Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-07-2004, 01:18 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default DMN Notebook: Cuban Fined Again

Notebook: It's a happy 300th for Nellie
Nelson gets milestone win as Mavs coach; will pass Motta next

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

Don Nelson got his 300th victory as Mavericks coach Saturday night. Not bad for a guy who wasn't sure he'd be around long enough to have that kind of success.

"I didn't think I'd make 100, but it's turned out well," Nelson said after the 24-point win over Memphis. "I'm always thankful that Ross Perot and Mark Cuban stuck with me, even through some times that maybe they shouldn't have.

"The first couple years here, I always thought somebody else would get the gravy years. But I've had some fun these last few years."

Nelson's career coaching mark is 1,151-858. He is 300-229 as coach of the Mavericks. He needs 30 more wins to pass Dick Motta as the Mavericks' all-time winningest coach.

"Look out Dick Motta, here I come," Nelson said.

Nice surprise:

When the Mavericks acquired Jason Terry, coach Don Nelson didn't expect much out of Alan Henderson, the other Atlanta Hawk who came to Dallas in the Antoine Walker deal.

The 6-9 forward missed all but six games last season because of back problems. But once training camp started, he didn't make any concessions to his back.

"You can't really play effectively like that," he said.

Nelson said he's been happy, and a little surprised, that Henderson has been through every practice and played in every game.

"I ask him everyday if he needs a day off, to just let me know, but he never takes one," Nelson said. "One day, the trainer thought it might be a good idea not to work him, and he wanted to work."

Cuban fined:

Mark Cuban said on his Web log that he has been fined for comments he made on the site last week about the NBA opening on election night.

"I'm sure this fine for a blog entry is a first in professional sports," Cuban wrote. He added that it will be interesting to see how fans react when they find out the league is criticized by executives or coaches.

Strong words:

There is a new sign above the wide-screen television in the Mavericks' locker room. It reads: Contested shots will wound us. Uncontested shots and layups will kill us.

Underneath the quip are the initials "A.J.," because the saying came courtesy of assistant coach Avery Johnson.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:24 AM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: DMN Notebook: Cuban Fined Again

Quote:
There is a new sign above the wide-screen television in the Mavericks' locker room. It reads: Contested shots will wound us. Uncontested shots and layups will kill us.
That quote is great.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:33 PM   #3
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Default RE:DMN Notebook: Cuban Fined Again

Cuban's like an Independent candidate running for President. Every time the NBA fines him he just keeps coming back for more...trying to make a point that things should not be the way that they are. That Blog thing is absolutely ridiculous...the NBA's front office has been called a lot of bad things by people all over the internet, but Cuban gets fined just because he's high-profile? What a bunch of @-holes. Psh...
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:34 PM   #4
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Default RE:DMN Notebook: Cuban Fined Again

double post
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:24 PM   #5
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Fined for a blog entry....... I agree with with Mark, that is a first. Does he enter in a contract as soon as he buys an NBA team that he's not allowed to criticize the organization for the things he thinks it does wrong?
Old 11-07-2004, 05:24 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

how do you get fined for a freaking blog entry? The NBA needs to take a step back and loosen their collective ties, kick off their loafers, and throw the blue blazers in the corner....say it with me: "RELAX"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 05:45 PM   #7
dirkisgod

dirkisgod is on a distinguished road

All thanks to david sterns little team of angry censors.
dirkisgod is offline   Reply With Quote