Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #81
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

makes no sense. butler would be an upgrade over marion and howard. but he would give us the same situation we have now..2 SF's in our starting lineup..not interested.

iggy is basically the perfect fit, healthy, young, does everything on the court well.

were lookin at the title with him here.
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #82
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Steve Kyler: I can tell you that after Bill wrote that piece, Mavs sources clarified a few items... #1 - they have zero interest in Sammy D for many of the reason listed above... #2- they'd love to get their hands on Andre Iguodala and his salary is not much of a concern if they could obtain him.

The Mavs have shopped Josh Howard, Matt Carroll and Drew Gooden... they will not move Erick Dampier... while he's got short comings as a player, he plays hard, they like his toughness and he has a lot of value because of how his contract is structured and the Mavs are not giving that up. - they view that as a sizable chip in a sign and trade deal next summer.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #83
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Steve Kyler: I can tell you that after Bill wrote that piece, Mavs sources clarified a few items... #1 - they have zero interest in Sammy D for many of the reason listed above... #2- they'd love to get their hands on Andre Iguodala and his salary is not much of a concern if they could obtain him.

The Mavs have shopped Josh Howard, Matt Carroll and Drew Gooden... they will not move Erick Dampier... while he's got short comings as a player, he plays hard, they like his toughness and he has a lot of value because of how his contract is structured and the Mavs are not giving that up. - they view that as a sizable chip in a sign and trade deal next summer.
and as much as we all want to see a huge trade go down they are probably right to wait on Damp till this summer. it's most likely the smart thing to do
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #84
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
and as much as we all want to see a huge trade go down they are probably right to wait on Damp till this summer. it's most likely the smart thing to do
I disagree, it looks like the timid thing to do imo. I understand that Dampier brings some toughness that dalembert does not but I also do not think I would give Iggy up without someone taking another contract on. Josh+junk for Iggy would be asinine for Philly.

But it allows the mavs to not do anything because no one in their right mind would take a josh+junk for iggy, so in essence, they do nothing and hope at the end of the year for lightning to strike. good luck with that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #85
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

i hate to say it but it is smart to let damps contract run out. get a big fish FA this summer. and sign damp to a small 1 year contract.

i wanna win now like every other fan, best case scenario they land a SG for josh and some scrubs it looks like..

but if they go this route and keep damp all year..i wanna see a stud FA in a dallas uni next year...
Old 01-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #86
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4lyfe201 View Post
i hate to say it but it is smart to let damps contract run out. get a big fish FA this summer. and sign damp to a small 1 year contract.

i wanna win now like every other fan, best case scenario they land a SG for josh and some scrubs it looks like..

but if they go this route and keep damp all year..i wanna see a stud FA in a dallas uni next year...
But we cannot get a big fish free agent with damp unless it's a sign and trade. Which one do you have in mind?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #87
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I disagree, it looks like the timid thing to do imo. I understand that Dampier brings some toughness that dalembert does not but I also do not think I would give Iggy up without someone taking another contract on. Josh+junk for Iggy would be asinine for Philly.

But it allows the mavs to not do anything because no one in their right mind would take a josh+junk for iggy, so in essence, they do nothing and hope at the end of the year for lightning to strike. good luck with that.
Iggy has a very long, very expensive contract. And he's not significantly better than Josh. He's better, and he's certainly better than Josh's current level of performance, but let's not act like going from the Josh of last year to Iggy is a huge upgrade. It's marginal at best.

I'm not spending the DUST chip to upgrade from Josh to Iggy. That's just not good use of an asset. And it's the very last move you'll make for this core. It's just not a good enough move.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #88
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Damp and Josh are two huge expiring contracts both with some game left in them. if you're gonna blow your whole load all at once you should be sure it's the best you can get. we have no 1st rd. pick this year. we have Roddy and Calathes. not a lot of young talent or picks or other big expiring contracts to deal. so if we deal Damp/Josh for Iggy/Dalembert we're presumably rolling with that team for a while. maybe we re-sign Damp using the MLE? but not alot of flexibility. does this trade make us an elite team or just better?
then again it could be that Iggy is the best we could do with the Dust Chip anyway and we lose out. like you said no way they do Josh&junk for Iggy. i'm not convinced Philly'd even do Josh/Damp for Iggy/Dalembert. they'll probably insist on Brand.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #89
dude1394
Guru

Again I cannot say that much about iggy but josh howard does not distribute the ball at all (ala ginobbli or many other top notch sgs). If iggy can do that I'd say he's a tremendous upgrade to josh.

Scoring, rebounding seem to be similar but the handling and assists seem to put him in another category than just a scorer.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #90
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Iggy averaged the last 4 years between 5 and 6 assist per game
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #91
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

This move doesn't just make us better, it makes us championship contenders this year and even mores o next year if we can get Damp or Howard back with the MLE and if Roddy actually gets a role on the team.

Consider this, and then consider who will realistically be available this summer. Then think about the odds of actually getting one of those players who may be available this summer. I say take the sure thing and get the All-Star SG now while significantly bolstering your front line in the process.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #92
mavsmanic

mavsmanic is on a distinguished road

I know Iggy is a slight improvement over Josh but he has never been an all star as he is being reffered to by some on this board. I have been on some of the philly forums, and the one thing they dislike about him is that he is not a true SG. I actually think that Josh has a better mid range game but, I think Iggy is a better fit for this team because of his passing skills.
I would like the mavs to get him but If there is a chance to get a real all star like Joe Johnson during the off season then I think they should wait.
mavsmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #93
mavsfan4lyfe201

dampier expires this year. he has a qualifying offer for next year which he will not meet. he needs to play 27 mins a game, they wont allow him to meet that.

so this is his last year of his contract..to clear confusion- dude
Old 01-20-2010, 11:59 PM   #94
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

If the argument is that Iggy wouldn't be a major upgrade over what Josh was giving the Mavs three years ago, I'd agree with that in a second. I think he'd be a pretty damn significant step up over what Josh is giving the team now, though. Significant enough that I don't think the bird-in-the-hand argument in favor pulling the trigger on a trade for him that costs Damp is easily dismissed. I can't fault the Mavs for not wanting to swap out Damp for Dalembert, though. At least for the time being.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:08 AM   #95
themaverickfan708

themaverickfan708 is infamous around these parts

Why not this trade:
Mavs Get:
Igoudala
Dalembert

Philly Gets:
Gooden
Howard
Raja Bell(Golden State)

Golden State Gets:
Matt Carroll(Mavs)

I don't know if Golden State would agree to that but if you look at were they are headed I don't think they would really care about Carroll's contract even though they have been trying to move Maggette. Philly on the other hand I don't think would accept a trade from the mavericks if carroll was included in a solo dallas-philly trade. So I think it might work because philly is looking to be a player in this years free agency so they need all the cap space they can get and like I said Golden state just is a mess and not a free agency player this offseason so I really don't think they mind Carroll's contract and plus they need another scorer with only maggette, ellis and sometimes curry making all the points.
themaverickfan708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #96
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Why would the Warriors ever do that? Carroll has one of the crappier contracts in basketball. He's a shooter that can't shoot. There's no redeeming quality about him. We're stuck with him for awhile unless the Mavs are willing to take on an equally bad contract or a couple bad contracts.

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 01-21-2010 at 12:42 AM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:36 AM   #97
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
By Marc Stein ESPN
The Sixers are only growing more determined to make a deal before the deadline. I’ve heard that in strong terms from three different sources this week already.

Which tells me we should expect to keep hearing more trade scenarios that include Andre Iguodala’s name.

Foiled in its longstanding attempts to move Samuel Dalembert and/or Elton Brand, Philly has apparently come to realize that its best shot at a shake-it-up move is convincing one of the risk-taking/big-spending teams out there – such Houston, Dallas and Cleveland – to absorb the four years and $56.3 million remaining on Iguodala’s contract after this season.

Not that I’d give the Sixers great hope of hooking Cleveland.

The Cavs are still chasing a big man that can stretch the floor with 3-point range and continue to hope they can get one by peddling Zydrunas Ilgauskas’ expiring contract.

Washington’s Antawn Jamison and Indiana’s Troy Murphy remain Cleveland’s top targets – with the further hope that Big Z will be released by his new team and thus eligible to be re-signed after a 30-day wait like Antonio McDyess in Detroit last season -- as opposed to pursuing the likes of Iguodala or Golden State’s highly available Corey Maggette.

Iguodala and Maggette have both been known to masquerade at the 4 spot in a small-ball setup but can’t really be classified as power forwards.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ris-trade-talk

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #98
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the key, if you want Iggy, is to hope the Mavs can shake him loose without including Damp and Dalembert in the deal. Because the Mavs are absolutely not trading Damp before this offseason unless it's for a superstar (and that's not happening).

Honestly, I bet if you offered Josh and Roddy for Iggy right now the Sixers would jump at it. Depending on how hard up they are for cash, they might just jump at Josh for Iggy. It'd be a massive savings for them and a pretty big commitment for the Mavs.

And I'm still not convinced upgrading from Josh to Iggy gets you all that far. Given how Josh is playing right now it's a big upgrade but I have to think Josh is going to come around.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-21-2010 at 08:06 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #99
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

If they were willing to trade Iguodala straight up for Josh, I would at least be very surprised and perhaps even uneasy to see the Mavs not go for it. Josh has been disappointing so far this season, not to mention inconsistent over the last couple of years. He isn't the player the Mavs hoped he can be and not the player we can afford in this role to make a run for a championship.

Iguodala is the kind of shooting guard we need and very talented in many fields. And, of course, if not Iggy, who else? I would even do a Josh/Gooden/Carroll for Iguodala/Dalembert deal in a heartbeat. This would actually leave us some options as far as the DUST chip is concerned. If we were to trade Josh for a shooting guard like Iggy, we then would definitely have to trade Damp for a guy who can play center. Is it a safe bet that we can acquire one during the offseason? With Dalembert in the mix, the need for a center wouldn't be as urgent as we'd already have one.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #100
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I see Iguodala as an upgrade, but I wouldn't trade Dampier to get him. Howard? You bet.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #101
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I have to think Josh is going to come around.
I hope you're right...but I've grown tired of waiting for this to happen. Time for Josh to go.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #102
mavsfan4lyfe201

getting iggy would really boost this team. but its gonna take more than what the mavs are willing to offer it looks like.

dampier isnt gonna be traded unless its for somoeone of all star caliber...

man i hope we can land a 2. thats all!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #103
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

So i played with the trademachine keeping Damp in Dallas. And i dont think the Sixers are so high on Roddy since they have Williams and Holiday.

Iggy+Kapono: Sixers can dump Kaponos 6 mio next year. Mavs send 3 mio for some buyouts. Works also with less savings with Willie Green instead of Kapono. Dont think its enough to get Iggy.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yzj6477

Iggy+Dalembert: Without Carroll you have to add way too many players, dont see that coming. But if, it would been a nobrainer even when the Mavs dont want Dalembert. Send 3mio for the buyouts of 3 minimum guys.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yzn9wkn

Iggy+Brand: The only way to dump Carroll i guess. Brand has 51/3 left after this season, Carroll 11/3. So actually its 40 mio for 3 years Brand, a nice prize for me and a potential HUGE steal. But maybe the Mavs have a very strong feeling they can convince Bosh to come to here so the Raps do a S&T to ship him at least out of the EC. In that case our FO dont want Brand at all.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yjanjk2

But i have to say i do all 3 trades. We keep the dustchip, so for me they are all no brainers.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #104
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think the key, if you want Iggy, is to hope the Mavs can shake him loose without including Damp and Dalembert in the deal. Because the Mavs are absolutely not trading Damp before this offseason unless it's for a superstar (and that's not happening).

Honestly, I bet if you offered Josh and Roddy for Iggy right now the Sixers would jump at it. Depending on how hard up they are for cash, they might just jump at Josh for Iggy. It'd be a massive savings for them and a pretty big commitment for the Mavs.

And I'm still not convinced upgrading from Josh to Iggy gets you all that far. Given how Josh is playing right now it's a big upgrade but I have to think Josh is going to come around.

Ooh, idk I think Roddy is off the table. You may be right tho.

Iggy has much better handles and can get to the hoop in a much more aggressive and powerful fashion than Jho. Obviously the finishing touch would be much more exciting as well. I think if you replace Josh with Iggy, it opens things up for him given our lineup and other capable shooters. I'm not so sure about his consistency with the outside shooting, but it would help us dramatically to have someone with those kind of skills at powering to the hoop and being able to pass as well.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #105
sefant77
Guru

There is a rumour that the Rockets declined this trade:

Quote:
I know we tried to get houston to do Lou, Dalembert and Iguodala for McGrady, Cook and Lowry but they declined.
But the Iggy/Dalembert for McGrady rumours are still there. Maybe the Rockets trying to squeeze it more.

Last edited by sefant77; 01-21-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #106
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I've note tried at all to get a read on where Philly's really at in all this, beyond having a sense that they were ready to cut salary. That piece by Stein is encouraging, though. He makes them sound more desperate than I thought they'd be.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #107
mavsfan4lyfe201

the rockets want nothing to do with dalembert, thats why no deal can get done, no one wants a C that doesnt play hard. and philly is only offering the package of iggy.dalembert really, iggy isnt attainable alone it seems.

theirs an article on espn about iggy and dirk playing together, however you must be an espn insider to read it..so i dont know exactly what it says..

we play philly this weekend...lets hope iggy plays real well and this trade idea heats up quick..
Old 01-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #108
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

I was actually quite surprised, too, and am maybe even a little hopeful. With that said, has there ever been a trade that fans had laid out in detail weeks and months before it eventually did happen?

I'm also wondering whether or not the Rockets might try to go for that Iguodala/Dalembert package with McGrady's contract. They actually need a shooting guard and a center to replace McGrady and Yao and they have the perfect contract to get it done and thus offer the 76ers the ultimate financial relief come next season which we couldn't or wouldn't want to do. Next season, Dalembert could back up Yao and be their quality insurance center just in case Yao's feet decided to take another rest. Not to mention that Dalembert's contract is about to expire in 2011 and become a valuable trade chip. Here's hoping the 76ers wouldn't do it to not totally outrage their fan base.

Edit: Just saw the post above. Still wondering why Dalembert would be so much of a problem for the Rockets. They of all teams could actually use a center given that their starting center is constantly injured. And again, they could trade Dalembert as soon as next February. Not that much of a (financial) commitment.

Last edited by dalger; 01-21-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #109
sefant77
Guru

Rockets are stupid to decline that.

Dalembert has one year left and they can actually give Yao an easy time coming back with 30mins and sitting out b2b. Dalembert is still better than Hayes or putting a small PF at the 5.

Brooks
Iggy
Ariza/Battier
Scola/Landry
Yao/Dalembert

With the options to trade Battier to a contender or Dalembert as a big expiring.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #110
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I think Dallas has to get over this no to Dalembert. I mean you're trading

Howard, Carroll, Gooden, and you'd have to toss in Ross or Thomas to meet the salary requirement for Iguodala. You don't find an Iguodala on every NBDL squad and for that matter on at least 10-15 of the NBA squads. Betweem Dirk and Kidd, I'm sure we can milk 15 decent minutes from him.

Kidd-Iggy-Marion-Dirk-Damp, Bench, Jet, Barea, Dalembert, Najera, Singleton, Thomas(assuming Ross is the salary equalizer)

Days of the midget backcourt would be gone. Jet gets his normal role back, we swing Iggy between the 2-3 spots. You have Dalembert, Najera, Singleton and Thomas to mix and match behind Damp and Dirk. Plus if you don't think Dalembert is the answer to the back up center, you still have the trade exception and I'm sure someone's willing to unload a salary for nothing. The wing does become a bit thin, with just Jet-Iggy and Marion(assuming Ross is the salary fodder). I know Singleton bulked for the paint area, thomas and Najera are just too slow.

The guy averages 18-20 a night, plays 40 minutes a night, he's 25-26 years old, no major injuries. He can help Dirk, we're hurtinig each night JHo doesn't show up. You throw in some depth, which can easily be swallowed by Iggy's ability to go 40.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #111
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Perhaps somebody already posted something like this, but I wonder if Philly wouldn't go for something along the lines of Josh/Caroll for Iggy/Kapono. Even if Philly signed Josh to a contract starting at 7 million in the offseason (which seems on the high end to me), they'd still save somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 million over this year and the next. And even with Carroll's contract being longer than Kapono's, they'd still be saving money in the subsequent years as well.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #112
mac222b
Diamond Member

it may be that Philly only does Iggy and Dalembert if we include Damp. if you believe the trade proposal w/ the Rockets to be true(and who really knows other than the teams involved?)they wanted McGrady's contract and Lowry who is young and cheap. Rockets and Mavs may both believe they have a shot at Bosh, etc. if they wait to deal their best chips. if Philly would do the deal for Josh, Gooden and Carroll i think we'd be all over that. but Philly wants more for two of their starting five
Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #113
dalger
Golden Member

This might also just be a case of different teams waiting for the other one to give in and accept the offer on the table (in case there are tables and offers here). If it was only about saving money, we wouldn't be able to compete with an offer by the Rockets since they have McGrady's contract. If the 76ers insisted on Damp being included in a deal, we wouldn't and maybe shouldn't be in it either. However, if they wanted to save money AND get talent in return to use this and perhaps even next season, a deal including Josh and Gooden as potential contributors wouldn't be all that bad. It possibly depends on the level of desperation on the 76ers' side and, again, what offers are actually being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I think Dallas has to get over this no to Dalembert. I mean you're trading

Howard, Carroll, Gooden, and you'd have to toss in Ross or Thomas to meet the salary requirement for Iguodala. You don't find an Iguodala on every NBDL squad and for that matter on at least 10-15 of the NBA squads. Betweem Dirk and Kidd, I'm sure we can milk 15 decent minutes from him.
Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, we wouldn't even have to include Ross or Thomas. Josh, Gooden and Carroll for Iggy and Dalembert works. And yeah, I think we would be noticeably better (at least on paper) than right now while still having the DUST chip.

Last edited by dalger; 01-21-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #114
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
it may be that Philly only does Iggy and Dalembert if we include Damp. if you believe the trade proposal w/ the Rockets to be true(and who really knows other than the teams involved?)they wanted McGrady's contract and Lowry who is young and cheap. Rockets and Mavs may both believe they have a shot at Bosh, etc. if they wait to deal their best chips. if Philly would do the deal for Josh, Gooden and Carroll i think we'd be all over that. but Philly wants more for two of their starting five
Philly's saving cash, by moving Dalembert and Iggy. Lots of variables in this. Howard, Gooden, Carroll and Ross works, I'd throw in picks and cash to make it work. Is Iggy good enough to unload Dampier's contract? I think the Bosh thing is in our back pocket. It's a huge gamble, would Iggy be that chip for Dampier? Boy if Philly asks for Damp, that would be a hard one to swallow.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #115
sefant77
Guru

Philly doesnt take Carrolls 11/3 back just to unload Dalemberts 12/1.

Im high on that trade. We even keep the dustchip and Mark has enough money
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=ykclv8y

Last edited by sefant77; 01-21-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #116
dalger
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Im high on that trade. We even keep the dustchip and Mark has enough money
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=ykclv8y
Brand would be such a gamble. He's averaging a whooping 12/5 in his last five games. Yet with that untradeable contract he would have to be a very important contributor, pretty much the center we want to replace Damp, and it wouldn't make sense to go for Bosh or any other big man with the DUST chip. Not really in favor of that scenario.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #117
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
Brand would be such a gamble. He's averaging a whooping 12/5 in his last five games. Yet with that untradeable contract he would have to be a very important contributor, pretty much the center we want to replace Damp, and it wouldn't make sense to go for Bosh or any other big man with the DUST chip. Not really in favor of that scenario.
Key is Iggy, whatever Brand gives us is a bonus. In addition, Philly is an up and down team, Thaddeus Young is much better suited at their 4 spot than Brand is. They made a huge mistake in signing him. They were going one direction, and then the front office drops Brand on the team. Now they're starting Young. I wouldn't count on Brand for too much, just put him under the blocks to rebound. Any points would be a bonus.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #118
dalger
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Key is Iggy, whatever Brand gives us is a bonus. In addition, Philly is an up and down team, Thaddeus Young is much better suited at their 4 spot than Brand is. They made a huge mistake in signing him. They were going one direction, and then the front office drops Brand on the team. Now they're starting Young. I wouldn't count on Brand for too much, just put him under the blocks to rebound. Any points would be a bonus.
...and pay $15+ million for it for years to come? Not that it's our money and we really don't need to concern ourselves with it as it's Cuban's money, but he would never give up Josh, Gooden and JJB to get Iggy and Brand for that kind of money, definitely not with the mindset that Iggy is worth taking on Brand's contract to then not even "count on Brand for too much". I honestly believe we can do better than that, and Dalembert would be one of those better options and maybe the only reasonable one with Philadelphia.

Quote:
It depends on what they want. If they want cap relief in order to go for free agents this summer, Dalembert's $12,2 million contract would be much more of a limitation than Carroll's $4,3 million contract because the difference would be on their payroll, not ours. That bigger contract could potentially lead to them not being able to make changes during the summer and wait until 2011 which might not be in their interest.

Last edited by dalger; 01-21-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #119
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Rockets are stupid
yes, yes they are
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #120
mavsfan4lyfe201

we do not want brand. not to mention theirs no way hed be involved in a trade coming to us.

im liking our chances to get iggy, got a good feeling about this

before the season started my wish was for us to land kevin martin before the deadline..which is still possible, but iggy is the best we can get, and hed be our future.

tomorrow nites game in philly hopefully sparks some talk and we can get something brewing..i hope this rumor becomes more than a rumor..

i mean can u imagine kidd iggy dirk? with marion in the mix...this would be amazing.

Last edited by mavsfan4lyfe201; 01-21-2010 at 11:22 PM.