Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #1
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Default Are both sides posturing?

Shaq to Miami for Grant, Odom, and Butler- Consensus by many that this is an effort to drive up the price of Diesel.

Howard and Walker for Terry and Henderson? - Hmmm, wouldn't seem to be fair value for Mavs' rookie and PF?

I suggest that these two incidents may be related. Rumor #1 an attempt to force Mavs into upping the ante. Rumor #2 an attempt by the Mavs to make LA sweat out a possible loss of the two most valuable pieces traded to them in a potential trade for Shaq.

Could they be related; what do you think?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2004, 03:40 PM   #2
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Are both sides posturing?

I think any rumor surrounding Atlanta is tied to Cleveland. Cleveland could work with Atlanta to clear cap and we could try to get in the middle of it. At one point last night I had a Z/Walker/Terry for Shaq thing going, but it had too may issues.

1. Timing, if Shaq has to be dealt before Kobe signs, then we cannot get Laettner/Stack into the process. Can they be traded individually before the 60 days?
2. This only works is Cleveland really wants Boozer back after the underhanded deal that seemed to go down.

If Cleveland really wanted Boozer and the Kobers, I mean Lakers, were willing to wait to get the best deal. Starting PG/PF/C, 29mil of which are expiring then the deal could be worked out is all I'm saying.

Stressboy
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote