Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 02-23-2001, 06:25 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

As you can see, we're finally back online! However, none of the old messages or threads made it over to the new server. In fact, nothing made it over [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The site had been down long enough, so we decided to just do a clean install and start over from scratch. I did, however, manually input each and every user account from the old board, so there's no need for any of you to have to sign up again.

Now that we're back, you may have noticed several new features to the board. If not, then please take a few minutes to look around! Among other things, you now have the ability to create your own polls! The "today" section also lists the day's hottest threads and the board's top ten posters. To those of you who are too lazy to sign up, anonymous posts are now allowed. These are just a few of the board's many new features, but of course my favorite has to be the new smileys!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2001, 11:53 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a better fan forum than I have seen for any other NBA team. As I understand it, this site is independent... This is very impressive...
Old 03-07-2001, 12:20 AM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the kind words Evilmav2! This isn't a "professional" or official site, but I'm sure as hell going to try to make it the best!

Oh and I'm glad you SportsTalk guys decided to come over [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have a feeling things are going to get a little crazy around here once the site is officially launched.
Old 03-08-2001, 06:54 PM   #4
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

I have a few questions about the site....

Did you write this stuff or get it from somewhere?

Do you have your own server or are you paying for space on one?

And last, a suggestion.... How about you come up with a way to upload our own icons? I really like the icon thing, but I've already soon duplicates and eventually it would be cool to recognize people by their icons instead of having to see who they are.

All in all, very nice site and I love not having to put up with all of the bullsh!t on other boards.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 08:05 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

1. If you're referring to the msg board itself, then no I didn't write it. It's a program that I bought the license for, which I've basically modified and configured.

The site itself is something I'm working on by myself. The graphics, programming, content, etc. I have friends who are willing to help with the more complex programming and scripting though.

2. This site was first hosted by Interland, but I've since switched to the more reliable Live Technologies (same host as ClutchCity.net). With the high amount of traffic I'm anticipating, I'll most likely switch to a dedicated server in the coming months. That is, if I have the necessary funding. If you can hook me up, lemme know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

3. If there's an icon you'd like me to add, just post it in a msg so we can all take a look! If it looks cool, isn't tacky or inappropriate, and is not copyrighted material, then I'll probably add it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I plan on sending a msg to Cuban sometime next week to see if I could use those new logos as icons, since they've been requested a couple times before.

I'm guessing a lot more people will be joining us once the site goes live, so getting some new icons sounds like a pretty good idea.
Old 03-08-2001, 08:10 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

I've started a thread for posting icons in the General Mavs area.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Good job DJ. Your vision is unparralleled.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote