Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-24-2002, 11:44 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The Rangers announced that Rocker was sent to see Tom House, the former Ranger pitching coach and well respected sports psychologist in San Diego during his demotion. The Rangers were never going t olet him pitch in Triple A but rather made the move to allow Rocker time to see House and work on confidence issues and pitching mechanics. Rocker was allowed to return early because Pudge was placed on the DL which invalidates a rule that states a player must spend 10 days on the minor league team after being optioned. The Rangers will use Rocker as a setup man only...not a closer.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2002, 12:47 AM   #2
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

That explains half of it.

Now as to why he was sent to Tom House I don't know. I suppose he would have had Rocker throwing footballs within a couple of days.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 07:21 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I know House's methods seem out-of-the-box, but league-wide he has a very sterling reputation for straightening pitchers out on the mental side of the game and for fine tuning mechanics. Probably a great move by the Rangers....they had nothing to lose.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 04:58 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

House also had the reputation of causing the most arm injuries. When he was the pitching coach of the Rangers we lead the team in games missed by pitchers.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote