Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-07-2023, 04:16 PM   #561
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Dewayne Dedmon fell off a cliff after his last season with ATL. His rebounding and overall numbers are down mostly due to playing time decreasing, but it seems as if his 3-point shooting has escaped him. If he costs nothing as a buyout pickup to fill the role of backup 5, sure. But I don't give anything of value for him.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2023, 06:41 PM   #562
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Found this on MMB and this is a big issue after trading DFS especially if they run into the Clippers 1st round

MMB
Tim Hardaway Jr. and Christian Wood are poor fits with the Mavericks' new backcourt. Both are offense-first players, but that is the last thing Dallas needs with Doncic and Irving averaging over 60 points per game combined. The Mavs need 3-and-D wings, an upgrade at the five, and a third playmaker. Without those pieces, Dallas barely raised their chances of escaping the first round of the playoffs, despite having two of the ten All-Star starters on their roster.

The trade market lacks sellers, so finding those missing pieces will be tough and costly. Counting on internal growth from Josh Green and improved play out of Reggie Bullock could cover their 3-and-D needs, but it would force both players to push near 40 minutes a night in the postseason. They will be worn out by the conference finals leaving Dallas one option short.
Don't necessarily agree they would be history in the playoffs because they lost DFS. If the offensive combo of Kyrie, Luka and Wood is so multi sigma great then they can overcome defensive deficiency since offensive variance on the great side is always larger than defensive variance on the great side.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:53 PM   #563
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTFqvBQygGg

edit- title of vid is a bit troll, it's full interview and that title covers a small portion of the questions.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-07-2023 at 07:55 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 08:33 PM   #564
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Damn we couldn?t have gotten cam Thomas in the kyrie deal? Lol dude is going off
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 08:44 PM   #565
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Damn we couldn?t have gotten cam Thomas in the kyrie deal? Lol dude is going off
I'm going to say no. When you're getting an All-Star you probably aren't going to get a young talent with potential too.

Besides we don't need another guard.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 08:52 PM   #566
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to focus on what could have been?what should be. I have to shift my focus on what we have going on here.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:08 PM   #567
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Old 02-07-2023, 09:51 PM   #568
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
That's Hardy next season...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 09:54 PM   #569
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
I'm going to say no. When you're getting an All-Star you probably aren't going to get a young talent with potential too.

Besides we don't need another guard.
Yeah just joking but man that?s three 40 pt games in a row?
He?s had other games with just nothing but man it?s his time now good for him
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:12 PM   #570
JustJay

Old 02-07-2023, 10:42 PM   #571
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stuff like that is why Cuban won?t step foot in repeater tax
Old 02-07-2023, 11:45 PM   #572
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Wiseman that bad? Would he be worth kicking the tires on? Obv he had potential coming out of college, and he has good size.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:50 PM   #573
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Is Wiseman that bad? Would he be worth kicking the tires on? Obv he had potential coming out of college, and he has good size.
The thought behind that post was that he would go to one of the 3 teams with cap space to save the most money. Otherwise a team has to send assets back and they still have to pay taxes on the player(s) they receive.

Twitter seems to think the Spurs will get him.

Last edited by JustJay; 02-07-2023 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:41 AM   #574
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

https://youtu.be/eZJCEVAAIBE

Draymond with a solid take on Kyrie trade. Everything except "Cuban will spend money" was accurate and insightful. You can tell he's done a bit of homework.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-08-2023 at 12:41 AM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 02:34 AM   #575
JustJay

Just spitballing another idea, because I don't think the Suns/Ayton thing will happen (TBF I didn't think Kyrie would happen)

What about Nurkic for Wood? Wood is younger and better on offense, Nurkic is the better defender. But of course, it's totally fair to assume Portland might not want to do it.
Old 02-08-2023, 02:39 AM   #576
JustJay

Or I guess it's me overvaluing Nurkic. I have not watched him a lot I admit just looking at stats and his contract.

Old 02-08-2023, 02:42 AM   #577
JustJay

Speaking of Blazers and also a name that's been mentioned.

Old 02-08-2023, 02:58 AM   #578
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just spitballing another idea, because I don't think the Suns/Ayton thing will happen (TBF I didn't think Kyrie would happen)

What about Nurkic for Wood? Wood is younger and better on offense, Nurkic is the better defender. But of course, it's totally fair to assume Portland might not want to do it.
I mean I'd trade THJ for him in a heart beat.

Assuming they want off his salary though maybe it would be more like Powell and mcgee so they can come off most of that salary with powell's expiring.

My main concern with Nurkic would be his effectiveness in pnr defense. As a rim protector and last line of defense I like him fine but I do think he's best when you have defenders at the point of attack in front of him(we don't currently have) to funnel them to him to contest shots. If we moved wood for wing defenders/shooters and portland wanted thj or powell and mcgee I'd do it myself but not wood for nurkic.

I haven't hardly watched portland at all though. Can't believe he's only 28 still... feels like he's 34.

Edit- I would say Nurkic wouldn't be bad considering I think Maxi would be the defender on the floor in the important closeout minutes so pnr defense wouldn't be as big of an issue then. I prefer going for Poeltl but I have no idea what that would take.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-08-2023 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:12 AM   #579
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Something up with Wood.

Either he signed his extension or he knows hes being dealt.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 09:21 AM   #580
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

30 hours remain
Old 02-08-2023, 10:05 AM   #581
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Something up with Wood.

Either he signed his extension or he knows hes being dealt.
Or he knows what he is going to get this summer.

I will say that Cuban is paying 60 million this year in tax after the trade. It would be hard to pay Wood 22-25 mil per while also paying Kyrie and Luka.

Still feel like the problem all stems from whether they can move THJ or not. Moving him would at least open the possibility of keeping Wood this summer.

Old 02-08-2023, 10:18 AM   #582
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think it wouldn't be crazy difficult to move Bertans either this TDL or in the offseason. He only has $5m guaranteed in 2024-25 if he plays less than 75% of the games in 2023-24. He's basically an expiring deal as I think he would probably opt out seeking a longer deal after next season.

THJ is hard to swallow, but at least his salary decreases over the next few years. We really should have let him walk.

The rest of the roster really is palatable (even Javale's stupid deal with a PO). Ultimately up to Kyrie, but I don't see a better situation for him around the league.
Old 02-08-2023, 10:20 AM   #583
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Or he knows what he is going to get this summer.

I will say that Cuban is paying 60 million this year in tax after the trade. It would be hard to pay Wood 22-25 mil per while also paying Kyrie and Luka.

Still feel like the problem all stems from whether they can move THJ or not. Moving him would at least open the possibility of keeping Wood this summer.
I hope I'm wrong but I think Kyrie dueces out after this season, so some of this might be moot point

Old 02-08-2023, 10:21 AM   #584
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Man, tough call on Nurkic. Last time I saw him play, he looked lethargic on defense with slow feet. Of course, he can body with the best of him, but as someone already pointed out, he can be a real liability in the PNR. His lower body just seemed stuck in slow motion and just now looking, he's damn near 300 lbs... I'd rather aim higher in a center for this team.
Old 02-08-2023, 11:25 AM   #585
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Man, tough call on Nurkic. Last time I saw him play, he looked lethargic on defense with slow feet. Of course, he can body with the best of him, but as someone already pointed out, he can be a real liability in the PNR. His lower body just seemed stuck in slow motion and just now looking, he's damn near 300 lbs... I'd rather aim higher in a center for this team.
Nurkic would frustrate most fans, I watch a lot of blazer games and he just doesnt have it. He should be so much better with his size, but he's not. Slow to react defensively.
Old 02-08-2023, 11:50 AM   #586
JustJay

Old 02-08-2023, 11:59 AM   #587
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

27 hours

Durant now clogging up the moves

The last hour could be crazy, or it could block a lot of other moves. We may be the only big one.
Old 02-08-2023, 11:59 AM   #588
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Nurkic would frustrate most fans, I watch a lot of blazer games and he just doesnt have it. He should be so much better with his size, but he's not. Slow to react defensively.
290 pounds...and may be more than listed.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:12 PM   #589
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I hate this crap that is always back logged because of one guy. Dunno why that would hamper the Mavs from making moves unless there are 10 plus teams think they can get him.

Old 02-08-2023, 12:24 PM   #590
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Matisse Thybull on our radar

If true, Mavs going hard on anti-vax and conspiracy theory guys. Also guys that could steal minutes from Josh at the 2/3

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-08-2023 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:27 PM   #591
JustJay

Last edited by JustJay; 02-08-2023 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:35 PM   #592
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Nets accept our offer despite half the FRPs because they want to "surround Durant"

It would be ironic if they turned down 2x FRPs and expirings and end up trading Durant
Old 02-08-2023, 12:59 PM   #593
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

I think part of why they want mix of good players now on good contracts and future assets is they still owe 2 unprotected picks and pick swaps from frauden deal with houston. They should at least listen to offers and if someone offers a war chest of goods then do it. I don't think they are interested in purely draft capital though even if they were going to trade KD.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-08-2023 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:03 PM   #594
JustJay

Find this hard to believe, unless they're getting KD or something like that.

Old 02-08-2023, 01:32 PM   #595
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Matisse Thybull on our radar

If true, Mavs going hard on anti-vax and conspiracy theory guys. Also guys that could steal minutes from Josh at the 2/3
Kyrie refusing the vax was a great call. Not so sure about ANY stances Mattise might have because he's insignificant as a player. Def don't want him taking any of our youth minutes.

Old 02-08-2023, 01:37 PM   #596
SMC0007
Guru

I'd like to see Mo Bamba here...

Old 02-08-2023, 01:39 PM   #597
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Kyrie refusing the vax was a great call. Not so sure about ANY stances Mattise might have because he's insignificant as a player. Def don't want him taking any of our youth minutes.
I was going to say the same about Kyrie because I didn't get the vax either, but didn't want to get into a debate about it.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:50 PM   #598
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
27 hours

Durant now clogging up the moves

The last hour could be crazy, or it could block a lot of other moves. We may be the only big one.
Fuck KD. He made his bed in Brooklyn and he can sleep in it. He wanted Kyrie and Harden, the owner got them both, and now they are gone. Tired of these entitled athletes forcing their way out of places after GM/owners mortgage the future for them.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 02:11 PM   #599
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Nets accept our offer despite half the FRPs because they want to "surround Durant"

It would be ironic if they turned down 2x FRPs and expirings and end up trading Durant
That's why you strike when the iron is hot. It's pretty much known in the NBA that every team wants to deal with Brooklyn because they make the worst deals.

Old 02-08-2023, 03:08 PM   #600
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'd like to see Mo Bamba here...
Me too. I bet the Magic would want a first round pick or one of our young guns. I would consider a first rounder. I would think about Jaden, but the idea of trading Josh gives me heartburn.