Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 12-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #41
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I agree she doesn't deserve her own thread.

Why don't we let the ladies answer for this? EL? Mary?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #42
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Personally, I don't take B Obama or any of the gaggle of Repubs seriously either.
Honestly, me neither but the people who do seem to take those cats more seriously.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #43
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I agree she doesn't deserve her own thread.
Oh, she deserves her own thread, but this is the wrong subforum for it. And it should have a lot less text.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #44
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
There may be some hyperbole there but I think because half of her fame and press is about her looks vs. her credentials, which remains as void as ever. Just look at this thread. Nobody takes her seriously as a politician or as a leader but as a piece of milfy ass? Sure! Unless things change alot, if she were to be elected, I believe it would promote or re-enforce the belief women get to where they are via self-promotion (creating controversy) and physical beauty rather than the gray stuff between their ears.

I am not big on politics in general so I can't produce a long list of more qualified candidates but as far as the process of evening the field, getting someone like Condi Rice into the White House, for example, would increase the chances of getting more smart and credential/accomplishment-based women into prominent lawmaking positions than electing Palin.

I may be completely wrong. Maybe just getting the first one in the door is all that counts.

But I may be completely right. Has the leadership at the state positions in Alaska shifted more female post-Palin? (small sample I know but what else do we have?).
Let me understand this. When McCain/Palin were running against Obama, he had less experience in public office than she had (significantly less) and you say HER credentials are void?

And you're saying that if she got elected it would be because she is pretty? Is there a more overt discrimination statement than that? Condi Rice is probably smarter than anyone that has run in the last 50 years. That's a pretty high bar to set in order for a woman to be elected, higher than it has been for any man to be elected. And how smart is Obama? He hasn't really done anything right in office. He's upset most that elected him to begin with and he sets a new record for umms and uhhhs everytime he speaks.

Last edited by jacktruth; 12-21-2010 at 12:45 PM.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
be vewwwwwy qwiettt, fluffy banter, i'm hunting mooseknuckles, not the alexa, she's a he