Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-06-2004, 06:49 PM   #41
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all
Default RE:OVER/UNDER......bring on the Grizz!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavs Rule
Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
If you take a sign post it here before you go. That way we can spot your smoking ho... er...you at the game.
Hehe. I hope he sees this before the game, now that he has our curiosity up!
sorry guys, we did not have time to make a sign....for an idea of what my lady looks like....think Selma Hyack....they really remind me of each other...except my lady is a bit taller....
There is no way that you are going to spend as much time as you do on D-M.com if you have a wife that looks like Selma! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] (By the way Selma is starring in a new movie with Pierce Brosnan. The trailer had a scene of Selma in a bikini!)

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2004, 07:16 PM   #42
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

under
under
over
over
Old 11-06-2004, 07:16 PM   #43
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: OVER/UNDER......bring on the Grizz!!!!

over
over
under
over
HoH = over
Old 11-06-2004, 07:17 PM   #44
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Under
Over
Over
Over
Under

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 08:24 PM   #45
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

hope it still counts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...

[img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img] - Stack's points + Howard's rebounds: 19

[img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img] - Harris's dimes - Jason Williams's turnovers:3

[img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img] - Dirk's Rebounds and Points - Damp's Rebounds and Points: 14

[img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img] - Mavs Margin O Victory: +7

[img]i/expressions/thumbsdown.gif[/img] - HoH - Pau Gasol's Points - Stromile Swift's Blocks = +15
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:23 PM   #46
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

OVER/UNDER - Stack's points + Howard's rebounds: 19 Under - 15

OVER/UNDER - Harris's dimes - Jason Williams's turnovers:3 Under - 2

OVER/UNDER - Dirk's Rebounds and Points - Damp's Rebounds and Points: 14 Under - 4

OVER/UNDER - Mavs Margin O Victory: +7 Over - 24

HoH - Pau Gasol's Points - Stromile Swift's Blocks = +15 [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]Even!!! - 15

Old 11-07-2004, 12:59 AM   #47
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn....I forgot to submit this time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:49 AM   #48
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Damn....I forgot to submit this time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
lucky for you most likely...only two players scored over a +2

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:15 AM   #49
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Damp has finally arrived from whatever vacation he’d been on or was awakened from stasis deep sleep and arrived he did! Freakin 18 rebounds and 6 offensive. Nellie called this the “real” Dampier….I hope he’s right.

U2 hit the HoH and all scores suffered greatly because of it…except for one player who predicted an “even” score and got +4 because of it. Think before you use the HoH, cause it screwed most of you tonight.

It came down like this: UNDER/UNDER/UNDER/OVER HoH: EVEN

The Sucky Suckersons at –1: Big Dog(ouch), Julius(does he even care with that hat turned around backward?), applebum(the name, which brings about much laughter, only hides the sadness), SEXREX(thinks he can step into this game and take over? Go back to your babies old man), SS(yeah, not so hot), V2M(such a confusing name…such a low score), Novice(was she too optimistic you ask? Yes, and we love her for it)

Getting the crap kicked out of you by a 347 pound Ukrainian man named Vulva because you just went for a 0: brick(lives up to the name), orange(who cares what color the days are if you just plain suck?), V( too smart to be in the same category as Dan, dawg, and Oz [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ), 55(nice try kido…but no.), rakesh(odd names not doing so hot tonight), Dan(hahaha), cheesy(come on Chester Cheetah), Mavs Rule(how dare you challenged the Selma comparison! Just for that you get zero), Mary(everyone has bad days), Razor(insert biting, yet endearing comment here), Estonian(your country does not have a good track record with the over/under….and that record would be comprised entirely of you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ), Q(quite sucking would ya?…there are only so many ways to make fun of you), Rev(a fallen preacher), dawg(nice to see you visit all the “little people” in the zero category…don’t get too comfortable down here), C(huh?), Oz(now this makes sense)

+2 aint good…but you could…and have done worse..cause you are a +1: U2(my man needs to step it up big time), twelli(blah), Pongo(is shooting a very high percentage in fantasy), F4ever(ok), MVP(needs to wear here lucky reaf jersey for the next game), sande(can do much better), MavDog(Bush), Jive(great name)

+2 sure is better than +1….: Berni(good job), MFF(greatness), Rabbit(must have rubbed the foot), evil(the dark prince is secretly a fan of Peewee’s playhouse), puppy(great guy and good player…sometimes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ), amy(the forgotten princess [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

+3 not bad….and tonight if finds you in second place?!!: toad(I’ve heard if you lick him…he gets all high)

the genius of the “even” HoH bet…finding himself at +6: Dub(your jackass prediction turned out….next time it will cost you everything…or at least a tear or two.. Great job!)

once again…those who live by the HoH live well….but most certainly die by it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-07-2004, 09:28 AM   #50
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the positive side.......what a night......maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.......LOL

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 09:37 AM   #51
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
I'm in the positive side.......what a night......maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.......LOL
but then you would never have the pleasure of stomping doc into the dust! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2004, 10:37 AM   #52
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

!!!

yeah i'm a loser but ehj obviously an optimistic one... wow - that sounds great [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

lg, n#41

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:39 AM   #53
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

DAMN THAT HOH... I SAID I WOULDNT USE IT AND I THINK IT IS A DEFINITE TONIGHT AND LOOK... MY +2 TURNS TO 0!!!

DAMN THAT HOH!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2004, 11:04 AM   #54
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Running Totals:
ames: +5
ape: +2
applebum: -1
bernardos70: +2
bricklayer: +4
BigDog: +3
Caliente: +4
cheesestar(aka PackerFan): 0
chumdawg: +8
CrazyLint: +4
Crippler: +5
dalmations202: +2
DevinHarriswillstartsnameiswaytoolongforthisboarda lthoughitseemshewasrightbutaftertwomediocregamesma ynotbetruemuchlonger: -1
Doc: +9
Dirkenstein: +4
Dirno2000: 0
DubOverdose: +7
Canon (Evil): +6
FineCubanCigar: -1
Finley4ever: +5
Fintastic: 0
Folterkammer: +2
FreshJive: +4
grndmstr_c: +6
HeadNeckTorso(FahQ): -1
Irontoad: +4
Julius: +2
Male23Dan: +4
Mary: +3
BushLOVER(mavdog): +5
MavsRule: +1
mercury_rev: +4
MFF: +6
Murph: +1
Novice: 0
Ocelotark: +1
OzMavs: +1
Pongo: +7
rabbitproof: +4
raefformvp:+5
Rakesh: 0
Razor: -1
samoan-maverick: +2
Sande: +4
sbjensen: +3
SeriousSummer: +1
TripleDipping: +5
Twelli: +9
U2: +1
Vashjan: -2
vjz: -1
V2M: 0
Woods: +2
Xerxes: -1
Zuerimav: +3

So Doc retains his lead spot (although shared by Twelli now), must be driving the alien batty. The Top 8 are:

Evil: +6
Old 11-07-2004, 12:25 PM   #55
sandeepgm

sandeepgm will become famous soon enough

Sorry U2, u made a mistake with my totals

It should be 5 points

+1 with kings

+2 with hornets

+2 with grizzlies.

Thanks....
sandeepgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 12:44 PM   #56
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
+2 aint good…but you could…and have done worse..cause you are a +1: U2(my man needs to step it up big time), twelli(blah), Pongo(is shooting a very high percentage in fantasy), F4ever(ok), MVP(needs to wear here lucky reaf jersey for the next game), sande(can do much better), MavDog(Bush), Jive(great name)
Sorry sandeepgm, I would love to give you an extra 1, but I can't. Sike's description there is confusing at the beginning, but you fell in the category of +1.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:56 PM   #57
sandeepgm

sandeepgm will become famous soon enough

Sorry my mistake U2...I didnt read it right..

+4 is not just me man...Got to keep up my scores in the coming weeks.

Hoping my luck turns with the next game....

sandeepgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 04:28 PM   #58
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys stink (Except maybe twelli).

I don't submit an entry and still lead this thing? Sheesh....my +5 that I just missed would have really opened this thing up. Oh well.....bring on the next game! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 04:41 PM   #59
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
U2: Sike's description there is confusing at the beginning.
I prefer to think of it as sardonically biting and sweetly humorous...but whatever [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2004, 04:48 PM   #60
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
The Top 8 are:

Evil: +6
what a collection of scurvy invested sewer rats

Old 11-07-2004, 10:03 PM   #61
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't a push be no action? The house can't collect from both the overs and the unders! I want my two points back from the HoH!

At least then I'd be ahead of Doc's no-playin' ass. But then again, I'll doubtless be ahead of him in due time anyway.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:08 AM   #62
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
The house can't collect from both the overs and the unders!
so says the dawg of chum.....
I just checked the replay and the challenge is overruled...the play on the field stands.

Old 11-08-2004, 07:13 AM   #63
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

Just looking back at this out of curiosity ... and admittedly I dont follow the game here in detail ...

...but please explain to me how Dub got 6 points here, cause I dont see how.

Since I have not played at all yet and it isnt my game, maybe I should not ask, but that perplexes me.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:44 AM   #64
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Poindexter Einstein
Just looking back at this out of curiosity ... and admittedly I dont follow the game here in detail ...

...but please explain to me how Dub got 6 points here, cause I dont see how.

Since I have not played at all yet and it isnt my game, maybe I should not ask, but that perplexes me.
In the regular O/U he scored +2... and in Heaven or Hell he hit the Even (HoH) which is worth +4.

The HoH is optional and counts +2 for a correct guess and -2 for an incorrect guess. And if you guess even and it hits even you get +4
Old 11-08-2004, 08:49 AM   #65
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

So on the regular O/U, you dont get a minus for a miss? But you get a minus for a miss on the HoH?

Is that correct?
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:44 AM   #66
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
The house can't collect from both the overs and the unders!
so says the dawg of chum.....
I just checked the replay and the challenge is overruled...the play on the field stands.
The game is rigged! The game is rigged!!

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:50 AM   #67
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
So on the regular O/U, you dont get a minus for a miss? But you get a minus for a miss on the HoH?

Is that correct?
correct
the normal O/U selections are required if one wants to play, however the HoH is a totally optional selection worth twice as much as a normal O/U selection if gotten correctly or incorrectly a +2 or a -2.

now lets allow this thread to die so today's O/U thread can get the attention.

Old 11-08-2004, 11:51 AM   #68
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:

Is that correct?
That is correct. That is why it is called Heaven or Hell. Heaven if you get it right, and Hell if you don't.

HoH:
+2 for correct
-2 for incorrect
+4 for called even

Regular:
+1 for correct
0 for incorrect
+2 for called even