Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 65mpg car that Ford won't sell here

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber...mpg/#more-5573

I need help, I can't find the car.

Quote:
From the article:

First of all, the engines are built in Britain, so labor costs are high. Plus the pound remains stronger than the greenback. At prevailing exchange rates, the Fiesta ECOnetic would sell for about $25,700 in the U.S. By contrast, the Prius typically goes for about $24,000. A $1,300 tax deduction available to buyers of new diesel cars could bring the price of the Fiesta to around $24,400. But Ford doesn’t believe it could charge enough to make money on an imported ECOnetic.
Funny post in the quotes. "I bet it would be cheaper without that hood ornament".

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Well, this is a fairly new model (the special eco-friendly one), I think. I thought I had read that it WAS going to be sold in the US, just not yet. I think Ford will have their Mexico plant start production. If it does get sold in the US, I just might have my next car.

EDIT: Oh, what I read was the regular gasoline version, not the diesel version.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 09-07-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Honda has a car that runs on hydrogen. its the first of its kind-- an engine built specifically for hydrogen, not modified from another type. unfortunately it costs $200,000 to manufacture and there are only like 3 hydrogen gas stations in california (where the car will be released first). They're set to pull out 300 in the next few years... it gets about 120 miles per kg of hydrogen. but hydrogen costs about 8$ per kg. oh, and did I mention that it pollutes water? I think its called the Honda Clarity, but you'll have to look it up.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 09-07-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote