Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-20-2006, 11:54 PM   #1
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of
Default Condolesences from your friend in San Antonio..

Dear Mav fans,

I am really sorry this did not turn out for you the way that we all anticipated. From the time that you beat my Spurs, I came over here to give props to the Mavs and to encourage you all as you go through the playoffs.

I know that your team is really hurting right now. So is AJ.

Allow them to be human--they will be back. Your team is so talented and young--you gave nothing but fits to the Spurs, who must now try to find out in the off-season how to match up better with you guys in post-season play.

It was a great ride--and it will occur again. That's the great thing about the NBA. We all have next year to look forward to.

Best wishes...

BSR
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2006, 11:58 PM   #2
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Thanks a lot. I have a feeling our teams are going to be seeing a lot of each other in important games over the next few years.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:58 PM   #3
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

thank you bsr. it's nice to hear that from a true nba fan such as yourself. here's to a healthy rivalry between our two clubs.

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:58 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice post. Thanks.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:02 AM   #5
MavsGirl4142

MavsGirl4142 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Big Shot Rob. You are a really classy person for saying that. Here's to the two best teams in the West and in Texas.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:04 AM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

This kinda smells to me like one of those two times the Rockets manage to spurt past the Lakers to get to the finals in the '80s.

I'm so beat down from being a lifelong Mavs/Rangers fan, I just don't take anything for granted. If San Antonio manages to reload at all (instead of relying on Finley/Barry/Horry types), then the Mavs are going to have to work hard to find another gear.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:09 AM   #7
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

I think there will be alot of changes--the defeat to the Mavs proved to Pop and RC Buford that we need some different pieces to stay competitive with the Mavs.

We have a great rivalry. From now on, I am going to root for the Mavs (unless of course they are playing the Spurs).

Try not to let this bother you too long--your team will grow so much after this season's playoff run sinks in.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:09 AM   #8
EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura aboutEastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura about

Thank you sir.
EastDallasCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:10 AM   #9
auffe34

auffe34 will become famous soon enough

Thanks
auffe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:18 AM   #10
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

hey i think mary is a pretty big slut, shell give you a blow job for this post BSR...

but seriously thanks...i wish yall were here to beat this piece of shit heat team.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:07 AM   #11
Strokepod

Strokepod is on a distinguished road

mavsgirl, here are to the best two teams in Texas, and the N.B.A.
Strokepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:50 AM   #12
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Big Shot Rob, you are a good stick and a snappy dresser.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:59 AM   #13
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Thanks Rob, but we also have changes to make. And when we do, I don't see any team coming close to taking us down. But if we don't make changes, then we must rely on Josh and Devin to become consistant outside shooters and better passers. But your post was nice and sincere...Thanks
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:02 AM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who is insulted by BSR's fake empathy? Get lost, dude!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:08 AM   #15
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough
Wink

chumdawg-dizzle-mah-nizzle...calm, calm urself. its obvious he just wants to be a mavs fan...
Wink

Last edited by pickupyonuts; 06-21-2006 at 03:09 AM.
pickupyonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:57 AM   #16
sly
Banned

sly can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
That's the great thing about the NBA. We all have next year to look forward to.

Best wishes...

BSR
Something tells me there will be fewer watching nexxt year than this year.

I wonder why.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I was quick to bash him when he first got here because we were still in the spurs series, but I don't think this thread was a stab. He's been fairly consistent over time. I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt here and believe him to be sincere.

Yeah...he's a Spurs fan but we all have our crosses to bear right?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #18
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
looks like it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote