay after and put up shots. He's got a routine he'll go through and he's just automatic. He'll move all over the floor and keep firing away. Once he's done, he starts working on the one-foot fade. It's just incredible to watch it.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #2815
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
There are just certain times when I go to practice and it's over and I go off in a zone just watching him shoot. He'll always stay after and put up shots. He's got a routine he'll go through and he's just automatic. He'll move all over the floor and keep firing away. Once he's done, he starts working on the one-foot fade. It's just incredible to watch it.
Always have appreciated his hard work and the time he puts in, but how long does one of these shooting routines last?

I went to go watch the Mavs vs Clips in LA and got there super early both times just to watch him shoot around. Here's a pic from April 2010

http://imgur.com/UxsBP

Last edited by 4Dirk1Nowitzki; 03-14-2012 at 05:44 PM.
4Dirk1Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #2816
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post
Always have appreciated his hard work and the time he puts in, but how long does one of these shooting routines last?

I went to go watch the Mavs vs Clips in LA and got there super early both times just to watch him shoot around. Here's a pic from April 2010

http://imgur.com/UxsBP
He's getting shots up up on the practice court before games. The shooting stretches after practice usually go anywhere from 15-30 minutes, just a variety of drills and shots.

He'll get work in before, during and after practice and of course usual return trips at night.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #2817
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
BG...this is great stuff. The average gay for dirk fan cannot get enough of other peoples and players opinions of his routine and his work ethic.

I've always wished I could go and get comments from his teammates about this. Stack, KVh, little Stevie, juwan Howard, etc.

Folks never realize what it takes to be truly great the amount of work required. I saw a YouTube of little Stevie Nash working out for about 15 invites or more. Just him and a ball and it was a constant work. No loafing, no slowing down..shoot fetch, shoot, fetch. I've heard that larry bird used to shoot 500fts everyday before school.

There is a reason tht the dirkster shoots so well. It's about practice, man.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #2818
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
BG...this is great stuff. The average gay for dirk fan cannot get enough of other peoples and players opinions of his routine and his work ethic.

I've always wished I could go and get comments from his teammates about this. Stack, KVh, little Stevie, juwan Howard, etc.

Folks never realize what it takes to be truly great the amount of work required. I saw a YouTube of little Stevie Nash working out for about 15 invites or more. Just him and a ball and it was a constant work. No loafing, no slowing down..shoot fetch, shoot, fetch. I've heard that larry bird used to shoot 500fts everyday before school.

There is a reason tht the dirkster shoots so well. It's about practice, man.
He definitely doesn't take any major breaks during those stretches. Terry Stotts will feed him the ball and Dirk will move all over the floor. The one-foot fade is just crazy. He'll do it over and over and over. It's second nature to him.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #2819
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

There are probably a lot of babies being born in Dallas this week. Ya feel me?

Some probably being named Dirk as well.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #2820
CadBane
Banned

Post All-Star break, Dirk is shooting 51% from deep.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #2821
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Post All-Star break, Dirk is shooting 51% from deep.
That's what she said?

Old 03-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #2822
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
I was just thinking this watching him during this Bobcat game. It's simply amazing, leaves you speechless how smooth and natural that shot has become.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #2823
Cabbage

Cabbage is on a distinguished road

Watching Dirks shootaround is simply amazing. This guy is automatic.
I have never been to NBA game in my life, but I had a great change to watch him play on Eurobasket 2011.

Here is little video of shootaround before the group stage game against Italy. I totally enjoyed watching and filming it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn6v02qmOfs
Old 03-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #2824
Firnen

Firnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really nice

let's help Dirk to beat Tom Landry in espn's Dallas most beloved challenge guys. Only one more day to vote and Dirk trails 48% to 52%
Firnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #2825
Underdog

Landry is legendary, but I always have to give the edge to players over coaches...

Old 03-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #2826
Firnen

Firnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Landry is legendary, but I always have to give the edge to players over coaches...
I know the people in the DFW area love football and the Cowboys and not much are interested in other big sports. But i don't know why... the Cowboys suck since the 90's. For example in the New York edition of this poll Jeremy Lin(!) got the most votes in the first round. Derek Jeter was the 1st seed (NY best Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth even didn't make the bracket)

Last edited by Firnen; 03-17-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #2827
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Voted on all 3 of my browsers.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #2828
Firnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
it's getting closer... Dirk trails 49% to 51%
Old 03-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #2829
Firnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
good idea
Old 03-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #2830
BGMaverick9
Guru

Dirk is Dirk, but one facet of Dirk's game is really killing teams right now. I'll have something up on Mavs Fast Break tomorrow discussing it.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-17-2012 at 11:30 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #2831
Underdog

Quote:
Dirk is Dirk, but one facet of Dirk's game is really killing teams right now. I'll have something up on Mavs Fast Break tomorrow discussing it.
His giant friggin' balls? Can't wait to read your story on that!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #2832
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Either the trailing 3 or his passing. I'm go with his passing.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:18 AM   #2833
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

As of now, Dirk is leading 51-49%.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #2834
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

There's something wrong about someone organizing a vot against Tom Landry. I think I'll skip this one and not vote at all.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #2835
Firnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
There's something wrong about someone organizing a vot against Tom Landry. I think I'll skip this one and not vote at all.
This is not about voting against Landry or any of these Cowboys but about voting for Dirk. Many guys on this board and even in the Mavs organisation complain about Dirk not getting the respect he deserves for the things he has done in his career. But he doesn't even get the respect he deserves in DALLAS.
He should win this vote by a blowout given what he has done for his team.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #2836
haCORErdMav

haCORErdMav has a spectacular aura abouthaCORErdMav has a spectacular aura about

So I'm curious, does anyone else think Dirk is going to go Ape-Shit in the playoffs? I had a premonition that he was once again going to have an epic run in the playoffs, not just for the championship this time but to re remove any doubts that he is the shit!

But yeah was trying to find a good pic for dirk along the lines of this here Obama pic
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...1t:429,r:0,s:0

Yeah Obama isn't in the same league as dirk but you get the general idea =)

Oh and like the Dirk Where amazing happens commercial plz tell me his best is yet to come.

excuse me lol im just having a school girl moment thats all
haCORErdMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #2837
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firnen View Post
This is not about voting against Landry or any of these Cowboys but about voting for Dirk. Many guys on this board and even in the Mavs organisation complain about Dirk not getting the respect he deserves for the things he has done in his career. But he doesn't even get the respect he deserves in DALLAS.
He should win this vote by a blowout given what he has done for his team.
You're picking between Dirk and Landry.. I cannot bring myself to vote agianst either.. it is a competition. A vote for one is a vot against the other. I cannot bring myself to do that.,
Old 03-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #2838
Firnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
You're picking between Dirk and Landry.. I cannot bring myself to vote agianst either.. it is a competition. A vote for one is a vot against the other. I cannot bring myself to do that.,
Well, I don't want people to vote for or against sth if they don't want to, but take a look at this:

Jeremy Lin (who has played 20 games as a starter for an average team) >23,000 votes will probably win the NY edition of this vote (maybe Jeter has a chance to win it)

Dirk Nowitzki ~ 3500 votes reigning Finals MVP, 11time allstar RS MVP maybe in TOP10 players alltime has difficulties getting out of the second round.

The fact that people in Dallas support 30 years-retired football guys more than the guy who actually won a chip last summer may gives me a hint why we weren't able to land some major FA in the past.

Last edited by Firnen; 03-18-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #2839
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firnen View Post
Well, I don't want people to vote for or against sth if they don't want to, but take a look at this:

Jeremy Lin (who has played 20 games as a starter for an average team) >23,000 votes will probably win the NY edition of this vote (maybe Jeter has a chance to win it)

Dirk Nowitzki ~ 3500 votes reigning Finals MVP, 11time allstar RS MVP maybe in TOP10 players alltime has difficulties getting out of the second round.

The fact that people in Dallas support 30 years-retired football guys more than the guy who actually won a chip last summer may gives me a hint why we weren't able to land some major FA in the past.
It's an abomination. It's the same crud that kept dirk from being voted onto the all-star team when the mavs hosted it. Dallas should be ashamed.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #2840
Murphy3
Guru

To call it an abomination is idiotic. We should hope that Dirk is remembered in such a way a little over 20 years after he retires.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer