Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #481
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Garrett finally sacked up.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2009, 11:18 PM   #482
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i think garrett was waiting for wade to grow a pair. from what i've heard, garrett has always been this kind of coach...he was just following the head coach on attitude.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #483
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Any news on getting another WR?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #484
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Any news on getting another WR?
There have been rumblings around training camp because 3/5 of our receivers are currently injured, but no actual names have surfaced from the Cowboys front office...

Folks on the interwebs are still talking about Matt Jones, Brandon Marshall and super-longshot Anquan Boldin, but there's really no reason to believe we'll go after any of those guys...

Is there anyone else left to talk about? (it seems like any WRs better than Crayton have already been locked up...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-18-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #485
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Plax? It'll be kinda cool to get the Cowboys killer to play for the Cowboys

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #486
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Plax? It'll be kinda cool to get the Cowboys killer to play for the Cowboys
Grand jury could throw Plaxico Burress off track

(I doubt Plax will be suiting up next season...)

Old 06-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #487
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez. Matt Jones, Plax, Brandon Marshall sure there is some talent there but we just got rid of T.O. and his stupid antics (mainly during iterviews) but I'm ready for some ball players not all the extra bs like those guys bring. Maybe we should just check out Vick too. Another thing, I wish Marty B would STFU and stop rapping and being a doucher, he has some talent but is killing me with every blog, youtube vid he puts out. Won't be long before I hope he fails.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #488
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'd keep my eye out for the Hawkins kid on 4th and long. Him or Holley. I figure whoever wins out of those two will have a very nice shot to make the 53.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #489
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I'd keep my eye out for the Hawkins kid on 4th and long. Him or Holley. I figure whoever wins out of those two will have a very nice shot to make the 53.
You serious?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #490
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Holley by far is the best WR on that show. Hawkins is too small.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #491
SMC0007
Guru

I only watch that show to laugh at the level of ridiculousness of it. It's a wreck. I don't see any of those scrubbers making it. But who knows maybe someone lands on the practice squad.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #492
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you've got seven or eight minutes to stop down, this is a hell of a Michael Irvin tribute...and it should get your Cowboys blood boiling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=780S5V34GFI
Old 06-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #493
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Just watched it, great great stuff.

the heart and soul of the Cowboys during our heyday.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #494
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Just watched it, great great stuff.

the heart and soul of the Cowboys during our heyday.
There's a lot of great plays in that video, but the touchdown against Buffalo is balls-on. That guy was so great, and had such great chemistry with Aikman. We need some more of that again.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #495
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Ever thought what it would be like to game on the big screen at the cowboys stadium? Well let this youtube video show you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpS3K...layer_embedded

Quote:
A tipster at our sister site Engadget snapped this shot from Gears of War 2's title screen, while waiting for a controller to be reconnected, on the enormendous 72 x 160-foot 'LED wall' at Dallas Cowboys Stadium late last week. It's reported that the stadium was being set up for the Jonas Brothers' June 20 concert, and the one piloting the system was none other than Steve 'SoneAF1015' Fatone, the group's video director.

Even better, footage emerged on YouTube as well (seen after the break), showcasing the screen in action, though playing Halo 3 as opposed to Gears of War 2. Other shots drop presumably Mr. Fatone (pronounce that as you will) playing Call of Duty 2 and, erm, showing everyone his Gamercard, paltry Gamerscore in-tow. But alas, congrats to you, Mr. Fatone, you've likely just played the biggest game of Halo 3 ever
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/21/xb...wboys-stadium/
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #496
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
Ever thought what it would be like to game on the big screen at the cowboys stadium? Well let this youtube video show you.

I would be pissed if I was Jerry and somebody was playin around with my multi-million dollar tv.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 06-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #497
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post

Holy mother of God.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #498
TheMaverick
Golden Member

That's so awesome haha

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #499
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Martellus might be one pigskin shy of a football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lP8fHN53t0

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 06-24-2009 at 02:05 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #500
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post

That is my all time favorite rap now.

Awesome.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #501
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post

haha marty B is awesome
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #502
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I love Martellus, but what is with that beard?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:49 AM   #503
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

hey y'all, I just finished a Cowboys article for my Examiner page, so anyone interested should check it out...please? lol

http://www.examiner.com/x-14770-Dall...-to-the-future

I'd paste the article here, but that takes away the purpose of getting hits. haha

Feel free to leave comments and such!

Last edited by mavspwnage; 06-26-2009 at 07:50 AM.
mavspwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #504
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
hey y'all, I just finished a Cowboys article for my Examiner page, so anyone interested should check it out...please? lol

http://www.examiner.com/x-14770-Dall...-to-the-future

I'd paste the article here, but that takes away the purpose of getting hits. haha

Feel free to leave comments and such!
Good stuff - I like how you took a step back to parallel the Cowboys' recent playoff struggles to their long & celebrated past...

Last edited by Underdog; 06-26-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #505
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Good stuff - I like how you took a step back to parallel the Cowboys' recent playoff struggles to their long & celebrated past...
Thanks man I appreciate it!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #506
mavspwnage
Golden Member

New article on the Cowboys:

Cowboys should take Giant approach

check it!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #507
TheMaverick
Golden Member

F the Giants

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 07-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #508
ty
Diamond Member

That article is from Houston...what do you expect?

Suckston has always been jealous of our football royalty.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #509
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
That article is from Houston...what do you expect?

Suckston has always been jealous of our football royalty.
What article is from Houston?
Old 07-09-2009, 07:07 AM   #510
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

check it!

this sounds like a money making pyramid scheme!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #511
TheMaverick
Golden Member

I'm so shocked the Mavs' offseason has overshadowed the Cowboys for me.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 07-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #512
Underdog

Quote:
I'm so shocked the Mavs' offseason has overshadowed the Cowboys for me.
2nd - I completely forgot about the 'Boys this week...

Old 07-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #513
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

check it!
Agreed

I've been saying it for a while that the Giants were the model that the Cowboys should be chasing after. And now that we know that we have 3 pretty good running backs, and our Diva receiver is gone, I'd say our offense has no excuse not to.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 07-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #514
mavspwnage
Golden Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS2ZIAQkVc0

hahahahahaha wow...Bennett is a crazy mutha trucka for sure. Our 2008 draft was sick as hell.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #515
mavspwnage
Golden Member

I just booked my hotel reservations in San Antonio for training camp!! I'm so pumped! Now I just have to wait about three weeks.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #516
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Good news, Romo should be back to his old self this season:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jessica-si...-romo/25140?nc

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 07-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #517
OttoOC

OttoOC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Good news, Romo should be back to his old self this season:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jessica-si...-romo/25140?nc
Can't wait to hear about this for the next 8 months.
OttoOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #518
Underdog

This season is starting to look a hell of a lot better!

Old 07-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #519
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

What are people going to blame the turnovers on now with Jessica and T.O. Owens gone?
Old 07-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #520
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Garrett? New stadium? Being too Lonely? Not enough star power around him? People will place blame and make excuses no matter what.

Last edited by MX425; 07-14-2009 at 04:06 PM.
MX425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
!peppers != 19-0, holy neck, not even participants, peppers = 19-0, villareal, we win super balls now?, what is a charger?