Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-04-2015, 12:51 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk as a backup... That was pretty much only a consideration if LMA signed. But now, he and Jordan will play perfectly together. Great offensive compliments. You want Dirk in the starting lineup. He just might be the most efficient scorer on the team next year. He will have his share of open looks.
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:49 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Dirk as a backup... That was pretty much only a consideration if LMA signed. But now, he and Jordan will play perfectly together. Great offensive compliments. You want Dirk in the starting lineup. He just might be the most efficient scorer on the team next year. He will have his share of open looks.
Overlooked point.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:42 AM   #3
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Clippers office right now:

Clippers fans right now:

My answer:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:47 AM   #4
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Does Cuban really think Jordan will be our franchise player? He said it on the Bob & Dan show that he sees him as Shaq and Steve Nash, an MVP-caliber player. I hope it's just cool-aid talk and Carlisle won't be forced to run the offense through DJ. That would be a disaster.

I liked him admitting that we could have tanked the season, have it not for the successful moves. This tells me that they will be ready to tank when the times comes. I like that because I think we will need that premier talent after Dirk. DJ is obviously not that kind of guy. I absolutely love the signings, first option though, he is not.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 07-04-2015 at 03:48 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 04:19 AM   #5
Thukydides

Thukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Does Cuban really think Jordan will be our franchise player? He said it on the Bob & Dan show that he sees him as Shaq and Steve Nash, an MVP-caliber player. I hope it's just cool-aid talk and Carlisle won't be forced to run the offense through DJ. That would be a disaster.

I liked him admitting that we could have tanked the season, have it not for the successful moves. This tells me that they will be ready to tank when the times comes. I like that because I think we will need that premier talent after Dirk. DJ is obviously not that kind of guy. I absolutely love the signings, first option though, he is not.
First of all: I love that interview.. Cuban is so great. I don´t think that whole "DeAndre-franchise-player" stuff necessarily means he will get isolation plays. But running the spread pick-n-roll with him does mean nothing else but that he´s the first option. And a deep post-up here and there, I don´t think it might be much of an harm.

Last edited by Thukydides; 07-04-2015 at 04:20 AM.
Thukydides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thukydides View Post
First of all: I love that interview.. Cuban is so great. I don´t think that whole "DeAndre-franchise-player" stuff necessarily means he will get isolation plays. But running the spread pick-n-roll with him does mean nothing else but that he´s the first option. And a deep post-up here and there, I don´t think it might be much of an harm.
I don't think he's the first option. Maybe he'll get 10-11 attempts a game... Which will be a huge increase for him.
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:14 AM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
I liked him admitting that we could have tanked the season, have it not for the successful moves. This tells me that they will be ready to tank when the times comes.
There definitely would have been a huge downside to tanking...

‏@espn_macmahon: Last 2 days likely kept Rick Carlisle from leaving Dallas next year. He's not rebuilding coach, and if Mavs missed on DJ, it was tank time.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:04 AM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Dirk will be a big reason that Jordan shoots the best percentage in the league. Both will get plenty of open looks because of the other.

Tags
power bottom, still a bottom btch