Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Texas Rangers Aren't Very Good

I frankly haven't followed the Rangers much in a few years, but what with that first round thing I've had a bit more time on my sports' hands this year.

Anybody else paying attention to this mess?

The GM is in way over his head, their coach is hopeless, the players mostly whiney suck no talent twits, and the owner is a real dumbass who can't understand why folks here aren't real passionate about this team.

My goodness....does this organization have any redeeming qualities right now?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

this team has talent...........but is just sucking in the way they are playing.

You are stating the obvious to say they aren't very good.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chris Young, Soriano, Kevin Mench, A-Gon, Coco......yeah...John Daniels can suck it.

But its still the only place you can take a group of ten people to a professional sporting event for under a hundred bucks.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 06-08-2007 at 01:56 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

nolan ryan would be embarrassed.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #5
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
...its still the only place you can take a group of ten people to a professional sporting event for under a hundred bucks.
umm....ok, I was gonna argue but I guess a Ranger's baseball game is technically a "professional sporting event."
Old 06-08-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
umm....ok, I was gonna argue but I guess a Ranger's baseball game is technically a "professional sporting event."
Well, its not like they have to play themselves....

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 06-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #7
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well, its not like they have to play themselves....
good point.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #8
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

This thread title is the understatement of the century.

I think it's actually jarring, not only just how bad they are, but also just how little hope there is in the horizon. I keep waiting for people to be outraged about this, but as it turns out, nobody cares.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to respond to Mary's list of names, because a few of those guys are either not missed or were traded for the right reasons.

But in the end, I just don't have the energy. I'm as big a Ranger homer as there is, but this team has officially defeated me for now.

I will say this, Jon Daniels is not in over his head. There's been some stupid moves, and some good moves that blew up for different reasons, but he's going to be fine, imo.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I was going to respond to Mary's list of names, because a few of those guys are either not missed or were traded for the right reasons.

But in the end, I just don't have the energy. I'm as big a Ranger homer as there is, but this team has officially defeated me for now.

I will say this, Jon Daniels is not in over his head. There's been some stupid moves, and some good moves that blew up for different reasons, but he's going to be fine, imo.
I'm not trying to say Daniels had bad intentions, but in the end his trades have been mostly horrible.

No matter what anyone thought of Soriano, there's no way to spin that into a good trade. Brad effing Wilkerson. I want to hang myself from the railing everytime he comes up in the batting order.

Mench and Coco - I guess it could be argued that they're not "missed" per se - but then again, they were traded for a guy with a couple of months left who had made it known to the entire world that he wanted a big fat huge ass contract.

Chris Young - missed, needed AND he was a local guy who wanted to be a Texas Ranger.

This team is a joke and will likely have a historically bad record this year, even by Ranger standards.

How exactly does the GM not take any heat for that?

Last edited by mary; 06-08-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
This thread title is the understatement of the century.

I think it's actually jarring, not only just how bad they are, but also just how little hope there is in the horizon. I keep waiting for people to be outraged about this, but as it turns out, nobody cares.
yeah -- jarringly bad is about right.

I was thinking about how this team compared to the "Seasons in Hell" teams -- it's a funny read if you've never picked it up. Even that way back '73 team that was so bad that a book had to be written about how bad it was had some solid young talent like Toby Harrah and Jeff Burroughs.

This team has so little going for it that it's scarey. Granted, they've got Texiera. Does anybody give young John Daniels a chance of getting a good deal for Tex?

(jeff burroughs, incidentally, is the Texas Rangers' version of Steve Nash -- back to back MVPs in the two years after leaving town).
Old 06-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not trying to say Daniels had bad intentions, but in the end his trades have been mostly horrible.

No matter what anyone thought of Soriano, there's no way to spin that into a good trade. Brad effing Wilkerson. I want to hang myself from the railing everytime he comes up in the batting order.

Mench and Coco - I guess it could be argued that they're not "missed" per se - but then again, they were traded for a guy with a couple of months left who had made it known to the entire world that he wanted a big fat huge ass contract.

Chris Young - missed, needed AND he was a local guy who wanted to be a Texas Ranger.

This team is a joke and will likely have a historically bad record this year, even by Ranger standards.

How exactly does the GM not take any heat for that?
The Chris Young (and Adrian Gonzalez) trade was an abomination, and I said so on this forum from day one. It was a horrible idea to begin with, and just kept getting worse. No defense, at all.

The Soriano trade...whatever. Wilkerson has not been what was expected, but we used teh money we saved that season to sign Millwood. We wouldn't have resigned after the season, and Washington tried to get more than we did (in the middle of his career year, even) and came up with nothing. Bad trade, but in the end, not one to really care about when it's all said and done.

The Milwaukiee trade, I'm sorry, but that's NOT a bad trade. Mench has still not proven to be an everyday player, and will almost certainly be non-tendered by Milwaukee this offseason. So that leaves you with Coco for 3 months of Carlos Lee in a division race, Nelson Cruz (struggling heavily right now, but he was a pretty darn good OF prospect when we landed him),and two first round picks. Remember, without Carlos Lee, we are without the first and thid picks in the draft that just went down yesterday.

Even looking at Coco the way he is now, I'm not that upset with that trade. And understand, Coco was done in this park. It was in his head. He had a huge ERA for us last season and lost his closer role. And, it doesn't hurt that bullpen is the best strength on the team.

So of those three trades, I'd do the Milwaukee trade again, I have no problem with it. The Soriano trade..meh. Should've gotten better return, but I doubt it would have been anything grounbreaking. San Diego deal, horrible, horrible deal.

JD's had severa smaller wins in trades too, especially the deal that brought Tejeda.

The key for JD is the Danks trade, that will be his legacy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-08-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:52 PM   #13
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

SooOOoo is there any good player that the rangers can draft??
Old 06-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #14
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Jon daniels is not in over his head. I happen to agree with jthig on this. I agreed as did alot of people with the wilkerson trade when it happened. He was hurt. Nothing you could do about that. Dont forget we still have galaraga from that trade either.(though i doubt he amounts to much he is still something) Also, as to the carlos lee trade it was a GREAT trade. We got 3 months of lee in a close race and blake beaven for coco cordero and a horribly overrated kevin mench.

Honestly looking at jds trades he hasnt done great on blockbusters but he has had some absolute rapings on small trades. Mike nickeas for Victor diaz was an absolute steal. Nickeas is hitting below 200 in double a and diaz has been our second best hitter. Ric rod for Padilla was a great trade even if padilla has sucked this year. looch for tejeda was an awesome trade. I hate that he traded danks but ALOT of people in baseball circles loved mccarthy. As for the guys who keep saying texas has nothing to look forward too, just wait for eric hurley. He is the best pitching prospect in rangers history.(not counting clyde because he was never really a prospect) He is imo better than phillip hughes the yankees prospect that has gotten ALOT of hype. He will be here next year at some point and the rangers will finally have one of the phenom pitchers. I personally cant wait for that. Not to mention Taylor Teagarden who is one of the best catching prospects in baseball if he can just get his throwing motion back(hes struggled throwing since tommy john surgery but he has been KILLING the ball and he was an ml ready defensive catcher coming out of college so i expect him to return to form.) Then further down the pipe you have Kiker who is just gonna be sick. He is basically billy wagner stuff wise except hes a starter.

Now if we could just flip tex to the tigers for maybin and one of their infinite supply of pitching prospects(id love miller but that isnt happening) id be thrilled. Then flip gagne and otsuka for a prospect a piece. Honestly id go into full rebuilding mode if i was the rangers and look to deal young too but we just slightly overpaid him so that might be kinda hard.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah and ron washington is the most pathetic manager i have ever seen.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:06 PM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Man, if you could just take away that Padres trade, you'd have a 1B ready to take Tex's spot when you trade him, and you'd have Young in the rotation intead of Loe, and Tejeda would be your 5th starter.

This thread prompted me to revist that Hot Stove Thread where I ranted and raved about the Padres trade when it went down. I'm not sure I've ever been more right on this board than in that thread, and dangit if I didn't want to be so, so wrong. I'm wrong often enough, why couldn't I have been wrong then, too.

Quote:
We got 3 months of lee in a close race and blake beaven for coco cordero and a horribly overrated kevin mench.
Beaven AND Borbon.

BTW, I REALLY wish 5-0 would change his sig....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 06-08-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
SooOOoo is there any good player that the rangers can draft??
Draft was yesterday.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

In a typical summer, I will watch a few innings at least, every other day.....

I don't think I've watched any since April this year. I love basketball and hockey and football in general as sports, but baseball itself is not keeping me interested over the bad product on the field.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:12 PM   #19
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Draft was yesterday.
Oh really? Well that tells you how much i love baseball.

Who'd we get?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #20
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
astros would love to have Michael Young... too bad he signed that contract
Old 06-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh really? Well that tells you how much i love baseball.

Who'd we get?
We drafted a piece of Roger Clemens' DNA. We're going to make clones.

2030 World Series, here we come
Old 06-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #22
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Nvm just saw. How exactly does the MLB draft work?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #23
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Nvm just saw. How exactly does the MLB draft work?
That's a little hard to explain in a post.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #24
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
We drafted a piece of Roger Clemens' DNA. We're going to make clones.

2030 World Series, here we come
lol, you guys can have Koby Clemens for free...
DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #25
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
astros would love to have Michael Young... too bad he signed that contract
Give us pence and hes yours.

There you go thiggy.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 06-08-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
There you go thiggy.
Thank you. It was depressing me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-08-2007, 08:27 PM   #27
DOMINATOR

Quote:
Give us pence and hes yours.
hell no. he just hit another double and scored a run... dudes fast all heart and hustle.

Oh no he just got hurt

Last edited by DOMINATOR; 06-08-2007 at 09:11 PM.
DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #28
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Is there a worse franchise in all of sports?

Maybe the Arizona Cardinals in the NFL that's about it.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:18 PM   #29
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

And now you tell me.....

I have tickets to tomorrow nights game... I wish you could have said this prior to me wasting my money.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:25 AM   #30
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Rangers fans are completely wasting their time!

This team will never compete significantly because the ownership is not committed to winning. I've lived in Arlington for 18 years and I've seen one playoff berth. It may have happened more than once, but I cared too little to notice. I live about 3 miles from the ballpark. The only impact the Rangers have on my life is sometimes I have to take a different way home on game days. Why they have enough fans to impact traffic at all is beyond me.

This team is committed to robbing fans and sucking. Every year.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:03 PM   #31
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
And now you tell me.....

I have tickets to tomorrow nights game... I wish you could have said this prior to me wasting my money.
Fun things to do with Rangers tickets:

1. Use them as a book mark
2. Set them on fire and use them to light your cigar
3. Paper cut your wrists with them while watching the game on tv
4. Beer coasters

I'm sure there are lots more!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
Rangers fans are completely wasting their time!

This team will never compete significantly because the ownership is not committed to winning. I've lived in Arlington for 18 years and I've seen one playoff berth. It may have happened more than once, but I cared too little to notice. I live about 3 miles from the ballpark. The only impact the Rangers have on my life is sometimes I have to take a different way home on game days. Why they have enough fans to impact traffic at all is beyond me.

This team is committed to robbing fans and sucking. Every year.
Uh if you dont care enough to have followed then what the hell does it matter how many times you know they have made the playoffs? They made it three times in 4 years from 96-99 btw.

As for the rangers never being good, there will be a time when they are good and it will be within the next 5 years.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #33
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I hope everyone saw what Coco did in our park last night.

Just further proof that Coco wouldn't be doing what he is doing here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #34
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I went to last nights game.... took my son. It was absolutely a fun game. All hope of winning was gone when suddenly we found a way.

I know we stink. But that was great fun.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #35
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They made it three times in 4 years from 96-99 btw.
And won 2 combined games between those three postseason appearances. Lost 3-1 twice and swept the other time. Damn Yankees.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #36
mary
Troll Hunter

nvm.

Last edited by mary; 06-10-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #37
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

damn its been 10 years??

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:29 PM   #38
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
As for the rangers never being good, there will be a time when they are good and it will be within the next 5 years.
Not to get in the middle of the argument.... but it's always "within the next x years" with this team.

But, I will reiterate... in the middle of this pathetic season last night was well worth the money paid.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #39
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
But, I will reiterate... in the middle of this pathetic season last night was well worth the money paid.
I'm happy for you man. Just watching the highlights for last night's game made me a bit emotional. It was great to see the fans going nuts when Young knocked in the game winner. Is this the thread that turns it all around?
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #40
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha... Coco blew it again tonight! 22 for 22 prior to hitting Arlington... 0-2 here...