Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-30-2004, 10:43 PM   #161
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavericks vs. Spurs Gameday Thread

The Mavs get very little respect from the refs.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2004, 10:43 PM   #162
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Mavericks vs. Spurs Gameday Thread

Since when did kidd ever have a bad jump shot? It can't be worse then what we have now. I'll take kidds penetration, speed and passing any day of the week at this point.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:44 PM   #163
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

How bout we trade back for A. Walker. Tonight's line 36pts. 13 rbs.4as. Walker=Dominant!

"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:44 PM   #164
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I'm not sure where the Mavs think they are going with Dirk guarding Duncan. Dirk's got 4 fouls. Get Henderson or Booth in there to guard Duncan.
the big thing is this.....Dirk had played almost all of the game when he went out with about 12 seconds left in the third. But, the Mavs were unable to hold ground with Dirk out of the game so he had to come almost immediately back in early in the 4th with virtually no rest. So, he went from being 'on' to being dead tired.

You can't count on one person to be THE rebounder, to be THE guy guarding Duncan, and to be THE scorer. Someone had to step up and help, but it really didn't come for the majority of the game.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:44 PM   #165
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

at least stack isnt a crawford

7-28 from field and 2-12 from three in knicks win
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:45 PM   #166
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

The last 5 mins of this game has looked like a bad pick up game.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:45 PM   #167
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: The Crippler
its about time to get Kidd back in here...
who is he going to pass to? Dirk? They'll still double him...and you don't have to respect Kidd's jumper...
You can't respect any player on this teams jumper other than Dirk whose been struggling to make any jumpers since his return. This team needs to figure out what it's going to do with the point guard position. They need to figure out if they are going to start Harris or Terry and make up their mind.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:45 PM   #168
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Lets face it. The West is tough this year.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:45 PM   #169
bloodyhell

Another thing, we're not boxing out on D at all.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:47 PM   #170
cheesestar
Golden Member

scrubs time to shine
Old 11-30-2004, 10:48 PM   #171
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: bloodyhell
Since when did kidd ever have a bad jump shot?
His entire career. He's a career 40.2% shooter from the field and a 32.5% shooter from beyond the arc. Last year, his FG% and FT% were worse than his career numbers.
Quote:
It can't be worse then what we have now. I'll take kidds penetration, speed and passing any day of the week at this point.
Yes, I'd like to have his penetration, speed and passing as well...But is it a sure thing that he still has all of that after the surgery?

Old 11-30-2004, 10:48 PM   #172
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Offensively the Mavs can be fine if they would just believe in passing.

There is no question that this is Dirk's team. The sad part is this team also wants Dirk to do everything at times. No matter how good Dirk is he can't "grab a defensive board, pass it to himself, run up the court, run a pick and roll to himself, and pass it back and score."

Players can't dribble so much and they have to pass it to players believing that the next player has a better shot.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:49 PM   #173
cheesestar
Golden Member

stack is worthless

i bet SA wouldnt take him for udrih or whatever
Old 11-30-2004, 10:51 PM   #174
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

This so called frontcourt depth isn't getting us anywhere. We need quality back up centers, not quantity. You can have 5 back up centers, and if none of them defend, they still are going to score.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:52 PM   #175
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: The Crippler
its about time to get Kidd back in here...
who is he going to pass to? Dirk? They'll still double him...and you don't have to respect Kidd's jumper...
You can't respect any player on this teams jumper other than Dirk whose been struggling to make any jumpers since his return. This team needs to figure out what it's going to do with the point guard position. They need to figure out if they are going to start Harris or Terry and make up their mind.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 10:54 PM   #176
Redbug

Redbug is on a distinguished road

man this is disheartening.....not just losing....it's like the spurs are bellylaughing beneath their smirks.....

the Mavs just play like a bunch of p*ssies sometimes...with Dirk being the main culprit....Duncan forearm shoves Dirk underneath the bucket...gets the O-Board and drops it in....JUST ONCE I WISH DIRK WOULD SEND A FOREARM UPSIDE DUNCANS JAW and see if he can't break it into a few pieces and loosen a few chicklets....damn....Terry, Howard...and Stack a little are trying to mix it up late...WAY TOO LATE....Mavs gotta grow a pair and retaliate like Fin on Bowen last year....they miss Fin....too many guys just jogging around just picking up a paycheck....
Redbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:54 PM   #177
pouya

pouya is on a distinguished road

Let's face it guys. With our current team there is no way we can beat San Antonio in a 7 game series. We might be able to get past Sacramento, Minnesota, Phoenix, Seattle, etc. but no way against spurs.

We don't have a good point guard. Harris is a rookie and makes way too many mistakes. Terry just can't distribute. Dampier is lazy, as some predicted he'd be after signing the contract. We have zero chemistry.

Even if we trade for Kidd, we're not gonna be better than Spurs. They are simply too good on defense. They have briliant chemistry. They've been playing with eachother for ages. The only thing hindering Spurs the last several seasons has been Shaq. Without Shaq in this conference, i'm pretty sure the Spurs are a lock for Finals.

However, in order to be the second best team, we really need to decide on the point gaurd issue. If it were up to me I'd start Terry, Finley, Howard, Nowitzki, Dampier. We can also trade Stackhouse for something better than garbage.
pouya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:56 PM   #178
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

We definitely need Finley back.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:56 PM   #179
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Since when did kidd ever have a bad jump shot?
His entire career. He's a career 40.2% shooter from the field and a 32.5% shooter from beyond the arc. Last year, his FG% and FT% were worse than his career numbers.
Quote:
It can't be worse then what we have now. I'll take kidds penetration, speed and passing any day of the week at this point.
Yes, I'd like to have his penetration, speed and passing as well...But is it a sure thing that he still has all of that after the surgery?

Its a legitamate question, but if healthy he on his own would get more assts than the entire Mav team.

Its really embarrising how bad the point guard play for the Mavs is, and untill it improves significantly the Mavs have no shot at any really good team.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:59 PM   #180
Turkey
Banned

Turkey can only hope to improve

Not really a bad game. Duck got 13 rb and had 4 asts.
All in all a good game for him.
We just no know where the future of this franchises is heading.
Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:00 PM   #181
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure where the Mavs think they are going with Dirk guarding Duncan. Dirk's got 4 fouls. Get Henderson or Booth in there to guard Duncan.
the big thing is this.....Dirk had played almost all of the game when he went out with about 12 seconds left in the third. But, the Mavs were unable to hold ground with Dirk out of the game so he had to come almost immediately back in early in the 4th with virtually no rest. So, he went from being 'on' to being dead tired.

You can't count on one person to be THE rebounder, to be THE guy guarding Duncan, and to be THE scorer. Someone had to step up and help, but it really didn't come for the majority of the game.
Why can't I count on Dirk to be our leading rebounder, scorer and the one who guards Duncan? Isn't that what Garnett and Duncan do? Their teams count on them to do the same exact thing we count on Dirk to do for us. And to be honest I could've sworn I saw Dirk handling Nesto alot in the 2nd quarter and some in the 3rd quarter. We need a pg. It's a bad sign when Dirk leads our team in assists. Not sure if he did that tonight but I wouldn't be surprised if he did since he had 4 assists at the beginning of the 4th. This team doesn't play well with Dirk having the ball in his hands. When Dirk gets the ball he should either be going for a dunk or shooting a jumper. We need a pg to run this offense. Coming into this season I was told Terry would be doing so. I have yet to see Terry even given the chance. I'm not sure if this team knows exactly what it wants to do right now. Are we a run and gun team or a half court team? Our we going to run the offense through Dirk or a pg? Is Terry our starting point guard or Harris? We have no indentity at all.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 11:01 PM   #182
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lose 89-107:

Howard (42) 7-15, 0-1, 3-5, 17pts, 4rbs, 3tos, 1blk

Dirk (41) 7-17, 1-1, 6-6, 21pts, 13rbs, 4as, 5tos, 1stl

Dampier (27) 3-4, 0-2, 6pts, 5rbs, 5tos

Daniels (31) 6-10, 3-4, 15pts, 6rbs, 1as, 2tos

Harris (17) 1-5, 2-2, 4pts, 1as, 2tos

Terry (26) 4-8, 0-3, 2-2, 10pts, 4rbs, 3as, 3tos, 1stl

Stackhouse (35) 1-8, 4-4, 6pts, 6rbs, 1as, 1to, 1stl, 1blk

Henderson (8) 2-3, 0-1, 4pts, 4rbs

Booth (9) 0-1, 1-2, 1pt, 2rbs, 3blks

Dickau (3) 1-1, 1-1, 2-3, 5pts

MBenga (1) 1rb, 1to
Old 11-30-2004, 11:03 PM   #183
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

