Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-10-2003, 02:30 PM   #1
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default Stromile Swift

Here's a quote from cbs.sportsline.com's Mike Khan:

Quote:
Expect Memphis also to be part of a trade very soon -- moving talented but erratic forward Stromile Swift.
Weekend Review: Opponents zoning out McGrady with D

According to Hoopshype, Swift is in the final guaranteed year of his contract, making $4.6 Mil.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2003, 02:45 PM   #2
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default RE:Stromile Swift

Stromile Swift where though?
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 03:15 PM   #3
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: Stromile Swift

1) I just don't see them trading Swift without "extra" baggage unless he is Pretty confident he can remove pieces to get enough under the Cap to Grab Kobe via Free Agency. With our current team, we have nothing that can Offer Jerry that. I stand corrected, if for some unknown reason, Walker decides to leave the money on the table and opt out this summer, he would be the only one we could trade to them. You could do a combo of Wright, Swift, and Humpries for Walker. Dallas would do that trade, but Memphis wouldn't. The other option is a Outlaw, Swift, and Humpries for Walker. Memphis would do that trade, but Dallas wouldn't.

2) If for some reason that Jerry "knows" he can't get Kobe in the summer and he decides to just move Swift and change for somebody, we could offer him Jamison for Swift and Wright OR Outlaw. Memphis wouldn't do this trade because they already have both Miller and Gasol at SF & PF. Where would Jamison ever play? He would start over Miller, but than Miller would cause chemisty problems. You could have fun with it and Send Jamison/najera to Memphis and get back Miller/swift/Outlaw. Really wouldn't make us any better though.

Hmmm just ran it and it seems to work, but how about a Jamison/Najera for Swift/Battier/Outlaw trade? I dunno if that would get us over the top, but I like the idea of having both Battier and Swift here as Big bodies.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 03:47 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I don't think I'd do either of those trades.

Besides, I think Khan has it wrong. Swift is going to be the starter there and get big time minutes for the Griz. He's been playing pretty well so far this year. I think West likes him. Lorenzen Wright is the odd man out in my opinion. If you can work out a deal, he's yours. The problem? He has a big contract that doesn't end until 2006 - around $6.6 this year. I don't think West is interested in Fortson, althgough there were those extended rumors of a deal with Golden State this summer that suprisingly died out after the Mavs trade. I'm damn sure West isn't interested in Abdul-Wahad. Other than those guys, there isn't anyone left on the Mavs roster worth giving up for Wright.

Would the Mavs really want to dump Walker or Jamison for a mediocre center? Would a Delk/Najera for Wright deal be good for the Mavs? For the Grizzlies? I don't think so.

There could be a deal hidden in there somewhere, but I can't find it.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:54 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The only way I could imagine something going down with the Grizzlies would be if Mike Miller were included in the deal. I still remember Donnie gushing about him in comments after the 2000 draft.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:01 PM   #6
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I think the Grizzlies are pretty high on Miller to. I can't see a scenario where you could make a trade work either unless you wanted to add a third team to the mix. I think Swift and Wright would both be nice fits here.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:29 PM   #7
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I don't like Stro (no discipline in his game). I do like Wright (he could add more toughness and D on this team).
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:43 PM   #8
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I went back and this is the best I could do.

Dallas trades:
PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5 minutes)
SG Josh Howard
Dallas receives:
PF Stromile Swift (9.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 22.1 minutes)
C Tyson Chandler (9.2 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 24.4 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (5.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 21.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +7.0 ppg, +7.3 rpg, and -1.8 apg.

Memphis trades:
PF Stromile Swift (9.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 22.1 minutes)
Memphis receives:
SF Donyell Marshall (13.4 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 78 games)
Change in team outlook: +3.7 ppg, +3.3 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

Chicago trades:
C Tyson Chandler (9.2 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 24.4 minutes)
SF Donyell Marshall (13.4 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 30.5 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (5.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 21.2 minutes)
Chicago receives:
PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 78 games)
SG Josh Howard
Change in team outlook: -10.7 ppg, -10.6 rpg, and +0.7 apg.

Dallas:
Dallas would do this trade in a heartbeat, as I am a homer it benefits them the most. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Jamison would move up to starter with Swift backing him up, Fizer would start at Center, with Robinson getting limited minutes behind Swift and Delk. Would give us a lineup of: Nash, Finley, Jamison, Dirk and Chandler with a 2nd string of Best, Delk, Swift, Najera, and Bradley.

Memphis:
Memphis does this to get a little more Offense and his contract expires in the Summer. Marshall could help fill the void for when Mr. Miller has an off night. Marshall could even come in and play a little PF for when Gasol has problems with Bigger PF's.

Chicago
Chicago does this for they would be scary in the east with a starting lineup of Crawford, Rose, Pippen, Walker, and Curry. That team could be just plain scary! Now this trade also benefits Chicago in another way. If Walker doesn't work out, they would have a whole lot of money coming off the books in 2005 to help pay for Crawford, Curry, and Hinrich for their long term contracts. The only downside of this trade is that Chicago would lose ALL depth. Howard won't get alot of playing time on our NEW team.

This is the best I could do with trying to Get Swift. It won't have a snowball chance in hell happening, but with Cuban, who knows what WILL happen.

Edit: I screwed up, should have been Chandler instead of Fizer.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 11-10-2003, 04:55 PM   #9
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

no way chicago does that. Theyd have to get some other bodies. And Dallas would need to dump some. Probably Najera or Howard or Delk would have to be packaged along with that deal
Old 11-10-2003, 05:02 PM   #10
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Thats why I added Howard to the part of Chicago. When I was typing it, I started to think that Chicago would need more bodies to fill out the trade. I think if Chicago got both Josh Howard and Antoine Walker, they would do the trade. Can you imagine though in Chicago with Crawford, Rose, Pippen, Walker, and Curry starting with a 2nd string of Hinrich, Gill, Howard, Baxter, and Fizer. Damn thats alot of youth thats Scary!

Old 11-10-2003, 05:04 PM   #11
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Nice work Umm.

Did you run this through RealGM? If so then my contention regarding salaries is answered.

As for player for player, the question is: Does Nellie value having a point-forward more than getting bigger bodies?

IMO. Nellie loves having Walker on this team, and probably won't trade him for these guys.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 05:06 PM   #12
Jamisonite
Golden Member

well take away robinson and fizer, gimme rose and im up for it
Old 11-10-2003, 05:33 PM   #13
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Kingrex
I would hope that Nellie would drop that notion of his and would actually LIKE this trade idea. Chandler is one of the few guys that "might" be able to combat Duncan, Garnett, and Shaq. I would rather have Chandler and having Nash/Delk running the point instead of Walker pushing the ball up the court.

Jamisonite
I meant it to be Chandler and not Fizer. But with the makeup of the Mavs, I would rather have Chandler instead of Rose. If we brought Rose in here, either Finley, Jamison, or Rose would have to be on the bench, and not to mention we wouldn't have our coveted BIG man.

Old 11-10-2003, 05:50 PM   #14
Jamisonite
Golden Member

well with chandler the trade is a lot nicer. But i still wouldnt want robinson. Too big of a contract and shoots too much
Old 11-10-2003, 05:59 PM   #15
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Old 11-10-2003, 07:44 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Chandler is a talent and Walker does nothing to further the team- I've had the feeling for the last few weeks that the adjustments we have been going through have been to adjust to Walker who drastically changes our game (and I cant say I think it is for the positive). I'd definitely miss Josh Howard, but we would have a very good net gain this year.

additions
Chandler
Jamison
Swift
Robinson
Best
Delk
Fort
Daniels
Stef

subtractions
A. Griffin
R. Bell
NVE
R. LaF
P. Jones
A. Johnson
A. Rigadeau
W. Williams
E. Eschmeyer

Im not too fond of Robinson, but Swift has some raw talent that perhaps could get highlighted. All of those guys play good D....Who knows how good Howard's D could become though....there is a good chance that he could be better than Robinson....
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 07:50 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

you guys just keep on trading away our team and we'll never gel![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 07:57 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
you guys just keep on trading away our team and we'll never gel![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]...
If it's Walker that is changing our game around, then trading Walker would get us back to the ball we were playing last year with players plugged in. Of course the offcourt chemistry would take time, but its easier to play the game we were playing last year with a new center than it is to completely change into stupid Point-forward ball.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 09:28 PM   #19
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Good point Erica, could it be that Walker is the reason we're not "gelling?" (I hate that word). It does make a lot of sense, with nellie trying to run plays through Walker as well as Nash... hmmmm.

Nice Trade suggestion, but I don't think Chicago would part ways with Chandler, the kid looks like he'll be a big time star in the east, like someone mentioned before, can't quite recall who, he's a lot like garnett, but even more athletic and less experienced.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:48 PM   #20
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

I heard a rumor awhile back that Chicago wasn't very fond of Robinson. I haven't really spent alot of time reading the Chicago boards this year so I don't know what their perspective of Robinson is now. But Chicago would be getting a Guy that was an Allstar in the East last year, as well as getting a Vet that can help Pippen show the Youngsters how to play in the NBA. As much as Chicago loves Chandler, I just don't see them passing up this Walker trade Idea.

Probably the easiest way to see if this is a good trade is to go find a Chicago Board and post the idea there and see what they think. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have a feeling that they are in Love with Chandler so I might get Railroaded. Will let you know what I find out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2003, 09:59 PM   #21
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

in under 5 minutes I got (2) no's, a Yuck, and a:

Quote:
nope they already turned down a Walker trade because Boston wanted Chandler or Curry. Any trade involving Curry or Chandler most likely will be hung up on.
also got a:

Quote:
Honestly now i am convince some peepz only look at stats when judging people. if you had rose curry crawford and antione walker on a team, who would play defense, or rebound, ever take a charge. all u would have is one guy takin all the shots in the first quarter, another doing it in the second and so on. TC is gonna be a top ten player in this league for sure some day!!!

Old 11-10-2003, 10:24 PM   #22
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

They hold Chandler in the same category as Dirk. Hes untouchable. One guy even admitted that he might not even trade Dirk for Chandler straight up. lol

One guy made me laugh though. He offered a trade of Jalen/Curry for Dirk. LOL

Old 11-11-2003, 12:30 AM   #23
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road

sup everyone,

im new to the form and all just wanted to introduce myself. anywayz..... i dont think anymore trades is a good idea for dallas. if any more trades happen then this team wont "gel" until next season. even if we get a good center it would completly baffle the mavs. we never realy throw the ball down low in the post for a center to do its work. no trades please.
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 01:35 AM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

there's a decent chance that this team will not gel as nellie has planned. Now, to not listen to ideas that could make the Mavs team better (especially on the defensive side of the ball) would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

Perhaps another trade would mean that it will take the mavs longer to 'gel'. However, if it gives the Mavs a better chance to realistically compete for a title, then so be it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 09:09 AM   #25
madape
Diamond Member

STROMILE UPDATE:

Stromile got his first DNP - Coaches decision of the season. This is curious because Stro' had started every game for the Griz up to this point.

Could there be something to this rumor?