Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-19-2003, 01:25 AM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Poll: Pick your Favorite Mavs Dancer

Select your favorite Mav Dancer. I'll leave this up a couple of Weeks and then we can have a runoff on the top 5.

Jasmin

Justine

Jenni

Diana

Melody

Nicole

DeLeah

Delmar

Jennifer H.

Keshia

Cerissa

Amy Jo

Jennifer N.

Dawn

Trisha

Mallory

Lindsay

Amber

Jamie
Old 11-19-2003, 10:00 AM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Poll: Pick your Favorite Mavs Dancer

The nice thing is that I really don't think that there are any bad choices, that may make it harder to make a favorite choice though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 10:24 AM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Poll: Pick your Favorite Mavs Dancer

had to go with justine.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:49 AM   #4
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I went with:

But I almost went with:

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 10:59 AM   #5
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Greatest poll ever
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:06 AM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I will delete my cookies and vote over and over for all of them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2003, 05:48 PM   #7
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

I'm sorry, but Mavs Dancers are against my moral standards

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 05:54 PM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

You really don't have much here for some of us to base a vote upon. Maybe you could list their hobbies, volunteer activities, talents and/or education, so that we have something to help us make a determination.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 06:01 PM   #9
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: smile_at_me10
You really don't have much here for some of us to base a vote upon. Maybe you could list their hobbies, volunteer activities, talents and/or education, so that we have something to help us make a determination.

If you're lucky, they might know their cup size.
That's about as much as these boys care about.

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-19-2003, 06:05 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

Quote:

Sorry Smiles I forgot to include a link to the Mav Dancers homepage. Click on each Dancer's individual picture to the a brief bio. For example, my choice Diana was has an undergrad degree in Evolutionary Biology From Princeton and is a 4.0 GPA MBA student at UTD.

Mav Dancers homepage
Old 11-19-2003, 06:08 PM   #11
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
Quote:

If you're lucky, they might know their cup size.
That's about as much as these boys care about.
Ah! I thought for sure our boys would know a little something more! To think that a cup size can win you affection and admiration. To think! All this time, I've been focusing in all the wrong areas of personal development. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 06:13 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

on the Mavs Dancers site does it tell us whether or not they were are still are strippers?.....I just get that "hey I'll show what you want to see for a couple bucks" vibe from most of these girls....I'm not complaining....but still not my taste in a lady.....

by the by.....
LRB THIS IS YOUR GREATEST MOVE YET![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:32 PM   #13
Objective J

Objective J is on a distinguished road

Diana is actually a really nice person. She used to serve me and my co-workers on a regular basis.

Oh sorry, I meant serve us at a restaurant in North Plano. I was shocked when she mentioned Princeton.
Objective J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:35 PM   #14
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Objective J
Diana is actually a really nice person. She used to serve me and my co-workers on a regular basis.

Oh sorry, I meant serve us at a restaurant in North Plano. I was shocked when she mentioned Princeton.
See Veruca it's not all about cup size. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

And the fact that she was listed as a level 10 gymnast has no bearing on the matter. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 06:38 PM   #15
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

I'm shocked that anyone would think it's all about cup size. there are plenty of other things I look at. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

btw: I voted for Amber who is studying business at UNT.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:42 PM   #16
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

My favorites are not listed.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:44 PM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hey now, veruca. don't judge! i voted for justine because she's a teacher. kids need guidance.

so what if she just teaches dance... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 06:47 PM   #18
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

damn, i was looking at their close-up pictures, and some of them look pretty young...

also, based on the closeup pictures, i would vote for deleah and jennifer h. as well.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:51 PM   #19
Smiles
Diamond Member

We're getting there!

I heard one of them had two masters degrees (maybe she was from some year past?)...
Old 11-19-2003, 06:52 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
My favorites are not listed.

OK U2 who's your favorite or favorites?
Old 11-19-2003, 06:59 PM   #21
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

My two little girls. They try to copy the dancers when they actually show them on the broadcasts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Their Bio's:

Oldest daughter: Very intelligent, likes tap dance and riding her bicycle. She is aspiring to be anything from a Dr. to a mommy, depending on when you ask her.

Youngest daughter: Tom-boy little girl, loves to shoot hoops in the backyard and eating anything that has sugar in it. She is aspiring to be an Alligator (don't ask, those are her words exactly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]).
Old 11-19-2003, 07:01 PM   #22
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB

See Veruca it's not all about cup size. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
No, it's about picking and choosing your sins isn't , because I'm no theologian, but last time i checked, lust was a sin. And on the whole matter of scantily clad women......

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-19-2003, 07:25 PM   #23
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:

No, it's about picking and choosing your sins isn't , because I'm no theologian, but last time i checked, lust was a sin. And on the whole matter of scantily clad women......

Well Lust certainly is a sin, and most people do pick and choose their sins, well at least the nonperfect people. And contrary to popular belief, I'm not perfect. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

However lust wasn't exactly my mind. It's not the which Mavs dancer would you like to have sex with. It's just pick your favorite. Sort of like a beauty pagent. Now I'm sure some posters have had lust primarily on their mind as do a lot of people who view beauty pagents. But can't we enjoy looking at an attractive person. And some of the dancers do have some interesting tidibits of information about their personal lives. Maybe, just maybe someone migh want to get to know them as a person.

I guess to be fair I could search for bictures of ugly dancers and post them. We could have an ugly contest. Maybe next time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 07:35 PM   #24
veruca salt
Platinum Member

It's not about ugly or good looking LRB.
It's about posting pictures of scantly clad women.
You go on and on about YOUR moral standards, but did
you ever think that half naked women would be in opposition
to anyone elses moral standards.
Probably not. I doubt you care either.

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-19-2003, 07:39 PM   #25
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:

I was sorta thinking the same thing.

CAN I SAY [the F-word] IN THIS THREAD? (I had the word spelled out, but couldn't bear to post it when I thought about the sweet bio's U2 posted for his lovely dancers. [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img] )

The double standard makes me kind of mad sometimes. I'm not allowed to write whatever I blank well please, but those who are offended by such speech have no second thoughts about openly lusting.

(Not that I'm calling you a luster, LRB. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

U2, it's a hard pick between your girls. I'm delighted over the youngest one who wants to be an alligator. There's a lot to be admired about that kind of thinking-outside-the-box! [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img] I'd like to be a sea turtle, so she and I have a little something in common. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 07:46 PM   #26
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Your little girls do sound adorable U2.
but please promise me you won't ever let them dress like that
in public?
I'd cry if my little girl ever told me that she wanted to gyrate half naked on
a basketball court while men drool at the thought of her.
I want more for her than that.

Oh, and for the record, she wants to be a Powerpuff Girl when she grows up.

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-19-2003, 08:08 PM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Yes, keep your daughters away of this stuff.

Meanwhile let's (we, men) enjoy, I mean, contemplete those who currently misled the path of grace, after all cause they deserve to continue their fragil and -maybe- not chosen destiny, and our eyes are things without any power to control the wild will endowed by nature.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Btw, I see almost totally naked women in normal-familiar TV shows or movies in any time of the day. I could say, comparing, that the dancers are almost full dressed. Worse: many cartoons show the female characters very, very hot.

Old 11-19-2003, 08:20 PM   #28
LRB
Guru

Quote:
It's not about ugly or good looking LRB.
It's about posting pictures of scantly clad women.
You go on and on about YOUR moral standards, but did
you ever think that half naked women would be in opposition
to anyone elses moral standards.
Probably not. I doubt you care either.
Well, I actually I do care.

But I don't see this as a total sex explotation. I'm sorry if you do and it offends you. But quite honestly, I was surfing around last night and saw this site with the dancers and some limited bio info and thought that this would be a fun diversion. I mean these women do dance, it's not just looking good, although they are all definitely attractive. And their attire is in line with the dancers in many theatrical productions such as broadway plays. It is certainly more conservative than many bathing suits that you would find on public beachs, but definitely not what most casual dress businesses would allow. But then again neither would the mavs tank tops and shorts be allowed in a casual work environment.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:27 PM   #29
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

It's just some good looking women, and some not so good looking women, and a few overrated blondes. Get over it.

Back a few years ago I read a newspaper article about the dancers and at the time I was a Cerissa guy, all the way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But now, ehh, I don't really care. No favorites. Nice eye candy when I'm not in the bathroom or getting some ice cream because the kid in the seat next to me sat down with one and made me hungry.

Besides, except for the hot part, none of these girls are my type at all, I'm sure [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Well, ok, maybe a few.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:31 AM   #30
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Your little girls do sound adorable U2.
but please promise me you won't ever let them dress like that
in public?
It would be a cold day in hell. (either that, or I would feel like I was in hell if that happened)
Quote:
I'd cry if my little girl ever told me that she wanted to gyrate half naked on
a basketball court while men drool at the thought of her.
I want more for her than that.

Oh, and for the record, she wants to be a Powerpuff Girl when she grows up.
Powerpuff girls rock. Bubbles can kick some serious behind...
Old 11-20-2003, 01:33 AM   #31
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
U2, it's a hard pick between your girls. I'm delighted over the youngest one who wants to be an alligator. There's a lot to be admired about that kind of thinking-outside-the-box! [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img] I'd like to be a sea turtle, so she and I have a little something in common. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
That's easy then... pick both! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

A sea turtle? Cool. I always wanted to be grass(the kind that grows in the ground and you mow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ). I have no idea why.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:41 AM   #32
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
That's easy then... pick both! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

A sea turtle? Cool. I always wanted to be grass(the kind that grows in the ground and you mow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ). I have no idea why.
U2: Grass is interesting... kind of something I've never thought of before, but more power to you.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] As for the U2 Fav Dancer's Poll: I like your kind of poll - I'll take more than one favorite! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Veruca, you have your own Power Puff girl?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] How CUTE! [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img] No one's going to mess with her - she'll take them down , no doubt!

I guess I should also clarify: The mavs dancers pictures all seem nearly identical to me, and with no bio info to work with it did make your poll (in my interpretation) seem rather shallow. I know that many of the women listed are talented and intelligent, and would prefer to have a little credit for something other than their looks.

I appreciate their contribution to our team. I'd love to see them change up their routines to some moves that I could also appreciate, but I understand they're predominantly trying to appeal to the masses.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:35 AM   #33
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i'm on board with rhylan. to me, dancers at games are more of a distraction than anything else. i know the work hard, but it kinda cracks me up that the put all that work into a routine, get on the floor, perform, and no one cares. they're either talking or getting concessions.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:17 AM   #34
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
i'm on board with rhylan. to me, dancers at games are more of a distraction than anything else. i know the work hard, but it kinda cracks me up that the put all that work into a routine, get on the floor, perform, and no one cares. they're either talking or getting concessions.
It must feel cool to be down there on the floor during a game - even if no one is watching. Imagine what it's like to feel you are a part of the festivities - even if no one knows to appreciate you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2003, 05:30 PM   #35
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
It must feel cool to be down there on the floor during a game - even if no one is watching. Imagine what it's like to feel you are a part of the festivities - even if no one knows to appreciate you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Not to mention getting paid to have courtside seats, even if they do have to miss some of the game to change. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]