There's no need to bash Dampier. He's one of the last reasons we lost tonight. When you have a mid-range shooter in Rasho, and Duncan who starts his penetration from mid-range, it's hard for a post defender in Dampier to match up. I'm surprise Mavs fans of all people don't pick up to this as Raef did it to Shaq everytime.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:05 PM   #184
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Looking at the stats you would think what killed the Mavs is is just turnovers. Damn do we need a pg.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 11:08 PM   #185
bloodyhell

Old 11-30-2004, 11:09 PM   #186
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Turkey
Not really a bad game. Duck got 13 rb and had 4 asts.
All in all a good game for him.
We just no know where the future of this franchises is heading.
I wouldn't necessarily call 4 assists on 5 turnovers good for him. His rebounding is the only thing stopping me from really bashing him tonight. It's hard to harp on him for the 13 boards he grabbed tonight. MFF brought this up last time but since Dirk has returned he's really having consistent bad shooting nights.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 11:12 PM   #187
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:

I've also noticed that. No one on this team boxes out. I assumed we don't box out in the NBA anymore. Malik Rose sure does make a helluva living doing so.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 11:14 PM   #188
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Mavs actually shot 44% just too many turnovers and letting the spurs shoot 47%. We needed Finley on the 3 point line to open things up.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:15 PM   #189
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

I blame the coaching for this game. I just don't understand the substitutions for the Mavericks this year. It is like the coaches have no clue what matchups will work and what will not. And they don't seem to be able to see what is happening ON the court during a game, and respond by playing the best players for each situation. I think Booth should have gotten more minutes tonight. He seemed to play very effectively when he was in the game, yet for the coaches, for some odd reason don't seem to see that.
Jerry Stackhouse was horrible tonight. There is just no excuse for playing as out of control as he seems at times. I'm probably knee jerking, but I'm starting to get sick of seeing him with the ball.
Is marquis' ankle ever going to heal? How come the there doesn't seem to be any information whatsoever other than his ankle is bothering him? I'm just so annoyed by this game right now.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:19 PM   #190
Bayliss

Quote:
Why can't I count on Dirk to be our leading rebounder, scorer and the one who guards Duncan? Isn't that what Garnett and Duncan do?
Duncan and Garnett rarely guard Dirk. All night Dirk was guarded by:

Bowen/Brown/Horry/Rose. Duncan was freed up to protect the rim. Much easier doing that than guarding someone "straight up."
Old 11-30-2004, 11:20 PM   #191
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: bcrav4
Mavs actually shot 44% just too many turnovers and letting the spurs shoot 47%. We needed Finley on the 3 point line to open things up.

very true. Way too many turnovers. It was sickening.

The mavs could definitely use finley back both for another healthy body and for his shooting.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:24 PM   #192
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why can't I count on Dirk to be our leading rebounder, scorer and the one who guards Duncan? Isn't that what Garnett and Duncan do? Their teams count on them to do the same exact thing we count on Dirk to do for us. And to be honest I could've sworn I saw Dirk handling Nesto alot in the 2nd quarter and some in the 3rd quarter. We need a pg. It's a bad sign when Dirk leads our team in assists. Not sure if he did that tonight but I wouldn't be surprised if he did since he had 4 assists at the beginning of the 4th. This team doesn't play well with Dirk having the ball in his hands. When Dirk gets the ball he should either be going for a dunk or shooting a jumper. We need a pg to run this offense. Coming into this season I was told Terry would be doing so. I have yet to see Terry even given the chance. I'm not sure if this team knows exactly what it wants to do right now. Are we a run and gun team or a half court team? Our we going to run the offense through Dirk or a pg? Is Terry our starting point guard or Harris? We have no indentity at all.

Duncan rarely guards Dirk. Garnett rarely guards Dirk. Duncan rarely guards TD and vice versa.

So yeah, you can count on Dirk to be the leading rebounder, scorer and the guy who guards Duncan but at some point you have to give the guy a break. When you give the guy a rest, the other players on the team have to hold together so that the break isn't cut short after about a minute of play.

With that being said, dirk doesn't get a free pass tonight. He played a mediocre game. Yes, three of hte TO's weren't his fault by any means (the traveling call by the official and the charge call were nothing short of horrendous and then Howard just wasn't paying attention when Dirk almost drilled him in the head with a pass)..but 5 TO's is too many. Plus, he didn't attack the rim enough in the 4th. It's hard to fault him for taking jumpers when he finally did get an open look, but take the ball to the rack if it's there.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:27 PM   #193
pouya

pouya is on a distinguished road

OMG! Look at Falker's stats: 36 p 13 b

We need a point guard right?? Let's trade JT back to Atlanta for Walker. Then we'll play point forward

Walker
Finley
Howard
Dirk
Damp

BTW, why is Damp so bad at free throw shooting!! Hopefully others won't start doing Slap-A-Damp

EDIT: actually i don't want him back? You know why Atlanta lost 110-109?? well...

Nazr Mohammed fouled Antoine Walker with 2 seconds left, but Walker -- who scored a season-high 36 points -- missed the first free throw. Following a timeout, Walker made the second free throw despite trying to intentionally miss the shot. The Knicks then inbounded and ran out the clock.

He is STILL dumb!
pouya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:32 PM   #194
basketball jonessss

basketball jonessss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: pouya
OMG! Look at Falker's stats: 36 p 13 b

We need a point guard right?? Let's trade JT back to Atlanta for Walker. Then we'll play point forward

Walker
Finley
Howard
Dirk
Damp

BTW, why is Damp so bad at free throw shooting!! Hopefully others won't start doing Slap-A-Damp

EDIT: actually i don't want him back? You know why Atlanta lost 110-109?? well...

Nazr Mohammed fouled Antoine Walker with 2 seconds left, but Walker -- who scored a season-high 36 points -- missed the first free throw. Following a timeout, Walker made the second free throw despite trying to intentionally miss the shot. The Knicks then inbounded and ran out the clock.

He is STILL dumb!
Not a chance seeing Walker again. I would prefer

Nash
Finley
Dirk
Fortson
Bradley

Play D, and dominate the boards. Get Dirk lots of shots.

Old 11-30-2004, 11:33 PM   #195
bloodyhell

Let's face it guys. We don't have the talent. dirk and fin and maybe some players that have "potential" howard, daniels, etc. etc. but NON ONE of them is consistant. I'd personally rather have a team of euros out there mixing it up physically and totally confusing the spurs. Give me a denis marconato or robebrt javtokas at the center. A giacomo galanda to back up dirk. A fearlelss sarunas jasikevicius or arvydas macijauskas to penetrate the spurs defense and dish out or hit threes all night.

Let's face it, Our team is not that great. Even if we gel, we are still not that great. The spurs have proven that having a mixed team of good international players can do wonders. Heck I'd take alexander kuehl at this point just for his defense and athleticism. 7'2 300 lbs and moves like a sf, sign him up.
It can't get worse then what we have. And i firmley believe it's not just a bad streak we're on. We NEED better players who will go out there and literally rape the spurs and it they don't rape the spurs they will at least get physical and bully them around on defense.
We need some mean and intense players. Dirk and finley will click once we get a good point guard to set evrything up and once we get some mean and rough people under tha basket. Sorry but damp is not cuting it. i like him a lot but he'd be better as backup at this point. he's not out there killing it. like he should be

Old 11-30-2004, 11:37 PM   #196
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Give me a denis marconato or robebrt javtokas at the center.
Actually, the Spurs have the rights to Javtokas. They drafted him several years ago, before he had the motorcycle accident.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:42 PM   #197
bloodyhell

>Actually, the Spurs have the rights to Javtokas. They drafted him several years ago, before he had the motorcycle accident.

Damn! Their scouting is unbelievable. They have the rights to scola as well I beleive. I wish donnie would get on the ball again. We need an immediate impact player and soon.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:46 PM   #198
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

That was an arse-whipping of epic porportions.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:46 PM   #199
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

If Daniels and Finley are 100% we would truly have a chance, BUT, again, blame Cuban for letting Nash go. What a bone-headed decision. Could you imagine what this team would be doing if we had kept Nash and developed Harris and our defense? We'd be leading the league. If we had an inside presence and a couple of perimeter defenders to compliment Nash, we'd be going to the finals. As it stands now, we're looking at another 1st round exit.

Where are you EL? I thought that we were going to be so much better without Nash?
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:53 PM   #200
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs...

- Didn't get dirk good looks and didn't get him low enough in the blocks against smaller players.
- Dirk looked tentative on his shot out there. He seemed to be falling away too much against those guys. Maybe scared of an ankle-roll.
- Dallas let san antonio fast-break the hell out of them. I couldn't tell who was NOT getting back, but they has 27fast break points, ridiculous. My thinking is that the guards were too damn busy playing offense to stay back.
- Our PG play was really sad.
- Stackhouse is a black hole on offense. Everyone stands around watching him shoot it.
- Someone needs to help dirk figure out how to get position against smaller guys, he doesn't shield them off for passes well imo.
- Damp had another very tentative game, poor.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote