Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-17-2004, 04:55 PM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dallas Cowboys vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Gameday Thread!!!

I was suprised to see that no one had started this yet...

The game is already in progress so I wont make a point prediction; however, I think Dallas wins this game despite Newman's play up to this point... Shut down corner my ass...
Old 10-17-2004, 05:06 PM   #2
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE: Dallas Cowboys vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Gameday Thread!!!

The rookie QB and the steeler offense is having their way.

Newman looks like crap.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:08 PM   #3
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

field goal is good - we're down 7-10

There must be a lot of steeler fans in the house - they are loud.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:13 PM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

On that field goal drive Staley had a 20+ yard run right past Newman and Ward had a huge first down catch on him... I can't wait for someone to step up and give me the weekly crap of "Well, look at the BLAH BLAH game where BLAH BLAH lost his man - see it happens to the best of em!!!"

You guys know who you are and week after week you are going to run out of excuses!!!

Again, Im not saying Newman isn't VERY talented, but some of you need to stop drinking your homeraid!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 05:21 PM   #5
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Default RE:Dallas Cowboys vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Gameday Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
On that field goal drive Staley had a 20+ yard run right past Newman and Ward had a huge first down catch on him... I can't wait for someone to step up and give me the weekly crap of "Well, look at the BLAH BLAH game where BLAH BLAH lost his man - see it happens to the best of em!!!"

You guys know who you are and week after week you are going to run out of excuses!!!

Again, Im not saying Newman isn't VERY talented, but some of you need to stop drinking your homeraid!!!
This is why I hope we are in position to draft Antrel Rolle - Newman gambles too much!
Old 10-17-2004, 05:29 PM   #6
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Richie Anderson is the only guy playing worth a damn.

Will somebody please explain to me why Flozell is chronically offsides. Seriously, Parcells should have put a stop to this by now.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:38 PM   #7
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Flozell has been called for his share of holding too... Just a piss poor year up to this point regarding penalties for both offense and defense...

10-10 at halftime!
Old 10-17-2004, 05:53 PM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Newman strikes again... Just as the announcer said - "Newman NEVER looks for the football."

Come on Terrance!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 06:22 PM   #9
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

There are times that Vinny looks like the best QB in football... I am glad he is on target this afternoon!!!

20-10 Dallas!
Old 10-17-2004, 07:03 PM   #10
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

DAMMIT!!!! TURNOVER!!!

& a flag...

2:28 left!
Old 10-17-2004, 07:06 PM   #11
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Unbelievable!!! We are just trying to give this game away!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 07:19 PM   #12
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

We had a shot at the end, but it should have never come to that...

24-20 Pittsburgh...

We are getting a serious reputation for choking in the 2nd half!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 07:27 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

That's just our luck. This game changes on a fumble. I once again question what the hell is Parcells doing out there. This is not the Parcells i've grown accustomed to .

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:29 PM   #14
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

That horrible challenge came back to bite us in the ass. Whoever Bill has advising him on challenges needs to be fired!

Old 10-17-2004, 07:31 PM   #15
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Has he got one correct yet this year?
Old 10-17-2004, 07:34 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

"There are times that Vinny looks like the best QB in football"

And there are times when he looks inexperienced IMO. All I hear from Parcells is how he has great arm strength but Parcells won't let him throw it deep until the Cowboys are forced too.

1996-2005
Old 10-17-2004, 07:37 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
That horrible challenge came back to bite us in the ass. Whoever Bill has advising him on challenges needs to be fired!
I think whoever it is wants to get fired. I don't remember us getting a challenge right this year.

1996-2005
Old 10-17-2004, 07:50 PM   #18
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

season over. Bring on Romo.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:51 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
"There are times that Vinny looks like the best QB in football"

And there are times when he looks inexperienced IMO. All I hear from Parcells is how he has great arm strength but Parcells won't let him throw it deep until the Cowboys are forced too.
You bet your ass that is true... I remember when he threw those 3 picks against Cleveland in the second half and the look on his face was just unbelievable... Inconsistent is the best way to describe him...

DAMN IT... I am so mad over this loss... We had this win... 20-10 for Parcells in the 4th is a W 99% of the time...

DAMN IT!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 07:53 PM   #20
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Garcia throws 4 td passes today. Who cares. Bring on Romo.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:55 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

It's clear the fumble is what took this game away from us but I missed the replay. Did Vinny just fumble the ball? When I saw it live the fumble looked wierd.

1996-2005
Old 10-17-2004, 08:01 PM   #22
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

He hit his hand on Anderson's helmet, (the football hit his helmet that is, not his actual hand)...

Just a friggin fluke that happened against us yet again!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 08:02 PM   #23
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's clear the fumble is what took this game away from us but I missed the replay. Did Vinny just fumble the ball? When I saw it live the fumble looked wierd.
Richie Anderson ducked in front of Vinney to pick up the blitzing linebacker...Vinney pump faked with the ball and when he pulled it back, it hit the front of Anderson's shoulder.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:04 PM   #24
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Sorry, but I'm more interested in seeing Henson play this year.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:05 PM   #25
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Richie Anderson ducked in front of Vinney to pick up the blitzing linebacker...Vinney pump faked with the ball and when he pulled it back, it hit the front of Anderson's shoulder.
You sure it was his shoulder... I thought the replays and the announcers said it was his helmet!!!

Eh well, the bottom line is it was caused by the ball hitting Anderson!
Old 10-17-2004, 08:06 PM   #26
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Quote:
Not just yet as far as I am concerned...

Let Vinny run the show for a bit longer and let Henson get ready...

Turn it over to Henson late in the second half if things arent looking good then... Maybe week 12 or so...
Old 10-17-2004, 08:10 PM   #27
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Quote:
Not just yet as far as I am concerned...

Let Vinny run the show for a bit longer and let Henson get ready...

Turn it over to Henson late in the second half if things arent looking good then... Maybe week 12 or so...
I was responding to mavsfan wanting Romo to be the starting QB.

Actually, I would prefer it to be week 8 or 10.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:18 PM   #28
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

why henson when Romo could be better?
Old 10-17-2004, 08:29 PM   #29
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Because Romo is NOT this team's future... I don't care how much further he is than Henson, he will NOT lead this team to the promised land so do NOT waste time on his ass...

Maybe Henson turns out to be a bust too, but he is obviously this team's future as of now...
Old 10-17-2004, 08:30 PM   #30
capitalcity
Diamond Member

The initial idea was sit Henson unless there is no alternative - thus avoiding a performance clause in his deal.

I am wrong - do we not forfeit a draft pick to Houston if Henson plays this season - and/or owe additional monies to Drew?
Old 10-17-2004, 08:32 PM   #31
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
The initial idea was sit Henson unless there is no alternative - thus avoiding a performance clause in his deal.

I am wrong - do we not forfeit a draft pick to Houston if Henson plays this season - and/or owe additional monies to Drew?
Not sure about the money off hand, but Houston has our 3rd regardless of what Henson does.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:40 PM   #32
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity

Not sure about the money off hand, but Houston has our 3rd regardless of what Henson does.
What about the rest of the deal?
I was under the impression it was 'creative' to say the least.
Something like ...10 years with guaranteed money - plus *incentives to Drew and the Texans

*based on amount of starts in 2004 season
Old 10-17-2004, 08:46 PM   #33
dirno2000
Diamond Member

There would be incentives to Henson, but none to the Texans beyond the 3rd.

Quote:
The Dallas Cowboys and quarterback Drew Henson came to terms on a deal on Tuesday, with Henson signing his name to an eight-year contract so that the trade from the Houston Texans can take place.

Due to the rookie pool figure that the Texans have to work with, the contract is very “creative” and was delivered to the NFL Management Council yesterday for its approval.

The Texans will receive the Cowboys’ third-round draft selection in 2005 if the contract is approved.

The current Collective Bargaining Agreement ends in 2006. It states that contracts can run through 2009, but Henson's deal runs through 2011. Henson's agent, Tom Condon, spoke with the NFL Players' Association about a different structure on a contract and both parties believe the deal will be approved as written.

The Cowboys as well have consulted with league and NFL Players Association officials the past few days in an attempt to get a deal that will be approved.

The contact guarantees at least $3.5 million over the eight-year period, however if Henson plays in 15 percent of the snaps in 2004 he would receive the $3.5 million immediately and the contract would void to four years. If he plays in 70 percent of the plays in any of the first three seasons, he earns a $1 million escalator.

Henson will make the rookie minimum of $238,000. He will receive no signing bonus.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:49 PM   #34
capitalcity
Diamond Member

thanks dirno.

Old 10-17-2004, 09:44 PM   #35
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Ben Roethlisberger is a beast.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:07 PM   #36
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Because Romo is NOT this team's future... I don't care how much further he is than Henson, he will NOT lead this team to the promised land so do NOT waste time on his ass...

Maybe Henson turns out to be a bust too, but he is obviously this team's future as of now...

According to who?
Old 10-18-2004, 12:06 AM   #37
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

From waht I hear Parcells is high on Romo so I wouldn't take him as a scrub just yet. I'd actually put him in right now before i'd put in Henson. I'm not comparing Romo to Tom Brady but when Tom Brady was selected in the 6th round I didn't hear anyone claiming he was the future of the Patriots but the end result was him being the future and Drew Bledsoe being traded.

1996-2005
Old 10-18-2004, 08:25 AM   #38
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Yeah... You guys are right... Tony Romo will be soon leading our team to 20 straight victories... [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2004, 09:16 AM   #39
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Henson is the future. Romo is the present........ backup.

Like the Musers were saying this morning, why wait? If Testaverde gets us 9-7, 8-8 and Henson would get us 5-11.... who cares? We HAVE to find out if the "future" is worth waiting for.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:38 AM   #40
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

What's with all the Vinny hating? Let him play, and develop the two backups. If we go 9-7 with Vinny great, if we would go 5-11 and play Henson or Romo, Why? Let them develop in practice all year, or at least till the second half. Vinny doesn't seem to be the problem to me.

RB, CB, and lack of enough pressure seem to be the problem to me.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote