Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #11
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I think we must trade Josh now. If I was Sammy Superstar and was considering coming to Dallas .... Kidd/Dirk/Iggy would look a lot more inticing than just Kidd/Dirk. Kidd is done after the next two seasons, but short term he can be a major factor. Anyway, when you look at potential destinations for free agents, you have Miami, which is Wade/Beasley/beaches, which all of a sudden does not make Dallas look so great.

I personally feel it's critical that we have as many assets as we can going into the summer to draw a free agent with the DUST chip being the major piece. I feel sign and trades this summer will have little to do with the teams of free agents (Cleveland, Toronto, etc.). LeBron and Bosh are in control, not the other way around. If LeBron says he wants to go to Dallas, Cleveland can either help him and take the DUST chip and whatever potential gift Mark Cuban gives them, or let him sign with Miami or another Eastern Conference team and pretty much screw over their chances of succeeding in the East until ... 2020? So when it comes down to it, I don't think giving the other team anything in a S&T other than expirings or non-guaranteed contracts is really a factor.

We have the DUST chip and Najera's guaranteed contract ... that is enough to cover for the maximum contract for the Eastern Conference Free Agents. Those teams would be happy to put their free agent into the West, rather than have them go somewhere in the East. And, it's of little consequence making a Western team better ... if they didn't help out Dallas, the Lakers would just continue to dominate anyway.

So, my point is, I think it's stupid to save Josh for the off-season. We should trade him now, get a team that can make the conference finals, and then tell Bosh/LeBron/etc. that they would be the difference maker between conference finals/semi-finals and a championship. When seeing a team with already ONE superstar, not to mention Kidd and player "x" ... how could they not refuse?

So yes, if we can trade Josh for Iggy .. we need to do it.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote