Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-28-2004, 12:35 AM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default question for you all

Okay, so I'm wondering...this segment of the board is dedicated to trade and draft scenarios, and there is certainly no shortage of wild-ass trades bandied about here for discussion. But...I wasn't on d-m.com last offseason when NVE and Raef were dealt, but I'm guessing that those were trades that the members here did not see coming. I'm guessing that most of the recent Mavs trades were deals that no one saw coming. And so I'm wondering...

Surely the Mavs will make some moves this offseason. What are the chances that a move they make will have been already discussed here? I'm putting it at about 20%. I think that this board isn't thinking "outside the box" quite enough. I'm thinking that Nellie has cards up his sleeve that we can't even imagine. I'm thinking that we need to get a little more creative in our wild-ass scenarios! Think shocking, think radical, think over-the-top...

What is the craziest, but most beneficial, move you can think of?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2004, 12:43 AM   #2
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road
Default RE:question for you all

Quote:
What is the craziest, but most beneficial, move you can think of?
that does not involve Shaq?

I still got a feeling we are going to trade for the #1 pick....think about it the Nellie has never made a big splash with the Mavs in the draft, other than Dirk, but I think we are due.......it would involve a blockbuster trade and bringing of a post player........

I dont know about yall but the box I am in is pretty darn big...I cant find the outside [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 01:06 AM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: question for you all

chumdawg, at this time last year, we didn't have this trade section because there wasn't too many trade threads(then all of a sudden, people started posting a lot of trade ideas). We had an infamous thread about the idea of Walker on this team, and somebody thought of a NVE/Jamison trade.

The percentage of a trade from this board happening is much much lower than 20% because some trades don't have a lot of thought, and people over/under value certain players.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:24 AM   #4
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I agree with you, Chum. For the most part, most of the things thrown out by "arm-chair GMs" won't ever happen. But there are some posters here who have a solid grasp of the cap and values of players. Those are the ones I pay most attention to.

I do think there is a good chance that Maverick fans will be surprised at some of the things that happen this summer. We'll see...
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:28 AM   #5
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I have a weird feeling Cuban may try to sell the farm to get Yao.

I know that's crazy.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:06 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering if Philly might be a potential trading partner in a blockbuster deal. Love that Dalembert kid...

Interesting to think what it might take to get Yao...

Waiting to be entertained this offseason!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:30 PM   #7
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Yao isn't going anywhere. They are dedicated to building the franchise around him. If he is traded, some team is going to have to unload a whole lot of valuable players.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 04:07 PM   #8
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

I think we need to examine some of Nellie's moves made when bringing the warriors up to the elite level he had them in before his unfortunate departure. He moved a star 2 guard (albeit somewhat 1 dimentional) Richmond for Billy Owens. He moved up in the draft to get Webber with the A. Hardaway trade. He later moved owens away to Miami for the big man everyone said they needed at the time. I think this is a make-it or break it period with the mavs. We all agree that the mavs may be in the best position to make moves to acquire new key pieces. Nellie's and Donn's pick up of Howard and Daniels was huge last year. I really feel Finley is going to be moved ala the Richmond move for a solid piece. GS at that time was deep in the 2 guard spot with Spree. Finley or Jamison or maybe both I believe will be moved. Personally I'd hate to see Jamison go and I agree with most of you that he is a piece worthy of keeping. Given Nellie's thought process I think he works to bring in Elton Brand. Bad news is, I think to pull off this one the Clips are going to want one of the rookies, Howard or Daniels. I believe they settle with J. Howard and Walker (Because of the contract year) for Brand and Wilcox; the vast majority should be convinced that Daniels is the real deal, but most aren't. D. Howard's their new future better clear out some space for him. This move leaves Finley available or even a Jaimison Finley package for another pick-up. Look then for Nells to move Bradley, Jaimison, and Fortson somewhere like Utah for their 21st pick drafting Peja Samardziski, Ostertag, Gugliotta and Raja Bell. Best and Wahad may be involved is some package deal with Finley. This still leaves the late 2nd rounder to draft a back up PG.

New Starting line-up:
Nash
Daniels
Nowitzki
Brand
Ostertag

Bench: Finley (if you keep) Wilcox, Gugliotta, Bell, Najera, Williams, Samardziski
Much deeper team.

Old 05-30-2004, 04:16 PM   #9
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

and dirk?
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote