Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-27-2017, 11:22 PM   #81
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Lost the one seed with the 3 of 4, but looking to preserve our three seed
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2017, 11:35 PM   #82
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
1 loss closer to Ayton in a Mavs jersey.

I would still be ecstatic with Ayton, Doncic, or Bagley. There is a huge drop off in talent after those 3.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:37 PM   #83
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Lost the one seed with the 3 of 4, but looking to preserve our three seed

I think we get that 1 seed back at some point this season. Might not keep it but we will get it back.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:25 AM   #84
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
I think we get that 1 seed back at some point this season. Might not keep it but we will get it back.
I don't see that happening honestly
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:55 AM   #85
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just going to expect us to draft Grayson Allen and then I'll be happy with literally anyone else.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:23 AM   #86
Me.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragism View Post
I don't see that happening honestly

The Kings won tonight. Chicago and Atlanta aren’t going to go winless for the rest of the season.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:39 AM   #87
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Certainly kills my DSJ high knowing he'd be getting 2x or 3x times as many foul calls on another team. Meanwhile we watch game after game of the Mavs getting called for touch fouls.
I listen to Harp talk about Westbrook getting calls and DSJ will eventually get them when he's no longer a rookie, and then I think .... really??? Do we believe this will happen? If the Mavs had DWade, Harden, Duncan, and Vlade Divac in their flopping prime I still wonder if we would get calls.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:09 AM   #88
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I listen to Harp talk about Westbrook getting calls and DSJ will eventually get them when he's no longer a rookie, and then I think .... really??? Do we believe this will happen? If the Mavs had DWade, Harden, Duncan, and Vlade Divac in their flopping prime I still wonder if we would get calls.
I still really wonder if it all goes back to Cuban's criticisms of the refs
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:12 AM   #89
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And just recently criticized them when asked what he would change about the league. Didn't the refs even file some sort of formal complaint against him last season?

It's lose-lose for Mavs players wanting to get calls.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:11 AM   #90
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This, forever. He's made it his reputation, Mavs will never get their star calls for as long as he owns the team.

Last edited by Melonhead; 11-28-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #91
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Less is more.

NBA officiating is always going to be bad. Have watched more games already this year than in the last 3-4 years combined, and am struck by how random and inconsistent calls are. If anything, it may be worse. Don't believe the lip service about "best officials in the world, blah blah blah". They suck.

Have seen Popovich go absolutely livid 2-3x, in the last couple of weeks. Maybe it's just theater, but he seems old enough to know better. it seems like some of the missed calls are really getting to him. (Players seem to be questioning everything too.)

And as with any bad thing, the answer is not MORE officiating, but less. The interruptions now for replays are pure momentum killers. Keep the flow of the game going. The new timeout rules do nothing to keep the games from dragging on if the officials are going to go over and review multiple calls now.

Solution: Revert to two game-officials; keep a third on the sidelines to review flagrants, flops and 3s v. 2s; to be in touch with the league replay observers, and in case of injury. (And also to avert a ref strike.)

New ref motto: "If you don't see it, don't call it. Let 'em play."

With all the delays and replays the NBA is starting to take on some of the stench of the NFL.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:18 PM   #92
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
This, forever. He's made it his reputation, Mavs will never get their star calls for as long as he owns the team.
TRUTH
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:59 PM   #93
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of flagrant fouls, the flagrant 1 in today's nba is an utter joke. I understand protecting a player but if the defender is clearly making a move on the ball and there is a blocked shot, if on the follow through his hand contacts the upper shoulder area it should not be a flagrant. For a few years now it's been terrible. And again is subject to superstar calls. Lebron makes a play on the ball and his body hits Hayward in the air causing a season ending injury, no foul at all because he was making a play on the ball and is was unfortunate. Yet how many times in a season do the Mavs get a flagrant for contact that is so much less than that? So it kills momentum going to review and they again enforce the rules very differently depending on what the name is on the front and back of the jersey.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:14 PM   #94
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Speaking of flagrant fouls, the flagrant 1 in today's nba is an utter joke. I understand protecting a player but if the defender is clearly making a move on the ball and there is a blocked shot, if on the follow through his hand contacts the upper shoulder area it should not be a flagrant. For a few years now it's been terrible. And again is subject to superstar calls. Lebron makes a play on the ball and his body hits Hayward in the air causing a season ending injury, no foul at all because he was making a play on the ball and is was unfortunate. Yet how many times in a season do the Mavs get a flagrant for contact that is so much less than that? So it kills momentum going to review and they again enforce the rules very differently depending on what the name is on the front and back of the jersey.
Not to mention Crowder hip checking Hayward in mid-air at the same time. Lost some respect for Crowder. Not that I ever loved the guy to begin with.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:16 PM   #95
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to agree with Harp....when was the last time we had an above the rim player that could drive aggressively and create contact?

Although I agree with everyone about the officiating, I just don't recall us having a DWade or Westbrook style of player during the Dirk era or maybe even ever until DSJ.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-28-2017 at 02:18 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:20 PM   #96
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I tend to agree with Harp....when was the last time we had a player that could drive aggressively and create contact?

Although I agree with everyone about the officiating, I just don't recall us having a DWade or Westbrook style of player during the Dirk era or maybe even ever until DSJ.
Monta didn't get any love for FT's and I recall him getting flattened at the rim constantly. If they are going to call Dirk for touch fouls at the rim Idk how Monta can't get calls, or DSJ for that matter, for getting constantly hip checked on drives to the rim.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:38 PM   #97
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Monta didn't get any love for FT's and I recall him getting flattened at the rim constantly. If they are going to call Dirk for touch fouls at the rim Idk how Monta can't get calls, or DSJ for that matter, for getting constantly hip checked on drives to the rim.
I saw Monta as more of a finesse player but DWade and Westbrook more powerful going to the rim. DSJ seems more of a power dunker like Wade and Westbrook and will eventually figure out how to draw contact as part of his arsenal.
Now I won't disagree they got/get favorable calls from the refs but my argument is that DSJ will eventually get them based on his style of play more than anything and I think that is what Harp was alluding to. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-28-2017 at 07:16 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote