Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-26-2022, 11:24 AM   #81
GQ2003

GQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really nice

Still holding out hope for Hartenstein to be that other big we bring in. Pretty decent post defender, solid rim protector, improved outside shot that would only get better in Dallas and a great passer. Maybe we send Dirk & Maxi to recruit him with the German ties and offer him the primary backup Center role (I view Maxi as more of a 4) with potential to start alongside Wood.
GQ2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2022, 08:48 PM   #82
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ2003 View Post
Still holding out hope for Hartenstein to be that other big we bring in. Pretty decent post defender, solid rim protector, improved outside shot that would only get better in Dallas and a great passer. Maybe we send Dirk & Maxi to recruit him with the German ties and offer him the primary backup Center role (I view Maxi as more of a 4) with potential to start alongside Wood.
He signed with New York

But I think the McGee signing is sneaky good for Dallas.

I prefer Wood to play the 4 because he's not any good in terms of interior defense and rim protection.

They could even go big and start McGee and Wood together with Bullock and DFS as the wing defenders.

I'd bring Dinwiddie off the bench to run the 2nd team.

Losing Brunson was a tough pill to swallow because he was so effecient and rarely turned the ball over. I'm holding out hope they can somehow turn Powell and THJ into Brogdon.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:05 PM   #83
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
He signed with New York

But I think the McGee signing is sneaky good for Dallas.

I prefer Wood to play the 4 because he's not any good in terms of interior defense and rim protection.

They could even go big and start McGee and Wood together with Bullock and DFS as the wing defenders.

I'd bring Dinwiddie off the bench to run the 2nd team.

Losing Brunson was a tough pill to swallow because he was so effecient and rarely turned the ball over. I'm holding out hope they can somehow turn Powell and THJ into Brogdon.
McGee is fine as a backup 5. I'm perfectly satisfied with the center rotation now. But now we desperately need both a wing and PG and we have virtually nothing left. Powell and THJ for Brogdon would be fantastic. Throw in Dragic for the vet min and I would consider the offseason a success even with losing Brunson. I don't see why Indiana does that deal that deal though. We'd probably have to throw in a future 1st too, and man, I reeeeaaallly don't want to give any more of those up unless it's an absolute no brainer. Gun to my head, I probably would do that deal, but I'm squeamish about it.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:12 AM   #84
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
McGee is fine as a backup 5. I'm perfectly satisfied with the center rotation now. But now we desperately need both a wing and PG and we have virtually nothing left. Powell and THJ for Brogdon would be fantastic. Throw in Dragic for the vet min and I would consider the offseason a success even with losing Brunson. I don't see why Indiana does that deal that deal though. We'd probably have to throw in a future 1st too, and man, I reeeeaaallly don't want to give any more of those up unless it's an absolute no brainer. Gun to my head, I probably would do that deal, but I'm squeamish about it.
McGee had a quote yesterday mentioning starting...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 12:42 PM   #85
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
McGee had a quote yesterday mentioning starting...
I don't think Kidd really prefers small lineups.

I know he went to it a lot doing the playoffs but let's not forget the Mavs had no choice because they lacked bigs.

Kidd was apart of two title teams that played big as a player with Dallas Dirk/Tyson and assistant coach with LA AD/McGee/Howard

He started off much of last year with KP/Powell together until KP was traded.

I'm throw this out there but it's not going to shock me if Kidd starts McGee in a big lineup with Luka, Wood, DFS and Bullock.

Some will say Dallas needs that 2nd shot creator and usually your initial thought is a backcourt player but I think the plan is for Wood to be that 2nd shot creator as a big because he's very skilled.

Kidd might have a vision of making this team similar to the Lakers style by beating teams with size as opposed to small ball lineups which exposes your defense more.

Luka is our LeBron, Wood isn't AD but you can see him being used in a similiar way and McGee is in his same role from LA except he's starting.
Old 07-01-2022, 02:03 PM   #86
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I don't think Kidd really prefers small lineups.

I know he went to it a lot doing the playoffs but let's not forget the Mavs had no choice because they lacked bigs.

Kidd was apart of two title teams that played big as a player with Dallas Dirk/Tyson and assistant coach with LA AD/McGee/Howard

He started off much of last year with KP/Powell together until KP was traded.

I'm throw this out there but it's not going to shock me if Kidd starts McGee in a big lineup with Luka, Wood, DFS and Bullock.

Some will say Dallas needs that 2nd shot creator and usually your initial thought is a backcourt player but I think the plan is for Wood to be that 2nd shot creator as a big because he's very skilled.

Kidd might have a vision of making this team similar to the Lakers style by beating teams with size as opposed to small ball lineups which exposes your defense more.

Luka is our LeBron, Wood isn't AD but you can see him being used in a similiar way and McGee is in his same role from LA except he's starting.
I actually like the starting lineup a lot, tbh

Then having the firepower of Dinwiddie and THJ off the bench. Lineups can be really flexible, bringing Maxi in for defense and leaving one of Bullock/DFS in with the 2nd unit.

Big key is what can you get, if anything, from Green and Hardy. Green plays excellent defense and with great hustle, but can be played off the court offensively. Hardy is the unknown at this point.

Not to mention Dragic, but can't really rely on that until the ink is dry.
Old 07-01-2022, 02:23 PM   #87
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I actually like the starting lineup a lot, tbh

Then having the firepower of Dinwiddie and THJ off the bench. Lineups can be really flexible, bringing Maxi in for defense and leaving one of Bullock/DFS in with the 2nd unit.

Big key is what can you get, if anything, from Green and Hardy. Green plays excellent defense and with great hustle, but can be played off the court offensively. Hardy is the unknown at this point.

Not to mention Dragic, but can't really rely on that until the ink is dry.
Agreed, that big lineup is something not a lot of teams will face these days. We will own the boards.

Green will get better, having Doncic or working alongside Dinwiddie and THJ, will only help him, as defenders drift towards the ball/THJ or Maxi.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #88
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Agreed, that big lineup is something not a lot of teams will face these days. We will own the boards.

Green will get better, having Doncic or working alongside Dinwiddie and THJ, will only help him, as defenders drift towards the ball/THJ or Maxi.
Minnesota is going that route now with a big physical lineup by getting Gobert.

I fully expect the Lakers to try and add Whiteside at some point.

Cleveland plays big with Mobley and Allen

Last edited by Dallas41; 07-01-2022 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:47 AM   #89
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/1...christian-wood

"Last season, Wood was one of only 17 bigs to log 200 isolation plays, and he ranked sixth among them in scoring efficiency, according to Second Spectrum. Wood shot 50.4 percent on those chances, which isn?t on par with the league?s best guards, but is pretty solid and far exceeds the 36 percent posted last season by Porzingis."

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 10:47 AM   #90
saclare
Platinum Member

So in fairly short order, Nico turned KP into Dinwiddie, Bertans, and Wood. Not a bad first year even with Brunson leaving.
Old 10-04-2022, 01:22 PM   #91
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Wood> KP
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 03:30 PM   #92
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I just read that if the Mavs are going to give Wood and extension then it has to be no later than December 24th...

I think they should seriously consider trading him as I am skeptical he will re-sign.

My gut tells me they will not trade him or give him and extension. In the end, he will not re-sign and we will have a Brunson situation all over again. If that happens, then Cuban should fire himself.

https://thesmokingcuban.com/posts/da...center-upgrade
Old 12-06-2022, 05:57 PM   #93
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I just read that if the Mavs are going to give Wood and extension then it has to be no later than December 24th...

I think they should seriously consider trading him as I am skeptical he will re-sign.

My gut tells me they will not trade him or give him and extension. In the end, he will not re-sign and we will have a Brunson situation all over again. If that happens, then Cuban should fire himself.

Yeah he's gone. I would be shocked if he's still a Mav next season.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 06:48 PM   #94
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The only thing that might keep Wood is the public perception that FO is a bunch of monkeys pulling levers. Pressure might be to keep him, especially when Luka likes playing with him.

But outside of that, no reason to believe he'd be here next year.
Old 12-06-2022, 07:06 PM   #95
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, they are actually in a better place to extend him since they are suppressing his role and minutes. You absolutely extend him if he takes it.

Old 12-06-2022, 11:26 PM   #96
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think the article is incorrect. There isn't an extension DEADLINE. It is actually the STARTING date for a new contract.

Right now we are within the 6 month window since the trade and can only offer him a max extension of 2 years $35,220,949 (3 years max - remainder of this year and 2 additional years).

But Dallas can offer a 4 year $76,970,660 contract extension beginning on Dec 24th.

So if Wood doesn't sign a new deal with Dallas by January then there is a good chance we lose him.

+++

https://cbabreakdown.com/trades#:~:t...%20transaction.

A team may extend and trade a player within these rules. An extension-and-trade is allowed if (i) the contract covers no more than 3 seasons (including any years remaining in the original contract), (ii) the salary in the first year of the extended term is no more than 105% of the salary in the last year of the original term, and (iii) the annual salary increases are no more than 5% of the salary in the first season covered by the extended term.

To prevent teams from getting around these limitations, teams cannot trade any player that signs an extension covering more than 3 seasons, a higher salary, or with larger annual increases for the next 6 months.

Similarly, if a team receives a player in a trade, then for the next 6 months following that trade the team cannot sign the player to an extension that would violate the limitations for an extension-and-trade transaction.

Last edited by MFFL; 12-06-2022 at 11:28 PM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:45 AM   #97
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy they def arent going to offer that kind of money to Wood...

I think 14m is a good number personally. Still need some type of center, and Powell isnt getting any younger or taller
Old 12-07-2022, 10:51 AM   #98
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Uh 4/77 is definitely market value for Wood. Mavs would be nuts not to offer that.

Old 12-07-2022, 11:20 AM   #99
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Uh 4/77 is definitely market value for Wood. Mavs would be nuts not to offer that.
100% agree, however I just dont believe Cuban will. They will try to lowball for sure.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:32 AM   #100
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I can see why Cuban would wait. It's not like Wood cost us a lot. The guys we traded are mostly not NBA talent. Sterling Brown, Trey Burke, and Marquese Chriss were all waived and have not gotten contracts. Boban has only played 7 games for the Rockets and he's averaging 3.6mpg in the few games he plays. Wendell Moore (the 26th pick) could be something, but so far he has struggled in the NBA and was traded to Minn

If we give Wood 4/77 and we underperform, we will be
1) well into the tax and on our way to the repeat tax
2) without a 2023 FRP and barely any other FRPs
3) most of our current roster locked up long term into mediocrity

Of course, if we gel, then it's a different story, but that is why we wait.

I like Christian Wood and losing Brunson for nothing was painful. I get that he wanted to leave so I'm not upset that he left-- just that we didn't get anything for him. Right now I hope we keep him, but I wouldn't be sad if he was on another team after the TDL or next year-- I just hope we can parlay that into something because we are so asset-poor.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-07-2022 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:57 AM   #101
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I can see why Cuban would wait. It's not like Wood cost us a lot. The guys we traded are mostly not NBA talent. Sterling Brown, Trey Burke, and Marquese Chriss were all waived and have not gotten contracts. Boban has only played 7 games for the Rockets and he's averaging 3.6mpg in the few games he plays. Wendell Moore could be something, but so far he has struggled in the NBA and was traded to Minn

I like Christian Wood and losing Brunson for nothing was painful. I get that he wanted to leave so I'm not upset that he left-- just that we didn't get anything for him. Right now I hope we keep him, but I wouldn't be sad if he was on another team after the TDL or next year-- I just hope we can parlay that into something because we are so asset-poor.
Who says we take Wendell Moore? Nikola Jovic was taken at 27 and definitely a Mavs type of pick. Even Koloko where the Mavs need a big man was there and went at 33.

I'm just saying first rounders aren't something you just throw away. Losing Wood for nothing would be bad.

If he is open to extension, then you absolutely do that because then he is an actual tradable asset. Teams aren't giving you much for a two month rental.

Old 12-07-2022, 11:58 AM   #102
Melonhead
Guru

It makes more sense to extend him especially as a future trade piece, like see it through with Wood on the team, cause if they let him expire at the end of the season, he's definitely gone.

Cuban will not pay luxury or repeater tax, he was going on about it in february before the season ended, which gave me pause in the back of my head for Brunson.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:59 PM   #103
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post

Cuban will not pay luxury or repeater tax, he was going on about it in february before the season ended, which gave me pause in the back of my head for Brunson.
That's the real reason he broke up the championship team as well I bet. I remember he was ranting and raving about the new CBA more than any other owner.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:33 PM   #104
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can see why Cuban would wait. It's not like Wood cost us a lot. The guys we traded are mostly not NBA talent. Sterling Brown, Trey Burke, and Marquese Chriss were all waived and have not gotten contracts. Boban has only played 7 games for the Rockets and he's averaging 3.6mpg in the few games he plays. Wendell Moore (the 26th pick) could be something, but so far he has struggled in the NBA and was traded to Minn

So we win by trading guys who can't touch the floor to get a steal in Wood. But we wait to see if the team gels like with JB and then lose him...like JB. Seems counter intuitive to have a trade hit and then we just don't even play the dude and let him ride off into the sunset essentially negating the trade win to begin with. Idk, my head spins and it has been since Kidd opened his mouth about Wood and when FO promised McGee a SLU spot. Go Mams

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 05:35 PM   #105
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
So we win by trading guys who can't touch the floor to get a steal in Wood. But we wait to see if the team gels like with JB and then lose him...like JB. Seems counter intuitive to have a trade hit and then we just don't even play the dude and let him ride off into the sunset essentially negating the trade win to begin with. Idk, my head spins and it has been since Kidd opened his mouth about Wood and when FO promised McGee a SLU spot. Go Mams
JB wanted out of Luka's shadow.

Wood I imagine wants to get paid and to get the long-term security of a long-term contract.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:08 PM   #106
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Wood I imagine wants to get paid and to get the long-term security of a long-term contract.
Well, Wood is 100% going to get paid whether we do it or not. Only thing changes is if we sign him or get an equal asset via trade, no?

And fwiw JB will always be in Lukas shadow. Going to NY doesn't change that.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 12:22 AM   #107
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you have a good GM and a good pipeline of young talent, you shouldn't HAVE to pay the tax.

Miami hasn't paid any tax in the last 3 years. Boston is like us and is paying this year after not paying for the previous 2 years. Toronto never pays tax.

So I'm not going to rag on Cuban for expecting his front office to stay under the tax. UNLESS we have a team that is competing for titles. Then I'll be upset if Cuban goes cheap.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 01:11 AM   #108
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I mean, the Mavs wanted to keep Brunson, so I'm not sure the Cuban won't pay the tax stuff holds much water. I'm sure he doesn't want to pay it long term, like any owner, but I don't fully buy him not wanting to pay it.

I feel Cuban acts more on a value of a player versus a bottom line money thing. You can always dump salary if you need to especially now that KP's contract is off the books.

Old 12-13-2022, 04:11 PM   #109
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I mean, the Mavs wanted to keep Brunson, so I'm not sure the Cuban won't pay the tax stuff holds much water. I'm sure he doesn't want to pay it long term, like any owner, but I don't fully buy him not wanting to pay it.

I feel Cuban acts more on a value of a player versus a bottom line money thing. You can always dump salary if you need to especially now that KP's contract is off the books.
It might be true but the data doesn't support that notion over the past decade. Cuban is dead last in total player outlay and it's not even close.

https://twitter.com/JamesBeaver01/st...DnU3eTSPiTUIbQ

So this sure looks like a bottom line money thing that cheap son of a bitch

Last edited by Zeus; 12-13-2022 at 04:14 PM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 05:51 PM   #110
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How do people revise history so quickly? He would have signed here, but the Mavs waited too long.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 06:20 PM   #111
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
How do people revise history so quickly? He would have signed here, but the Mavs waited too long.
You?re the expert? For every person spitballing that he?d say there?s actual quotes and evidence to the contrary.

The only thing we don?t know is if we offered him his full 12mill early last season before he got good if he?d have taken it. Once he started dominating, he?d be stupid to take 20mill, Mavs or otherwise.

Then FA opened and he didn?t even take a call from us.
Old 12-13-2022, 06:39 PM   #112
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You?re the expert? For every person spitballing that he?d say there?s actual quotes and evidence to the contrary.

The only thing we don?t know is if we offered him his full 12mill early last season before he got good if he?d have taken it. Once he started dominating, he?d be stupid to take 20mill, Mavs or otherwise.

Then FA opened and he didn?t even take a call from us.
Yup, I agree. And now we will see if the FO learned anything with how they handle Christian Wood and his extension.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:47 AM   #113
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
They listen to Daddy Brunson and run with his word as gospel and claim it as all true, nothing else could have happened.
Old 12-18-2022, 03:14 PM   #114
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Dec: 20/9/2 55% fg, 40% from three.

Old 12-26-2022, 05:20 PM   #115
Melonhead
Guru

https://twitter.com/mavsfilmroom/sta...xeVkw5jGfg9lhw

If they don?t extend him, this season is toast.

Last edited by Melonhead; 12-26-2022 at 05:20 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 05:24 PM   #116
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Fml. Maybe starting the guy and not the rest of the big man garbage on the team might have made a difference.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 12-26-2022 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 11:06 PM   #117
Melonhead
Guru

Truly don?t know why I ever comment on the Mavs subreddit.

Had a guy calling me stupid because I believe the Mavs HAVENT offered the extension yet. He?s 100% sure Mavs have offered the extension within the last 24 hours with zero evidence. And I?m stupid to think otherwise.
Old 12-26-2022, 11:42 PM   #118
JustJay

Surely he has to sign an extension or be gone by the TDL right? Or are we going to let another walk out the door for zero compensation?
Old 12-27-2022, 12:46 PM   #119
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Truly don?t know why I ever comment on the Mavs subreddit.

Had a guy calling me stupid because I believe the Mavs HAVENT offered the extension yet. He?s 100% sure Mavs have offered the extension within the last 24 hours with zero evidence. And I?m stupid to think otherwise.
He thinks the Mavs have suddenly changed their minds over one game? So much so that they suddenly tripped over themselves to offer a contract in the last 24 hours? Lol
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 08:48 AM   #120
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yikes.

https://twitter.com/MavsFilmRoom/sta...74606001430529