Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #161
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I think we must trade Josh now. If I was Sammy Superstar and was considering coming to Dallas .... Kidd/Dirk/Iggy would look a lot more inticing than just Kidd/Dirk. Kidd is done after the next two seasons, but short term he can be a major factor. Anyway, when you look at potential destinations for free agents, you have Miami, which is Wade/Beasley/beaches, which all of a sudden does not make Dallas look so great.

I personally feel it's critical that we have as many assets as we can going into the summer to draw a free agent with the DUST chip being the major piece. I feel sign and trades this summer will have little to do with the teams of free agents (Cleveland, Toronto, etc.). LeBron and Bosh are in control, not the other way around. If LeBron says he wants to go to Dallas, Cleveland can either help him and take the DUST chip and whatever potential gift Mark Cuban gives them, or let him sign with Miami or another Eastern Conference team and pretty much screw over their chances of succeeding in the East until ... 2020? So when it comes down to it, I don't think giving the other team anything in a S&T other than expirings or non-guaranteed contracts is really a factor.

We have the DUST chip and Najera's guaranteed contract ... that is enough to cover for the maximum contract for the Eastern Conference Free Agents. Those teams would be happy to put their free agent into the West, rather than have them go somewhere in the East. And, it's of little consequence making a Western team better ... if they didn't help out Dallas, the Lakers would just continue to dominate anyway.

So, my point is, I think it's stupid to save Josh for the off-season. We should trade him now, get a team that can make the conference finals, and then tell Bosh/LeBron/etc. that they would be the difference maker between conference finals/semi-finals and a championship. When seeing a team with already ONE superstar, not to mention Kidd and player "x" ... how could they not refuse?

So yes, if we can trade Josh for Iggy .. we need to do it.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #162
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I read that Houston just dont want to take Dalembert AND is asking additional young talent, probably just too much for the Sixers.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #163
dayman

dayman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Howard
Gooden
Barea
Carroll

for

Iggy
Dalember
Will the sixers waive gooden so we could resign him after 30? Or do we just assume they might?
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us...... It's science.

Last edited by dayman; 01-30-2010 at 03:28 PM.
dayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:45 PM   #164
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Haven't heard of any rumored offers, but if we can offer significantly more than Cleveland then I'm guessing we're willing to take on an extra contract, probably Dalembert's. Our recently reported offer of JHO, Gooden, and Barea for KMartin and Nocioni also strengthens the belief we're ready to take on some money.

I'm guessing we're offering them the same package, but with Carroll included to make the salaries match up for Iggy + Dalembert.

So
Howard
Gooden
Barea
Carroll

for

Iggy
Dalembert

Damp / Dalembert
Dirk / Najera / Thomas
Marion / Singleton
Iggy / Terry / Ross
Kidd / Robo

This gives us a better chance this season while maintaining the possibility of landing a superstar via S&T this off-season. It also strengthens our C depth.

I'm thinking that the FO is preferring Martin, though, so we may be waiting to see what happens with him before making this offer to Philly.
i think this is right-on
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #165
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Haven't heard of any rumored offers, but if we can offer significantly more than Cleveland then I'm guessing we're willing to take on an extra contract, probably Dalembert's. Our recently reported offer of JHO, Gooden, and Barea for KMartin and Nocioni also strengthens the belief we're ready to take on some money.

I'm guessing we're offering them the same package, but with Carroll included to make the salaries match up for Iggy + Dalembert.

So
Howard
Gooden
Barea
Carroll

for

Iggy
Dalembert

Damp / Dalembert
Dirk / Najera / Thomas
Marion / Singleton
Iggy / Terry / Ross
Kidd / Robo

This gives us a better chance this season while maintaining the possibility of landing a superstar via S&T this off-season. It also strengthens our C depth.

