Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I'd rather my guy win the Super Bowl if you've shown me the ability to constantly get to the NFC title game year after year after year, so on. You're not going to sell me on the fact McNabb would be better for this team vs Romo. Health and turnovers aren't going to shine McNabb in a good light. If you're getting there, you've gotta seal the deal...otherwise, it's a bust.

I can look at Delhomme's last playoff and suggest that wasn't a great performance in a big game. 15 out 35 for 196, 3 picks and 1 TD. I wouldn't say that's a good game at all. I would say he is an above average QB, with a STUD WR. I've gotta figure at least half of his TDs go to Smith. It's not hard to chuck it up and let a WR go get it.

Cutler has to at least get to the playoffs, this year is possible...then you can say he's just about the same as Romo. Do you like Cutler or not, your opinion or stance has changed in the coversation, "I'll take him over Romo in a heartbeat," "Cutler is just about the same as Romo." He hasn't had a steady running game in Denver, it's a revolving door, but he has legit WR options. Cutler has him on yards, but Romo has the better rating, percentage, less picks and one less touchdown.

Favre IS Favre, but he isn't impervious to mistakes, like I said, look at his last playoff game.
How is that changing when I said I still take Cutler in a heart beat????? No, Cutler does not have the same receiver and running back core like Romo. Teams can load up to take away the passing games because of the adsence of the running game. If the Cowboys roll out a piss poor running game all season long, you can best believe Romo stats are going to go way down. Cutler stats went down when all his running backs went down..

How about stop giving Romo all those excuses and call it like it is. You want to label these other QB according to there last games, but you refuse to do the same about Romo. How about label ALL of those QB's according to there playoff careers and success? Thats as fair as you can get...
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
How is that changing when I said I still take Cutler in a heart beat????? No, Cutler does not have the same receiver and running back core like Romo. Teams can load up to take away the passing games because of the adsence of the running game. If the Cowboys roll out a piss poor running game all season long, you can best believe Romo stats are going to go way down. Cutler stats went down when all his running backs went down..

How about stop giving Romo all those excuses and call it like it is. You want to label these other QB according to there last games, but you refuse to do the same about Romo. How about label ALL of those QB's according to there playoff careers and success? Thats as fair as you can get...
I've never said Romo is a God-Send and the greatest QB to walk on this planet. I've said he has his faults and issues, I've also said he basically has less than 3 years of work at the position and can still easily learn to adjust to the situation. I said he played poorly in the Steelers game, he had bad passes and some INTs. He does some great things and he does some pretty bad things as well.

Plus I never said Cutler had the same weapons as Romo, my words were that they are somewhat comparable. I did say it's a revolving door at the RB position, but it has shown to be effective, Cutler does have a role in it, but it's still shown some effectiveness. His WRs are pretty legit and they're young...but along with him, he's not totally consistent.

Romo is allowed to have more time, like I said...he's still pretty fresh to the situation as a whole. Comparing him to Favre and McNabb, guys who have been in there year after year, clearly Romo is going to look bad in that matchup.

I don't see how I'm being overly favorable to him. I just said I'm not sold that any of those guys are legit night and day differences to him. There is credit given to those QBs, but if it's not dramatic, stick with Romo and let him continue to learn.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-08-2008 at 07:55 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Are you being serious or joking? Silk, McNabb is the reason why TO doesn't have a ring. He choked more in the Superbowl than Romo has choked his whole career. Peyton okay. Brady? Okay. But those other guys...Delhomme has been horrible this season. Cutler has proved just about as much as Romo has in the post season and that's squat. Favre is Romo without avoiding the sack as good as Romo. Brees. I wouldn't take him over Romo but he's having a great season.
Here is what I posted to see if someone could counter this:

Here is the "Big Game" test:

Lets consider "Big Games" as winning time for the NFL. December, Jan and the playoffs. This is the time to get into the playoffs, the time that teams take it to the next level to win a SuperBowl? Right?!

Since we had a couple of posters to call me out on Romo:
1.Already gave my list of QB's who I would take over Romo with our current talent and the talent that Romo has had since a starter.(I may would add Eli,Warner and Hasselbeck to the list)
2. Romo is 4-7 as a starter in December and January
3. During December and Jan, Romo has thrown 14int to 11 Touchdowns, 2 fumbles
4. Romo sacked 25 times during this time as well
5. Should I post his playoff record? We all know he has won ZERO games there. (0-2)
6. Cowboys last winning record in Dec/Jan is about 12 yrs ago
7. During Romo time, he has played for the "Team to Beat"

Now, I welcome the objections to what I consider as Big Games...
Old 12-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Here is what I posted to see if someone could counter this:

Here is the "Big Game" test:

Lets consider "Big Games" as winning time for the NFL. December, Jan and the playoffs. This is the time to get into the playoffs, the time that teams take it to the next level to win a SuperBowl? Right?!

Since we had a couple of posters to call me out on Romo:
1.Already gave my list of QB's who I would take over Romo with our current talent and the talent that Romo has had since a starter.(I may would add Eli,Warner and Hasselbeck to the list)
2. Romo is 4-7 as a starter in December and January
3. During December and Jan, Romo has thrown 14int to 11 Touchdowns, 2 fumbles
4. Romo sacked 25 times during this time as well
5. Should I post his playoff record? We all know he has won ZERO games there. (0-2)
6. Cowboys last winning record in Dec/Jan is about 12 yrs ago
7. During Romo time, he has played for the "Team to Beat"

Now, I welcome the objections to what I consider as Big Games...
Well 1st off is Romo 4-7 or this team? And ask yourself is he the reason why we're 4-7 in December in January. And stats mean nothing. Simple proof is the Buffalo game last season. The stats looked horrible. But did Romo not win that game for us? So stats can say whatever you want them to. Who's fault is that Romo is sacked 25 times?

I just don't get fans in Dallas. Yea he's 0-2. But once again did he lose these games for us? Did he not have help in the 0-2 losses? Not to mention ITS ONLY TWO GAMES. Its such a small sample. Realistically what did you expect for Romo to do his rookie year? Or his 1st two years in the league? I just think expectations are ridiculous and that's amazing to me because we're just a couple years away from 5-11 seasons.

Quote:
(McNabb) Would you rather choke in the SuperBowl and get there OR "Choke" against Seattle in the 1st round?

Delhomme is a hell of a QB, his problem is his injuries, but in the "Big Games" he has proven to be at his best, Case in point his SuperBowl Appearance.

Yes, Cutler is just about the same as Romo, so that is why I say if Cutler was on the Cowboys I think he may do better.

Favre is no question better, I wont even go there, and you should not as well Romo does alot of things that Favre does, BUT Favre is a proven winner and SuperBowl winner in the playoffs.

I take Brees over Romo as well. Especially in this system and players. I take Brees in a heartbeat over Romo.
Romo the qb didn't choke in the Seattle game. I hate when people bring that up because Romo played well enough for this team to win. He fumbled the snap. He was a couple inches away from actually running that td in. So I think you're main problem with him is he can't hold field goal kicks lol. Not the qb.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Well 1st off is Romo 4-7 or this team? And ask yourself is he the reason why we're 4-7 in December in January. And stats mean nothing. Simple proof is the Buffalo game last season. The stats looked horrible. But did Romo not win that game for us? So stats can say whatever you want them to. Who's fault is that Romo is sacked 25 times?

I just don't get fans in Dallas. Yea he's 0-2. But once again did he lose these games for us? Did he not have help in the 0-2 losses? Not to mention ITS ONLY TWO GAMES. Its such a small sample. Realistically what did you expect for Romo to do his rookie year? Or his 1st two years in the league? I just think expectations are ridiculous and that's amazing to me because we're just a couple years away from 5-11 seasons.

Romo the qb didn't choke in the Seattle game. I hate when people bring that up because Romo played well enough for this team to win. He fumbled the snap. He was a couple inches away from actually running that td in. So I think you're main problem with him is he can't hold field goal kicks lol. Not the qb.
In the words of Parcell. You are what your record says you are
I understand your logic but what is the reason his sample size is so small. Can we not name several QB's that have been to the playoff one time with a sample game size of 5 games? Yes, and if they go twice, that means sample size can be 10 games. As long as a Romo lead team loses in the 1st rd his sample size will be small

Let me attack Romo on your last section. What kind of expectations SHOULD you have with a team built to win NOW, and is the "Team to beat in the NFC" both years in the playoffs? Can we expect at the very least one playoff win? Is that asking for too much?

Now, dont get me wrong, I expect more than one win during those two years in the playoffs as well.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-08-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #6
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
In the words of Parcell. You are what your record says you are
I understand your logic but what is the reason his sample size is so small. Can we not name several QB's that have been to the playoff one time with a sample game size of 5 games? Yes, and if they go twice, that means sample size can be 10 games. As long as a Romo lead team loses in the 1st rd his sample size will be small

Let me attack Romo on your last section. What kind of expectations SHOULD you have with a team built to win NOW, and is the "Team to beat in the NFC" both years in the playoffs? Can we expect at the very least one playoff win? Is that asking for too much?

Now, dont get me wrong, I expect more than one win during those two years in the playoffs as well.
I don't really know what to tell. Not too many qb's out there have playoff wins. Its not as easy as you make it seem. Honestly, I think this year if we get into the playoffs is when we should expect a win. Everyone isn't Ben Roethlisberger. Its rare for a rookie to even get in the post season. But by no means would I say the Steelers won a Super bowl because of Ben R.

BTW, your boy Delhomme is looking rather sharp tonight. lol
Old 12-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Silk... you are slacking off dude..... that last line should have had minimum 3 winkies I believe.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:46 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Your story has grown tiresome.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:30 AM   #9
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Youtube is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqRs6yBZtBE

I love videos like these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJTRXaVxE1w
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Co-sign Fin's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkSmoov
Let me back it up then because I can say the EXACT same for Romo. Deangelo and Choice had about the same total number of yards, so why did Romo not decide to just hand the ball off to Choice in the crunch rather than taking all those gambles in crunchtime? Thats on Romo, because he can make adjustments at the line of scrimmage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkSmoov
Yes, Delhomme made all the right plays in crunch time, rather it was passes to Smith or getting his RB's the ball. QB do make calls to make the right play for any situation. Delhomme made smart plays at the end and he make the right plays to get his RB's the ball to finish off the day. You had great coaching and QB decisions in the end. Both are very good professionals and they won....
Silk, you said you wanted Romo to hand the ball to Choice so he could win the game just like Stewart did for Delhomme and the Panthers. I pointed out that Choice was getting nowhere fast on any of his Q4/"Crunch Time" runs. We were up 13-3 to start the 4th and needed a prolonged possession to kill the clock, but we were getting 2 yards at best on Choice's runs. Where do we go if the run game is stalled? Doesn't get more "real" than that.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-09-2008 at 05:28 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #11
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Co-sign Fin's post.

Silk, you said you wanted Romo to hand the ball to Choice so he could win the game just like Stewart did for Delhomme and the Panthers. I pointed out that Choice was getting nowhere fast on any of his Q4/"Crunch Time" runs. We were up 13-3 to start the 4th and needed a prolonged possession to kill the clock, but we were getting 2 yards at best on Choice's runs. Where do we go if the run game is stalled? Doesn't get more "real" than that.
Have you ever played a sport? I am just wondering because I guess you dont understand games from a player or coach standpoint. COWBOYS were WINNING the GAME....Cant you understand that? Force Pitt to score on out defense that was doing a great job...We were WINNING...The pressure is on the Steelers...I am done on this, because you just want to make excuses for Romo. Not once do you even mention for Romo to just hit the open WR for short passes w/o INT...Common logic type stuff. All you want to worry about is Choice. How about Romo? Basically what you are saying is that all Romo could do being up 13-3 at the end of the game is throw INT for TD, because Choice was not getting large chunks of yards...

Here is Romo Here on this:

“I always felt like the quarterback’s job is to win games,” Favre said. “You can win games, you can lose games based on the way you play or your decisions. I’ve had my share of both; I’m going to go down swinging.”
Old 12-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #12
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have you ever played a sport? I am just wondering because I guess you dont understand games from a player or coach standpoint. COWBOYS were WINNING the GAME....Cant you understand that? Force Pitt to score on out defense that was doing a great job...We were WINNING...The pressure is on the Steelers...I am done on this, because you just want to make excuses for Romo. Not once do you even mention for Romo to just hit the open WR for short passes w/o INT...Common logic type stuff. All you want to worry about is Choice. How about Romo? Basically what you are saying is that all Romo could do being up 13-3 at the end of the game is throw INT for TD, because Choice was not getting large chunks of yards...
Hello?? I pointed out that we were winning 13-3. Twice. You seem to believe that Romo threw 17 points worth of interceptions-returned-for-touchdowns. And you missed my rebuttal point completely, which is that Romo did not have the luxury of handing the ball off to Choice. Are you even trying to argue coherently? I know you're used to getting ganged up on, but step 1 to dealing with that is NOT lumping everyone's arguments together. You might find that we agree on some stuff (ie, Romo was throwing like crap the whole game). There are complexities here which reject a black-and-white view of the argument. You called for running the ball FTW ala Delhomme, I called you on it with stats... You lost.

Oh, and leave your personal issues of rejection aside, overcompetitive flag football player guy. I have played sports, as if that had any bearing whatsoever on this discussion. I may not be 501 on sports, but this is 101 we're talking about here.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 12-10-2008, 12:46 AM   #13
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Hello?? I pointed out that we were winning 13-3. Twice. You seem to believe that Romo threw 17 points worth of interceptions-returned-for-touchdowns. And you missed my rebuttal point completely, which is that Romo did not have the luxury of handing the ball off to Choice. Are you even trying to argue coherently? I know you're used to getting ganged up on, but step 1 to dealing with that is NOT lumping everyone's arguments together. You might find that we agree on some stuff (ie, Romo was throwing like crap the whole game). There are complexities here which reject a black-and-white view of the argument. You called for running the ball FTW ala Delhomme, I called you on it with stats... You lost.

Oh, and leave your personal issues of rejection aside, overcompetitive flag football player guy. I have played sports, as if that had any bearing whatsoever on this discussion. I may not be 501 on sports, but this is 101 we're talking about here.
What stats did you show that proved your point? If you could have shown me that we were losing and we were getting nowhere on the ground and had to put it in the air, I could understand..

We dont agree and that is the problem. If you did indeed agree that Romo was throwing like crap all night long, then you could clearly see we were winning because of Choice and the defense......The reason the score was as close was because of crappy throwing Romo, and the clincher was the INT for a TD...Plain and simple. Anything else is just hear say...

Our defense played tough all night long. I was so proud of our defense. I was very much concerned that the lack of running game was going to force Romo into throwing every down, and that would lead to many problems because of 3 and out, and Romo INT.

As the game played out, our defense played great, with one mental lapse and Choice did a great job of running the ball. So, that leaves only one thing left? Romo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crappy throwing Romo throwing bad all day long, and topped it off with the INT for a TD. Which was the ball game..

Right after that, this is what we got:

Dallas Cowboys at 1:40, (1st play from scrimmage 1:35) DAL PIT
1st and 10 at DAL 18 (1:35) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short right to Roy E.Williams to DAL 28 for 10 yards (W.Gay, L.Timmons).
1st and 10 at DAL 28 (1:10) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to T.Choice. Coverage by #94 Timmons, Pressure by #56 Woodley.
2nd and 10 at DAL 28 (1:07) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short middle to T.Choice. Coverage by #51 Farrior, Pressure by #56 Woodley.
3rd and 10 at DAL 28 (1:00) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep left to T.Owens. Coverage by #24 Taylor and #25 Clark.
Timeout #1 by DAL at 00:55.
4th and 10 at DAL 28 (:55) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep right to J.Witten. Pressure by #92 Harrison.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-10-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #14
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
COWBOYS were WINNING the GAME....Cant you understand that? Force Pitt to score on out defense that was doing a great job...We were WINNING...The pressure is on the Steelers...
Your laziness in checking the facts before talking out your a$$ has -TWICE- forced me to look at the play-by-play of this painful game. I hate you for that.

Fourth Quarter
Pittsburgh Steelers possession stopped on 4th and Goal. 13-3 Dallas
4-1-DAL1 (12:26) G.Russell left guard to DAL 3 for -2 yards (B.James; K.Davis).
Dallas Cowboys at 12:20

Cowboys possession punt. 13-3 Dallas
1-10-DAL3 (12:20) T.Choice right guard to DAL 5 for 2 yards (Aa.Smith, R.Clark).
2-8-DAL5 (11:41) T.Romo pass short left to T.Owens to DAL 14 for 9 yards (J.Harrison; T.Polamalu).
1-10-DAL14 (10:58) T.Choice up the middle to DAL 14 for no gain (T.Polamalu, J.Farrior).
2-10-DAL14 (10:16) T.Romo pass short right to T.Choice to DAL 19 for 5 yards (B.McFadden, J.Farrior).
3-5-DAL19 (9:28) (Shotgun) T.Choice right guard to DAL 18 for -1 yards (T.Polamalu).
4-6-DAL18 (8:57) (Punt formation) S.Paulescu punts 42 yards to PIT 40, Center-L.Ladouceur. S.Holmes to DAL 25 for 35 yards (K.Burnett, K.Davis).
Pittsburgh Steelers at 08:42

That's 3 runs and 2 completed short passes out of 5 total plays, a combo you said you wanted- ala Delhomme. 4-5 plays were to Choice, like you wanted.

Pittsburgh Steelers possession leads to FG. 13-6 Dallas
4-8-DAL23 (7:20) (Field Goal formation) Je.Reed 41 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Retkofsky, Holder-M.Berger.
Je.Reed kicks 65 yards from PIT 30 to DAL 5, out of bounds.
Dallas Cowboys at 07:15

Dallas Cowboys possession punt. 13-6 Dallas
1-10-DAL40 (7:15) T.Choice right tackle to DAL 41 for 1 yard (L.Woodley).
2-9-DAL41 (6:35) T.Romo sacked at DAL 35 for -6 yards (T.Kirschke).
3-15-DAL35 (6:01) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to J.Witten to DAL 44 for 9 yards (D.Townsend, I.Taylor).
4-6-DAL44 (5:17) (Punt formation) S.Paulescu punts 23 yards to PIT 33, Center-L.Ladouceur, out of bounds.
Pittsburgh Steelers at 05:10

That's 1 run and 1 completed short pass out of 3 total plays, a combo you said you wanted- ala Delhomme. Bad sack... I don't know whose fault that is

Pittsburgh Steelers possession leads to TD. 13-13 WELCOME TO IGGLES LAND
1-6-DAL6 (2:10) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass short left to H.Miller for 6 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

------
So those two sequences ARE EXACTLY what Fin and I are trying to point out to you: we did what you called for and went from 10-point winners to Iggles-tied. No Romo-interceptions-returned-for-TDs. And yet, you expect that we would have won the game if we had only done that for one more possession!

Ball don't lie and it says "You lose."

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-09-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:33 AM   #15
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Your laziness in checking the facts before talking out your a$$ has -TWICE- forced me to look at the play-by-play of this painful game. I hate you for that.

Fourth Quarter
Pittsburgh Steelers possession stopped on 4th and Goal. 13-3 Dallas
4-1-DAL1 (12:26) G.Russell left guard to DAL 3 for -2 yards (B.James; K.Davis).
Dallas Cowboys at 12:20

Cowboys possession punt. 13-3 Dallas
1-10-DAL3 (12:20) T.Choice right guard to DAL 5 for 2 yards (Aa.Smith, R.Clark).
2-8-DAL5 (11:41) T.Romo pass short left to T.Owens to DAL 14 for 9 yards (J.Harrison; T.Polamalu).
1-10-DAL14 (10:58) T.Choice up the middle to DAL 14 for no gain (T.Polamalu, J.Farrior).
2-10-DAL14 (10:16) T.Romo pass short right to T.Choice to DAL 19 for 5 yards (B.McFadden, J.Farrior).
3-5-DAL19 (9:28) (Shotgun) T.Choice right guard to DAL 18 for -1 yards (T.Polamalu).
4-6-DAL18 (8:57) (Punt formation) S.Paulescu punts 42 yards to PIT 40, Center-L.Ladouceur. S.Holmes to DAL 25 for 35 yards (K.Burnett, K.Davis).
Pittsburgh Steelers at 08:42

That's 3 runs and 2 completed short passes out of 5 total plays, a combo you said you wanted- ala Delhomme. 4-5 plays were to Choice, like you wanted.

Pittsburgh Steelers possession leads to FG. 13-6 Dallas
4-8-DAL23 (7:20) (Field Goal formation) Je.Reed 41 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Retkofsky, Holder-M.Berger.
Je.Reed kicks 65 yards from PIT 30 to DAL 5, out of bounds.
Dallas Cowboys at 07:15

Dallas Cowboys possession punt. 13-6 Dallas
1-10-DAL40 (7:15) T.Choice right tackle to DAL 41 for 1 yard (L.Woodley).
2-9-DAL41 (6:35) T.Romo sacked at DAL 35 for -6 yards (T.Kirschke).
3-15-DAL35 (6:01) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to J.Witten to DAL 44 for 9 yards (D.Townsend, I.Taylor).
4-6-DAL44 (5:17) (Punt formation) S.Paulescu punts 23 yards to PIT 33, Center-L.Ladouceur, out of bounds.
Pittsburgh Steelers at 05:10

That's 1 run and 1 completed short pass out of 3 total plays, a combo you said you wanted- ala Delhomme. Bad sack... I don't know whose fault that is

Pittsburgh Steelers possession leads to TD. 13-13 WELCOME TO IGGLES LAND
1-6-DAL6 (2:10) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass short left to H.Miller for 6 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

------
So those two sequences ARE EXACTLY what Fin and I are trying to point out to you: we did what you called for and went from 10-point winners to Iggles-tied. No Romo-interceptions-returned-for-TDs. And yet, you expect that we would have won the game if we had only done that for one more possession!

Ball don't lie and it says "You lose."
I am still waiting for you to continue on til the Romo INT for TD? Why is it that you dont want to put that series on here.

Dallas Cowboys at 2:04, (1st play from scrimmage 1:58) DAL PIT
1st and 10 at DAL 15 (1:58) (Shotgun) T.Choice up the middle to DAL 17 for 2 yards (J.Farrior, T.Kirschke).
Timeout #1 by PIT at 01:51.
2nd and 8 at DAL 17 (1:51) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short middle intended for J.Witten INTERCEPTED by D.Townsend at DAL 25. D.Townsend for 25 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 13 13

Lets start and end right there in the Bold above. On 2nd down this is what happened!!!!!!!

Now to top this all off, since you dont want to post this:

Dallas Cowboys at 1:40, (1st play from scrimmage 1:35) DAL PIT
1st and 10 at DAL 18 (1:35) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short right to Roy E.Williams to DAL 28 for 10 yards (W.Gay, L.Timmons).
1st and 10 at DAL 28 (1:10) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to T.Choice. Coverage by #94 Timmons, Pressure by #56 Woodley.
2nd and 10 at DAL 28 (1:07) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short middle to T.Choice. Coverage by #51 Farrior, Pressure by #56 Woodley.
3rd and 10 at DAL 28 (1:00) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep left to T.Owens. Coverage by #24 Taylor and #25 Clark.
Timeout #1 by DAL at 00:55.
4th and 10 at DAL 28 (:55) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep right to J.Witten. Pressure by #92 Harrison.

One thing is for sure. You are right!!! Ball don't lie and it says "You lose."

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-10-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #16
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
What stats did you show that proved your point? If you could have shown me that we were losing and we were getting nowhere on the ground and had to put it in the air, I could understand..

We dont agree and that is the problem. If you did indeed agree that Romo was throwing like crap all night long, then you could clearly see we were winning because of Choice and the defense......The reason the score was as close was because of crappy throwing Romo, and the clincher was the INT for a TD...Plain and simple. Anything else is just hear say...
Silk, do you even know what we're talking about anymore? What was your point with posting the last two series of the game? Did you post it for the sake of posting? Please try explaining how those two series support your points.

As for this bewildering post, I first showed you the stat that EVERY Q4 run by Choice was 2 yards or less (not gonna net a first down). I then showed you the stat that while we lost the lead, Romo had no incomplete passes, 3 completed short passes, and 4 runs that went nowhere. That got us 2 punts and 10 Pittsburgh points. No hearsay...just a play-by-play transcript. Ball don't lie.

My theory is that all you want to talk about is the interception. It has consumed you mind, body and soul. While very sad, I too wish it hadn't happened. So I can empathize with your insane obsession. But your complaint/solution is "Why couldn't Romo have just managed the game like Delhomme did... hand the ball to Choice or worst case make short throws."

Fin and I repeatedly pointed out that, well, that's exactly what Romo did for the first two possessions of the Fourth Quarter. The result sucked. Worse than "losing" at the time we tried your solution, WE WERE WINNING. We pissed away the lead by flawlessly doing exactly what you called for. Hooray.

To summarize for you, my point is "your solution sucks because we tried it in game and we lost the lead." No, no no: nothing about Romo being the king of chokers vs. the king of kings. Just "your solution sucks."

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-10-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #17
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Silk, can you name which quarterback gives us the best chance of wining a title in the future as of right now?
Old 12-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #18
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Really...?

We're still on this? If we're still going in circles by Sunday, someone needs a timeout.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:06 PM   #19
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Really...?

We're still on this? If we're still going in circles by Sunday, someone needs a timeout.
Sorry, I'll go to the corner. I think I just hate studying for these finals and would rather do something more unproductive.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #20
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Sorry, I'll go to the corner. I think I just hate studying for these finals and would rather do something more unproductive.
You get a pass.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:19 AM   #21
BGMaverick9
Guru

I'm sorry I missed it...what is he again?
Old 12-10-2008, 01:47 AM   #22
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I still think you are holding him to really high standards with this MJ comparison. You are talking about the GOAT here.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:53 AM   #23
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360° View Post
I still think you are holding him to really high standards with this MJ comparison. You are talking about the GOAT here.
Yeah, but Air Jordan was not GOAT......I am trying to show you an example of a great players evolving to win....Do you remember Air Jordan? If you do, then you remember that people talked about him like a dog. Other than the fans, every media outlet and personalities talked about him that he would NEVER win a title. They said he was NOT a team player and that he could never be the GOAT..

I gave Air Jordan an excuse, because the Bulls had surrounding him, so he had to be Air Jordan....

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-10-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #24
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, but Air Jordan was not GOAT......I am trying to show you an example of a great players evolving to win....Do you remember Air Jordan? If you do, then you remember that people talked about him like a dog. Other than the fans, every media outlet and personalities talked about him that he would NEVER win a title. They said he was NOT a team player and that he could never be the GOAT..

I gave Air Jordan an excuse, because the Bulls had surrounding him, so he had to be Air Jordan....
What does any of this rambling have to do with Tony Romo???

Unlike basketball, it takes an entire team to win in football (Romo ain't passing to himself!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-10-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #25
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What does any of this rambling have to do with Tony Romo???

Unlike basketball, it takes an entire team to win in football (Romo ain't passing to himself!)
You have failed to keep up, so I would figure you dont know what I am talking about. Lastly, it takes an ENTIRE team to win in basketball as well. Case in point last nights game against the Spurs.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #26
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Romo still the man to bring Dallas Cowboys a playoff payoff
by Jean-Jacques Taylor

link

IRVING – Tony Romo played an awful game against Pittsburgh. No one disputes that.

He's flawed just like every NFL quarterback not named Tom Brady.

But the best chance the Cowboys have to ever win another playoff game – it's 11 seasons and counting – let alone a Super Bowl, is with Romo at quarterback. If you can't figure that out, then we probably need to revoke your NFL Fan Club card.

Seriously, given his age and ability, who would you trade the 28-year-old Romo for in today's NFL?

Do you want Brady, who'll be coming off a serious knee injury next season? What about 32-year-old Peyton Manning, who passed for 125 yards and two interceptions against that vaunted Cleveland defense two weeks ago?

Still, I won't argue if you want to make a deal for either one of those guys.

Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger have Super Bowl rings, but let's not act like either one of them led their respective teams to titles. Those teams were built around defense and running the ball.

For the most part, Manning and Roethlisberger each did a masterful job of managing the game. That's it.

I'll pass on them.

Drew Brees has been to the NFC Championship Game, and Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan have potential but nothing more. You might as well keep Romo.

Now do you understand why I consistently write Romo ranks among the game's top five quarterbacks?

More important, I can't forget the quarterback play that ranged from abject to average during the 86 games between the end of Troy Aikman's reign and the start of Romo's.

Anthony Wright. Clint Stoerner. Ryan Leaf. Quincy Carter. Drew Henson. Chad Hutchinson. Vinny Testaverde. Drew Bledsoe.

No wonder the Cowboys went 38-48 during that span.

Heck, we just finished watching three weeks of Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger last month. Rumor has it, T.O. and Jason Witten still wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

Winning is a process. It takes time, whether you want to deal with that reality or not. You can't rush it.

Romo will make just his 37th regular-season start Sunday night against the Giants. He's still maturing, evolving and learning how to control his impulse to gamble.

That said, I bet you weren't asking him to play it safe against Pittsburgh when he spent 10 seconds eluding the pass rush before throwing a perfect pass off his back foot to T.O., who was blanketed by a defender in the back of the end zone but managed to catch the pass, giving Dallas a 10-3 lead.

Nope, you were jumping off your couch, spilling your beer and marveling at Romo's athleticism.

That's the problem. You can't put restraints on Romo.

His creativity and ability to make big plays out of chaos is what makes him special. Otherwise, he's just another good athlete from Burlington, Wis.

You know what they say, "The same thing that makes you laugh will make you cry."

None of this means we should ignore Romo's 4-6 record in December. Or his 0-2 record as a playoff starter.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't demand a season-saving performance against New York, but it doesn't mean he's a bum if he doesn't deliver one.

Don't misunderstand, you have every right to hold Romo to the highest of standards. I do.

His contract and performance the last two seasons demands it. So does the legacy of Cowboys quarterbacks.

Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman have set the bar Hall of Fame high, and as much as Danny White gets dissed, he followed a legend and took the Cowboys to three NFC Championship Games.

He deserves your respect.

Romo's cocky with a tinge of arrogance – all of the good ones are – which is why he doesn't fear success. You never get the feeling pressure bothers him. That's why he'll ultimately win games in the postseason.

Just wait, maybe longer than you want, but you'll see.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #27
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Romo still the man to bring Dallas Cowboys a playoff payoff
by Jean-Jacques Taylor

link

IRVING – Tony Romo played an awful game against Pittsburgh. No one disputes that.

He's flawed just like every NFL quarterback not named Tom Brady.

But the best chance the Cowboys have to ever win another playoff game – it's 11 seasons and counting – let alone a Super Bowl, is with Romo at quarterback. If you can't figure that out, then we probably need to revoke your NFL Fan Club card.

Seriously, given his age and ability, who would you trade the 28-year-old Romo for in today's NFL?

Do you want Brady, who'll be coming off a serious knee injury next season? What about 32-year-old Peyton Manning, who passed for 125 yards and two interceptions against that vaunted Cleveland defense two weeks ago?

Still, I won't argue if you want to make a deal for either one of those guys.

Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger have Super Bowl rings, but let's not act like either one of them led their respective teams to titles. Those teams were built around defense and running the ball.

For the most part, Manning and Roethlisberger each did a masterful job of managing the game. That's it.

I'll pass on them.

Drew Brees has been to the NFC Championship Game, and Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan have potential but nothing more. You might as well keep Romo.

Now do you understand why I consistently write Romo ranks among the game's top five quarterbacks?

More important, I can't forget the quarterback play that ranged from abject to average during the 86 games between the end of Troy Aikman's reign and the start of Romo's.

Anthony Wright. Clint Stoerner. Ryan Leaf. Quincy Carter. Drew Henson. Chad Hutchinson. Vinny Testaverde. Drew Bledsoe.

No wonder the Cowboys went 38-48 during that span.

Heck, we just finished watching three weeks of Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger last month. Rumor has it, T.O. and Jason Witten still wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

Winning is a process. It takes time, whether you want to deal with that reality or not. You can't rush it.

Romo will make just his 37th regular-season start Sunday night against the Giants. He's still maturing, evolving and learning how to control his impulse to gamble.

That said, I bet you weren't asking him to play it safe against Pittsburgh when he spent 10 seconds eluding the pass rush before throwing a perfect pass off his back foot to T.O., who was blanketed by a defender in the back of the end zone but managed to catch the pass, giving Dallas a 10-3 lead.

Nope, you were jumping off your couch, spilling your beer and marveling at Romo's athleticism.

That's the problem. You can't put restraints on Romo.

His creativity and ability to make big plays out of chaos is what makes him special. Otherwise, he's just another good athlete from Burlington, Wis.

You know what they say, "The same thing that makes you laugh will make you cry."

None of this means we should ignore Romo's 4-6 record in December. Or his 0-2 record as a playoff starter.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't demand a season-saving performance against New York, but it doesn't mean he's a bum if he doesn't deliver one.

Don't misunderstand, you have every right to hold Romo to the highest of standards. I do.

His contract and performance the last two seasons demands it. So does the legacy of Cowboys quarterbacks.
Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman have set the bar Hall of Fame high, and as much as Danny White gets dissed, he followed a legend and took the Cowboys to three NFC Championship Games.

He deserves your respect.

Romo's cocky with a tinge of arrogance – all of the good ones are – which is why he doesn't fear success. You never get the feeling pressure bothers him. That's why he'll ultimately win games in the postseason.

Just wait, maybe longer than you want, but you'll see.
WOW!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! So, I wonder what screen name Jean is on this message board. That article seems like it was directly taken from this thread...
Old 12-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #28
Underdog

Quote:
WOW!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! So, I wonder what screen name Jean is on this message board. That article seems like it was directly taken from this thread...
No, douche - it's just common sense (everybody can see it but you...)

Old 12-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #29
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
No, douche - it's just common sense (everybody can see it but you...)
Shit-face, Tell me what you think about Romo? Tell me also what you think about Romo having a losing record in December and never winning a playoff game? If you were given a wish right now about getting any 3 QB for the Cowboys, who would you chose and why?
Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #30
Underdog

Quote:
Shit-face, Tell me what you think about Romo? Tell me also what you think about Romo having a losing record in December and never winning a playoff game? If you were given a wish right now about getting any 3 QB for the Cowboys, who would you chose and why?
I thought you said you were done EXPLAINING your point...

I told you not to set yourself up for hypocrisy...

(and you can answer your questions by going back and reading what I've already typed on the subject - I'm not repeating myself for your convenience...)

Old 12-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #31
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

oh mygot! newspaper agree with every1 on d-m.com, wut do i do? must be conspiracy. must be sum1 steal from d-m.com to embarass me.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 12-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #32
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa, I didn't realize he got hurt that badly. That's going to be a major blow to the secondary.

Funny you mention that about the Steelers trying to hurt him. I'm dead positive I heard the mic pick up on of the Steelers essentially screaming at Pac-Man that they were going injure him after one of the punt returns.

I hate to see it for Pac-Man. Not that he deserved to play in the NFL just for this reason, but I think football is the only thing that can keep him out of trouble. If that's out of his life, what's going to happen to the guy?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #33
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Whoa, I didn't realize he got hurt that badly. That's going to be a major blow to the secondary.

Funny you mention that about the Steelers trying to hurt him. I'm dead positive I heard the mic pick up on of the Steelers essentially screaming at Pac-Man that they were going injure him after one of the punt returns.

I hate to see it for Pac-Man. Not that he deserved to play in the NFL just for this reason, but I think football is the only thing that can keep him out of trouble. If that's out of his life, what's going to happen to the guy?
I heard it as well. It was on a play where I think he ran out of bounds or something. I forget but you could hear them better than ever talk about hurting him. And that play where they just threw him out of the pile I think is where he got hurt at. That was incredible. The play was over and they're sitting there killing the guy. I love tough physical football but they weren't literally trying to end his season. I'd hope there's some tape of this because it was almost on part with that sick Haynesworth incident.

I hope this isn't it for Pac-Man. Not because he's been solid for us in coverage but like you said if he doesn't have this what else is there for him? I sort of assumed he'd throw his career but not by some freak injury.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #34
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Quote:
I heard it as well. It was on a play where I think he ran out of bounds or something. I forget but you could hear them better than ever talk about hurting him. And that play where they just threw him out of the pile I think is where he got hurt at. That was incredible. The play was over and they're sitting there killing the guy. I love tough physical football but they weren't literally trying to end his season. I'd hope there's some tape of this because it was almost on part with that sick Haynesworth incident.

I hope this isn't it for Pac-Man. Not because he's been solid for us in coverage but like you said if he doesn't have this what else is there for him? I sort of assumed he'd throw his career but not by some freak injury.
Yea I definitiley heard "We're going to hurt you, Pac" after that kick return.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #35
Underdog

Well, time for T.O. to get hurt - why be the only guy on the roster who hasn't suffered an injury this season?

(might as well shoot himself in the leg like Plax and get it over with...)

Bitch of a season...

Old 12-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #36
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #37
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Is that hairy thing in front of him a mic?
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #38
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Fudgesicles. Who the heck are our safeties now? We can't really rotate Henry over if Pacman's out.

LOL @ TO. I guess he's saying he should lead the team sleigh?

EDIT: This article sets out some of our safety depth issues, but is written with the assumption that Pacman is our second corner opposite Newman. Ugh, looks like Tra Battle is the next in line?? If Jenkins and Scandrick are able to go, maybe we can put Henry at free safety and go with Courtney Brown at SS? Blah.

Quote:
Cowboys Dabbling With CB Henry Playing At Safety
Cowboys Dabbling With CB Henry Playing At Safety

IRVING, Texas - It's a move many Cowboys fans have been asking for since this summer and earlier. With all this newfound depth at cornerback, some figured the Cowboys could better use Anthony Henry at safety.

The 32-year-old played free safety his first three years in college at South Florida before moving to cornerback, his primary position these last eight seasons in the NFL. Only Sunday did the Cowboys begin to use Henry as a safety, the 6-1, 207-pounder sliding back in nickel and dime situations opposite free safety Ken

Hamlin, and staying at right cornerback in the base defense.

With season-ending injuries to Roy Williams and Pat Watkins hurting the position's depth, and the return of Adam "Pacman" Jones creating more options at cornerback, the Cowboys decided they could maximize their talent by playing their top four corners at once, even if the Steelers only used three wide receivers.

For the most part, Henry seemed to fit in OK.

Coach Wade Phillips complimented the play of Keith Davis in the base defense, particularly his presence against the run. When Davis left the field with a knee injury shortly before halftime the Cowboys replaced him with first-year safety Tra Battle. Davis returned for the second half, but wore a heavy wrap on the knee and limped badly Monday. He was also scheduled to have an MRI, making his status for Sunday uncertain.

It appears Henry will keep the safety job on sub-packages, but for now at least, Phillips seems to think moving Henry to safety full-time creates more problems than it solves.

"You really have to change things around to put Henry in at strong safety on first and second downs because he's not a strong safety, he's a free safety," Phillips said. "And we've got a free safety in Hamlin, who could play strong safety, but now you're changing two guys at two positions and so forth.

"And we're playing pretty well with our regular group, so it's something we probably wouldn't do far as changing the strong safety and free safety positions. Unless the need comes . . . during the game we told him, 'You're the next guy, so you better be ready.'"

So barring injury, it appears any lasting move to safety for Henry will have to wait until the off-season.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-10-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #39
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Fudgesicles. Who the heck are our safeties now? We can't really rotate Henry over if Pacman's out.

EDIT: This article sets out some of our safety depth issues, but is written with the assumption that Pacman is our second corner opposite Newman. Ugh, looks like Tra Battle is the next in line?? If Jenkins and Scandrick are able to go, maybe we can put Henry at free safety and go with Courtney Brown at SS? Blah.
It sounds like Hamlin is hurt now too. If he misses the game our secondary will have pretty much withered away into nothingness. Seriously, will these injuries every stop?

As bad as our corner situation is, we still may have no choice about whether to play Henry at safety.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-10-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #40
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
TO is really smart. I didn't even think of that!

What a strong, subtle (but not really) statement.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ass hattery, creditxpert2003, douchebaggery, ed werder hates t.o., homo raters, romo haters, romo homers, to + witten = <3