Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-08-2003, 01:30 AM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default No Genocide in Iraq say Dean

That Dean think people are stupid, and he can say anything. So Clinton was right to send troops to Kosovo because of Genocide, but Bush was wrong to send troops to Iraq, because he was only a brutal dictator who by conservative estimates murdered about a million people during his bloody three decades. I guess that Saddam was an UN approved dictator, buddy-buddy with his dear friends the French, Germans and the Russians. I hate people who would rather trust the French, German and Russian than their own government.

--------------------------------------------------
Dean: Brutal Ruler Doesn't Justify Force
KATE McCANN
Associated Press

MANCHESTER, N.H. - Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean said Friday that the use of U.S. military force is not warranted simply because a nation is ruled by a despot.

The front-runner said he supported the war to oust the Taliban in Afghanistan, and backed President Clinton's decision to send troops to Bosnia and Kosovo during the 1990s because force is sometimes necessary to stop genocide.

That was not the case in Iraq, said Dean, a staunch opponent of the war.

"I do not believe force is justified simply because we think someone is a brutal dictator," he told about 1,000 high school students, a reference to former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein.

In July, Dean shrugged off the deaths of Saddam's two sons, Odai and Qusai, dismissing suggestions that it was a victory for the Bush administration.

"It's a victory for the Iraqi people ... but it doesn't have any effect on whether we should or shouldn't have had a war," Dean said. "I think in general the ends do not justify the means."

In addressing the students, Dean noted Friday's helicopter crash in Iraq, in which six U.S. soldiers were killed, and one Sunday that killed 16 Americans.

"All I ask from the president of the United States is they think carefully before sending young people and putting them in harm's way around the world," Dean said.

FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links