I'm thinking that the FO is preferring Martin, though, so we may be waiting to see what happens with him before making this offer to Philly.
This. I would be beyond happy if we made this trade. We ship out 2 horrible players, Barea and Josh, and keep the DUST chip.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #166
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Another pertinent question: Would Iguodala’s all-around game as a perimeter sidekick to Dirk Nowitzki – infused with the sort of defensive prowess Dallas has historically lacked -- move the Mavs close enough to the Lakers’ zip code to justify the expense? Some NBA personnel experts would say yes, but more would say no.

Which might only give Cuban more encouragement to hang onto to both of his biggest chips at this trading deadline and save his assets for the summer, knowing that any substantial deadline move would almost certainly require the inclusion of Howard.
So some "experts" think that even a Josh for Iguodala trade would move the Mavs close to the Lakers. If that was the case, why would the Mavs not do it, pray for a good run this season and then still use the DUST chip during the summer to put us over the top and have a good shot at a championship?

An Iggy trade wouldn't and shouldn't have to be the last and final move. It isn't either DUST+Josh for Sammy Superstar or Josh for Iggy and then nothing. We'd still have Damp's contract plus the necessary filler material to potentially make it happen.

It seems like quite a gamble to go into the summer with no changes at all and only hope that one of the top free agents might want to sign with us. And if they didn't, what then? Does anyone have an idea what plan B would be? Are there any reports or rumors on our FO's mindset? On top of that, I think that the Mavs still think too highly of Josh and his trade value. Do other teams really want to pay almost $12 million for him next season? And if his option for next year wasn't a factor and the Mavs wanted to move him alongside Damp in a S&T deal, can we be sure that Josh would actually agree to the terms we'd have in mind and vice versa?

Iggy is apparently available now and I can't see how he affects our DUST chip possibilities. Am I missing something here? And as far as the money is concerned, there's no way we can get better in Dirk's prime without taking on long and expensive contracts. If we want to win, we'll most likely have to take on some big contracts.

Iggy/Dalembert for Josh/Gooden/Carroll and maybe Barea sounds like a no-brainer.

Last edited by dalger; 01-30-2010 at 05:02 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #167
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Right now we are a Semifinals, maximum with luck WCF team.

We still need our 2 and 5. Getting one of them now put us on the "we can beat for sure anyone on the good playoff run" level. Step 1.

Step 2: See what you can make with the dustchip, With success it puts us on the "absolute contender" level.

So take now the first step if there are so many options. Dont miss Step 1 just to wait for step 2, because maybe even the single step 2 doesnt put us on absolute contender level next saison after losing another year now.

And dont cheap out right now. All contender have a 75+ payroll...

Kidd 8
Martin-Iggy 10-12
Marion 8
Dirk 18-20
Terry 10 (2011-12 5mio)

Even with Sammy you have then "just" 75mio and you just need some 1mio vets more to fill the roster.

Last edited by sefant77; 01-30-2010 at 06:24 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #168
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Oh well, we'll have Lebron in a few months for DUST+Josh+Najera
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #169
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
Iggy/Dalembert for Josh/Gooden/Carroll and maybe Barea sounds like a no-brainer.
That would seem like an absolute no-brainer dream scenario. I do not know much about Dalmebert but he certainly looks like a very viable replacement for Gortat but at a whole lotta mo' money.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #170
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I also expect that the dirkster is willing to take a pretty handsome pay cut if he comes out this season and there's iggy/dalembert on the team while waiting for another great player.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #171
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
That would seem like an absolute no-brainer dream scenario. I do not know much about Dalmebert but he certainly looks like a very viable replacement for Gortat but at a whole lotta mo' money.
I believe it would be, too. What I like specifically about that deal is that we'd trade the same amount of players with the same position. Iggy would take Josh's place and clearly improve us while Dalembert would take Gooden's role and probably be just as good, if not better, at least defensively. In addition, Dalembert's contract expires in 2011, so a year from now we'd have another massive expiring contract to use. The DUST chip would still be intact to use it this summer, on its own or with the necessary filler material depending on the needs.

Another aspect is that, presuming Damp will be back after being cut by the other team, we'd have a center combination of Damp/Dalembert for 2010/2011 which would somewhat allow us to go for the best available player with the DUST chip and not the one we need the most, e.g. a center. That would be a nice bonus.

As far as the rumored deal with Sacramento is concerned, doing something like Josh/Gooden/JJB for Martin/Nocioni would clearly improve us at the 2/3 positions, but we'd lose our backup 1 and 5. Who would be our guys for those positions then? Singleton, Najera or even Dirk as center? One way or the other, it wouldn't be promising to say the least. JJB has been heavily criticized recently, but he's still useful every now and then and not as bad a backup as some say he is. As much as I enjoy seeing Beaubois on the court, I don't think that he's ready to be backup point guard on a contender.

Long stories short, I think that a Iggy/Dalembert for Josh/Gooden/Carroll deal is almost as good as it gets right now and would improve us without weakening our bench in any way. The DUST chip would still be in place and next year we'd have another huge expiring thanks to Dalembert.

Would this have to be the move? Clearly not. It would be the first step in our two-step dance to championship glory (hopefully).

Would it be expensive? Clearly yes, but we have to be "generous" anyway since there's probably no other way to significantly improve our team. And, as mentioned before, if it could be reasonably explained to Dirk after all those important trades that it would help financially if he opted out and signed for, say, $12-15 million instead of $20+ million, he would probably do it.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #172
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Ultimately when your worth 2.xx billion dollars the money is not an issue, but I'm sure Cubes doesn't want to feel like the owner who spends the most money who has nothing to show for it. I can understand that if I was in his position. I think that's been his position all along, he'll spend money when it makes sense. Of course there are going to be times when many of us forum posters feel it does make sense when maybe he and Donnie don't. As far as Dalembert I seem to recall the MBT not being big on him in the past, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 01-30-2010 at 09:54 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:20 AM   #173
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

it's possible that when the MBT has said they wouldn't take on Dalembert's salary they're really saying "we're not giving you Roddy,1st rd picks or Calathes, in fact we like Kevin Martin better." we'll see how this shakes out but it's all about positioning for the best deal. maybe secretly they'd be thrilled to have Dalembert and Iggy. it does fill two needs at once. we're keeping the Dust Chip and Roddy for sure. temas will realize that soon enough.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:21 AM   #174
dalger
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Ultimately when your worth 2.xx billion dollars the money is not an issue, but I'm sure Cubes doesn't want to feel like the owner who spends the most money who has nothing to show for it. I can understand that if I was in his position. I think that's been his position all along, he'll spend money when it makes sense. Of course there are going to be times when many of us forum posters feel it does make sense when maybe he and Donnie don't. As far as Dalembert I seem to recall the MBT not being big on him in the past, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
I agree that we should only spend money when it's reasonable, even though it's impossible to look into the future and judge a player's value before he actually plays for your team. With that said, a lot of other teams' fans, despite showing their dislike for Cuban, would probably love to have that kind of an owner who is willing to do whatever it takes to win a championship. Even if it didn't work out after spending a lot of money, Cuban could still say that he tried as hard as he could to make a championship happen (which would be very respectable in my book). That's all we can ask for, and that's all any fan of any team can ask for. I'd much rather fail after trying than fail after not trying.

Iggy's contract is huge, but he has qualities that could certainly help us. Dalembert's contract is big as well, but it runs out in 18 months and could probably be used in a trade as soon as next February. It's not a lifetime commitment. Not to mention that it doesn't hurt our financial flexibility anyway since we're not even close to being under the cap in the foreseeable future.

With Josh and Damp's expiring contracts, it might really come down to how much Cuban is willing to spend his money.

Last edited by dalger; 01-31-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:24 AM   #175
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Iggy's contract is long-term ... but I think he is completely worth the amount of money he is getting paid right now (~ 12 mill). When you consider someone like Josh is getting close to 11 million, Iggy is a completely bargain at that price.

Dalembert's contract is not bad at all considering it will expire for 2011, giving us flexibility to get a good free agent at that time as well. I really believe for this summer, having the DUST chip and Najera will be enough financially for a S&T.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #176
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
This. I would be beyond happy if we made this trade. We ship out 2 horrible players, Barea and Josh, and keep the DUST chip.
I agree completely.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:45 AM   #177
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
it's possible that when the MBT has said they wouldn't take on Dalembert's salary they're really saying "we're not giving you Roddy,1st rd picks or Calathes, in fact we like Kevin Martin better." we'll see how this shakes out but it's all about positioning for the best deal. maybe secretly they'd be thrilled to have Dalembert and Iggy. it does fill two needs at once. we're keeping the Dust Chip and Roddy for sure. temas will realize that soon enough.
I hope you're right with this--the Mavs are just trying not to get fleeced as they have in the past. I mean, even at the time, but especially in hindsight, is there anyone who doesn't think the only real problem with the Kidd for Devin deal was the two first-rounders?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:18 AM   #178
dayman

dayman will become famous soon enough

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...tim&id=4873941

The front office will keep working the phones. ESPNDallas reported earlier this week that the Mavs are "looking very hard" at their options, according to a source. That's what president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson always does at this time of year, with the trade deadline in less than three weeks.

However, Cuban said he doesn't see any bargains in the trade market at the moment, so he doesn't like the odds of making a blockbuster deal. Carlisle recognizes that trade talk will be prevalent until Feb. 18, but he isn't counting on help coming from elsewhere.

"Rarely do they happen. Rarely does anything come to fruition," Carlisle said. "We have a good enough team to be a contender. But right now, we've got to sort of shift our thinking and we've got to recommit to defense."

Cuban hopes that the Mavs can put the $2.4 million trade exception they created in the recent cost-cutting deal with the New Jersey Nets to use. The ideal situation for the Mavs would be to use that exception to help facilitate a deal between two other teams and acquire a talented young player to add to their bench for the trouble.

wow..........
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us...... It's science.
dayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:36 PM   #179
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

saw a little article on real gm about cuban saying hes not lookin for a big trade..and that theirs no bargains out there...

its clear the mavs are after that pau gasol type trade..

meaning nothing will go down and itll be another 2nd round loss..at best

which blows hard. i am startin to see a better possibility of landin iggy than k mart, tho...
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #180
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

id also like to add that donnie nelson jr is the worst. hes done nothing good for the organization..i bet donnie sr is behind this bullshit.

this cowboy doucher doesnt belong in this business.

every year its the same shit...when will it end....
Old 01-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #181
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayman View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...tim&id=4873941

The front office will keep working the phones. ESPNDallas reported earlier this week that the Mavs are "looking very hard" at their options, according to a source. That's what president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson always does at this time of year, with the trade deadline in less than three weeks.

However, Cuban said he doesn't see any bargains in the trade market at the moment, so he doesn't like the odds of making a blockbuster deal. Carlisle recognizes that trade talk will be prevalent until Feb. 18, but he isn't counting on help coming from elsewhere.

"Rarely do they happen. Rarely does anything come to fruition," Carlisle said. "We have a good enough team to be a contender. But right now, we've got to sort of shift our thinking and we've got to recommit to defense."

Cuban hopes that the Mavs can put the $2.4 million trade exception they created in the recent cost-cutting deal with the New Jersey Nets to use. The ideal situation for the Mavs would be to use that exception to help facilitate a deal between two other teams and acquire a talented young player to add to their bench for the trouble.

wow..........

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #182
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL9JZ5D_NYA

Made a video about this years trade deadlines. Please lemme know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:22 PM   #183
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Cavs and Iggy
Since the season started, the Cavaliers have been linked to a seemingly endless string of names in the trade market, the below-the-surface entity that dominates front offices these days and obsesses fans.

First there was Stephen Jackson, a player the Cavs tried and failed to acquire from Golden State in November. Then it was Troy Murphy and Antawn Jamison, two good-shooting big men who are still very much in play but seem increasingly unlikely. It was followed by Amare Stoudemire, where the teams had talked but the interest wasn't true.

Now comes the next, Andre Iguodala, the current Philadelphia 76ers franchise player who was regarded as untouchable just a year ago but is now the centerpiece of a salary-cap hamstrung team only staying out of last place because of the New Jersey Nets.

First come the facts. According to several league sources, the Cavs and Sixers have been in talks about Iguodala. The talks remain open and it is still possible the Cavs could trade for him, contrary to other reports at the end of the last week. At this point, however, the two sides are just in discussion and have not progressed to the serious stage.

Iguodala and the Cavs? It is complex, to be sure. But it is also quite possible.
So Cleveland is going balls to the wall and doing everything to win a ring for their star. I commend them for better or for worse, they always do something to try and improve. I. E Mo williams, Shaq, and even if it fails they try and try and try. And now they pursue Iggy. just great. But we dream of Lebron coming to dallas, ok.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:03 PM   #184
mavsfan4lyfe201

ive lost all confidence in this team trying to improve. donnie nelson jr is a horrible GM. he knows shit about business. once they fire him then maybe we can get something done.

im starting to wonder if the fued between nelson sr and cuban effects this...cause this is horrible, i dont know what their thinking, but not making a move is a 2nd round loss at best.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:10 PM   #185
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4lyfe201 View Post
saw a little article on real gm about cuban saying hes not lookin for a big trade..and that theirs no bargains out there...

its clear the mavs are after that pau gasol type trade..

meaning nothing will go down and itll be another 2nd round loss..at best

which blows hard. i am startin to see a better possibility of landin iggy than k mart, tho...
Quote:
id also like to add that donnie nelson jr is the worst. hes done nothing good for the organization..i bet donnie sr is behind this bullshit.

this cowboy doucher doesnt belong in this business.

every year its the same shit...when will it end....
Quote:
ive lost all confidence in this team trying to improve. donnie nelson jr is a horrible GM. he knows shit about business. once they fire him then maybe we can get something done.

im starting to wonder if the fued between nelson sr and cuban effects this...cause this is horrible, i dont know what their thinking, but not making a move is a 2nd round loss at best.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-31-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:18 PM   #186
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I guess the only real question is will the mavs have cap space with Dirk to add an iimpact free agent. Will there be any 9 or 10 million dollar superstars aka Boozer or a cut Gilbert Arenas.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:27 AM   #187
Maverick4124

Maverick4124 is on a distinguished road

Im sure Dirk would take some kind of paycut if he knew that he would have a legit chance to win the Ship with any players coming in. He's in his prime right now, and has accomplished a lot already. MVP, best Euro to play in NBA, Hall-of-Famer, All-League teams, etc. What's missing? A ring.
Maverick4124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #188
Maverick4124

Maverick4124 is on a distinguished road

Mavs still interested in AI2 and Martin, not Butler really anymore.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...red_on_butler/
Maverick4124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #189
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Dalmation's proposal of Howard / Carroll / JJB / Gooden for Iggy / Brand seems to be the best idea out there. I think Philly would jump at that, too. Hopefully we can get something done.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #190
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick4124 View Post
Mavs still interested in AI2 and Martin, not Butler really anymore.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...red_on_butler/
Who is AI2?
Old 02-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #191
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Allen Iverson = AI
Andre Iguadala = AI2

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 02-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #192
mavsfan4lyfe201

butler was a silly idea all along, weve got marion locked up for 5 years..

i read a rumor that phoenix is in talks for an amare for iggy/dalembert swap..

if somethin like this happens i will lose my shit, if one of our rivals lands a guy were after.

only a few weeks left..really not expectin anythin to go down now, and a rough playoffs.

...unless we land one of the 2 SG's were after.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #193
themaverickfan708

themaverickfan708 is infamous around these parts

If we can pull this trade off we would be the best in the nba.

Mavs get:
Chris Kaman
Andre Igoudala

Clippers Get:
Erick Dampier

Philly Gets:
Josh Howard
JJ Barea
Rights to Nick Calathes + cash (Philly said they'd only make the deal for talent)

This would make the mavs the best team in the nba but the availability of Kaman is the question. Anyway this would be the lineup:

Kidd/Roddy
Igoudala/Terry/Carroll
Marion/Ross
Nowitzki/Thomas/Singleton/Najera
Kaman/Gooden
themaverickfan708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 AM   #194
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I read that Houston just dont want to take Dalembert AND is asking additional young talent, probably just too much for the Sixers.
Well, Houston is back in the trade talks for Iguodala just recently (after supposedly being out for a couple of days).

As a fan of another team looking in, I don't think Dallas will have enough to get Iguodala. Philly is looking for young talent and cap relief. Dallas can provide the cap relief, but not the young talent. I think Dallas should go after Butler instead. But with Marion there, probably not enough room. Though, I could see Dallas getting away with not giving up young talent if they take back Brand, but that's a ton of money. Should be an interesting two weeks. Would be very anti-climatic if nothing happens at all.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 02-05-2010 at 02:35 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #195
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Well, Houston is back in the trade talks for Iguodala just recently (after supposedly being out for a couple of days).

As a fan of another team looking in, I don't think Dallas will have enough to get Iguodala. Philly is looking for young talent and cap relief. Dallas can provide the cap relief, but not the young talent. I think Dallas should go after Butler instead. But with Marion there, probably not enough room. Though, I could see Dallas getting away with not giving up young talent if they take back Brand, but that's a ton of money. Should be an interesting two weeks. Would be very anti-climatic if nothing happens at all.
If it's Iggy/Dally we're talking about Houston has the most to offer but I think what it's coming down to is Philly wants to package Iggy with Brand and possibly even Dalembert as well. I don't see Houston being willing to do that, I could see Mark doing it for Dallas and there probably really isn't much competition for us if that's what it's going to take.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 02-05-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #196
mavsfan4lyfe201

hopefully after losin by 9 to the wolves...at home

the mavs make a move.

i was hesitant on adding dally just to get iggy..

now i say do it as long as roddy isnt included.

i mean who are we gettin this summer for the dust chip? lbj, bosh, johnson..

those are the only names i see comin here..and i really think bosh is the big fish cuban goes after..

anyway i see kidd makin dally better..

iggy is one of the best fits we can get..other than the elite players who well never get

if were the first team to make a move in the west itll be for the best..if the suns land iggy..cubans gonna give up even more to hellp the mavs..
Old 02-06-2010, 10:21 PM   #197
toby451

toby451 will become famous soon enough

All for the Josh + Carroll + Gooden + JJB for Iguodala + Brand package. I dont think Dallas has the pieces to win the Iguodala + Dalembert sweepstakes (without giving up Roddy or Dampier), but if Cubes takes on Brand, I see it happening over ASB weekend.

No reason to for Mark to get cheap now. If you want LeBron to come here, show him you really want to win. Dirk only has a few great years left, put some real talent around him for once.
toby451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #198
mavsfan4lyfe201

we cant get lebron if we take on iggy and brand

im prety sure wed be way over the tax...but wed have a nasty team for sure..

and if lbj doesnt win this year, hed get a ring here in dallas in 2011
Old 02-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #199
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Dude, you're dreaming. LeBron won't come to Dallas so don't hold your breath.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:27 AM   #200
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

I think it's a pipe dream to get lebron in here. But cubes could easily do it with the dampier chip, so it's not an economic problem except for paying a crapload of money.

It would be interesting wouldn't it however. To have a team with dirk, brand, andre, jkiddo, jet, roddy, shawn, ?? to entice Lebron with. Hmm...