Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-05-2003, 11:48 AM   #1
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default The one good thing from the LA game....

was the play of Josh Howard. I thought he did a very good job.
Your thoughts?
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2003, 11:51 AM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:The one good thing from the LA game....

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
was the play of Josh Howard. I thought he did a very good job.
Your thoughts?

I definitely liked the play of Howard. I also like the play of Bradley against Shaq. It would have been much better if the refs weren't dead set on raping Shawn. Still Shaq didn't go into a total domination scoring frenzy on Shawn. That's about all we can ask of Shawn when he guards Shaq.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:16 PM   #3
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

I was very impressed with his play - but moreso his attitude and hustle. At points in the game, he looked like the only Mav on the floor who cared there was a game going on. He reminded me of the effect Najera has had in the past, but with much more athleticism supporting it. He may be only 6'8" but with those long limbs he appears to rebound like a 7 footer.

My only quibble is that I think he shoots too much. I don't want to relegate him to the infamous "defensive stopper" role a la Griffin or Bell, because that lack of ability or willingness to create or take a shot hurt us offensively and was a detriment to their value as players, but... I guess I thought he jacked up a quick shot too early in the offensive set a few times. (Not, of course, that any of his teammates were shooting much better.)
Old 12-05-2003, 03:43 PM   #4
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I thought Howard was the only one who played worth a damn for the first few minutes of the game. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the rest of the game, as I was in the process of getting hammered. I thought that Howard didn't look scared on offense, and got some good rebounds. But he also let Kobe get around him a lot, as I recall. Maybe he played better on defense then I thought, but to me, it looked like he got beat a lot.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 03:51 PM   #5
tekrider

tekrider is on a distinguished road

haha, you guys are pathetic.. complimenting on bradley on shaq? shaq nearly took his head off on a couple dunks. plus, this laker team passes more and has more weapons.. hence shaq "only" had 25 and 19.

howard is just another scrub.
tekrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 03:57 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: tekrider
haha, you guys are pathetic.. complimenting on bradley on shaq? shaq nearly took his head off on a couple dunks. plus, this laker team passes more and has more weapons.. hence shaq "only" had 25 and 19.

The only pathetic thing here is a troll who posts like an immature idiot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2003, 04:02 PM   #7
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:

Great writing skills!

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 04:09 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

back to subject-

Howard showed some of his awesome innate ability last night. He made some rookie mistakes- but so did our veterans. Howard is going to be REALLY good.

Even more impressive is that he has yet to bulk up into an NBA body, and he's only 6'7" but between his effort and his intelligence/positioning he can grab boards over seven footers.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 04:37 PM   #9
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
back to subject-

Howard showed some of his awesome innate ability last night. He made some rookie mistakes- but so did our veterans. Howard is going to be REALLY good.

Even more impressive is that he has yet to bulk up into an NBA body, and he's only 6'7" but between his effort and his intelligence/positioning he can grab boards over seven footers.
Yeah, and you actually have the feeling like he is bothersome on the defensive end. I love what he has done so far. Marquis Daniels kind of choked last night. Too bad because Nellie yanked him after that and he didn't get any meaningful time.

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 04:57 PM   #10
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Hey front runner, the price tag is still attached to your Lakers cap plus Purple and Gold doesn't go very well with your Tim Duncan Jersey and Chicago Bulls shorts.

Anyway.....

I was impressed by Howards attitude more than his play. Typical rookie didn't know to be scared of Shaq and Co. and he played well when the rest of the Mavs looked intimidated. Hopefully he has the work ethic to go along with his talent.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 05:01 PM   #11
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Howard played with a lot of energy last night and didn't appear to realize that he was supposed to be afraid of the Lakers.

Just give him time though.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 05:56 PM   #12
Mavs_fun_fan

Mavs_fun_fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Howard played with a lot of energy last night and didn't appear to realize that he was supposed to be afraid of the Lakers.

Just give Nellie enough time to teach him the fear choke strategy............

Mavs_fun_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:05 PM   #13
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavs_fun_fan
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC

Just give Nellie enough time to teach him the fear choke strategy............
Far be it from me to mention Nellie by name again this hour, with any possible negative connoatation. Some extremely sensitive posters consider that bashing. Knee-jerk bashing.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote