Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #361
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

See you guys when the NFL season starts!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2008, 11:44 PM   #362
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

I said a month ago that it MAY be a good idea to trade Dirk. Not that I want to and I think he is happy here for the most part but we would eat ass like Portland for a few years and then come back stocked up with fresh talent.

Mayo to Memphis...
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:45 PM   #363
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=3463045

The Minnesota Timberwolves aren't holding onto O.J. Mayo for long.

Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves have reached an agreement in principle with the Memphis Grizzlies that will send the draft rights of Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner to the Grizzlies in return for the draft rights to Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins.

Last edited by nikeball; 06-26-2008 at 11:47 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:05 AM   #364
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
6 minutes to go, game 3, up 13 points, up 2 games to none....
It's like Bob and Dan say all the time on the radio...was that it? Was that the high point? And then everything started rolling back down the hill it had just climbed?

I wonder if we're just slipping into the worst kind of mediocrity....perennial 6th or 7th place teams..lack of draft picks, old players....

Prove me wrong mavericks. I dare you.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #365
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It's like Bob and Dan say all the time on the radio...was that it? Was that the high point? And then everything started rolling back down the hill it had just climbed?

I wonder if we're just slipping into the worst kind of mediocrity....perennial 6th or 7th place teams..lack of draft picks, old players....

Prove me wrong mavericks. I dare you.
the worst part about being a 6th or 7th place team is that the front office and owner always have that "we've made the playoffs for the last __ years"...like that's an accomplishment after going to the Finals.

..and really the only reason they'll still be making the playoffs is because they drafted an amazing german 11 years ago.

Last edited by mkat; 06-27-2008 at 12:20 AM.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #366
payne

payne is on a distinguished road

i was upset with the Draft, i taught Dallas would have tried harder to get into the first round, especially with Arthur available so late.

Then Miller was traded to Minnesota, for virtually rubbish (seeing as Mayo cancel Love). With Milwakee getting RJ, there goes there theory that they need a SF.

The noyl deal i thinke we can get a steal of off, is by getting Reddick, he is a great spot up shooter that would spread the floor, and can be lethal with Kidd.
payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:08 AM   #367
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

What a suck-ish night. I called it yesterday afternoon and was hoping to be wrong. What an ugly draft night for the Mavs.

I was hoping so badly that we could have nabbed Deandre Jordan and he easily could have been had.

Donnie better have some serious stuff up his sleeve. All this "we have a good big three" crap is old and worn out. Make something happen, damnit!

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #368
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Donnie on the Ticket right now...

Says teams wanted 2 million + 2 future picks for late first round....at some point teams asking 2 million + 3 future picks for early second round picks.

That is pricey...you gotta give him that. Especially for a first round pick where you gotta give the guy a guaranteed contract on top of the rest of it.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #369
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Based on what some of the other teams were able to do for their purchases, I'm not sure buy that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #370
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

'We're engaged with LOTS of different teams, and LOTS of different scenarios"

Is anyone buying this crap?
Old 06-27-2008, 10:33 AM   #371
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Celtics just got Bill Walker? Dammnit.
i saw that this morning. pissed me off too. they got JR Giddens as well, another player i wished would have fallen to us.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #372
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

no, it's disgusting.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #373
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Mavericks talk on the radio this morning is raising my blood pressure and ruining my friday.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:51 AM   #374
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

theyre just lying to us, saying they couldnt get an early second for less than 2 mil and a future pick/s...come on, three to four other teams got picks in the 30's-40's for just money...look at detriot's 2 picks nellie you retard...lying to the fans is not smart, just tell us the truth and move on
Old 06-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #375
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Actually I am.

Of course I'll buy anything in the off-season because I believe the complexities are very often overlooked.

With that said ------ It's on Donnie and Mark for me right now. I'll give you till training camp and by then I hope I can understand where you are trying to go.

If not, I'll spend a little more time and money on the Cowboys, and Rangers, and a little less on the Mavericks.

I can say this......Jerry Jones wants to win. Good grief, look at the talent on this team he has finally put together again.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:58 AM   #376
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_one8976
theyre just lying to us, saying they couldnt get an early second for less than 2 mil and a future pick/s...come on, three to four other teams got picks in the 30's-40's for just money...look at detriot's 2 picks nellie you retard...lying to the fans is not smart, just tell us the truth and move on
They're starting to sound a lot like the rangers when you put it that way.

"Sorry guys, we tried real hard to get _________ but we just couldn't get it done, or he chose to go somewhere else. Oh well"
Old 06-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #377
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They're starting to sound a lot like the rangers when you put it that way.

"Sorry guys, we tried real hard to get _________ but we just couldn't get it done, or he chose to go somewhere else. Oh well"
OUCH........that stings.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 06-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #378
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Face it guys. Cuban is a Cubs fan now.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #379
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

And what´s the result of the drafts ? We picked one player. Is that all ?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #380
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Eh not sure I buy that. I tend to agree with Dalm202, they have a lot to prove yet so I will make my final determination after Free agency. Even still we have till trade deadline...

We are at a point where if we don't get some solid contributors added were in limbo bringing youth in to play with Dirk and Kidd.. Doesn't add up to me. IF we mess around with this lineup I would rather bite the the bullet and let Dirk go in a trade that brings in talented up and coming youth! Instead of wasting time in limbo just clean house, It's like pulling off a bandaid kinda, IF its ready to go just rip it off and be done with it so we can heal faster...
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #381
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
And what´s the result of the drafts ? We picked one player. Is that all ?
One player 9 spots from the end of the draft. WooHoo.

I really hope they have LOTS of irons in the fire on the SNT and Trade front.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:25 AM   #382
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

And if they don't?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 06-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #383
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Summary of actual 2nd round picks that were traded:

Chalmers was traded for a pick and cash.Minnesota

Walker was traded for cash. Washington

Bulls got a pick for 3 future 2nd rounders.Portland

Suns moved up 3 spots for cash, this years' 2nd rounder and next year's 2nd rounder.SA

LAC got #55 for a future 2nd rounder. Portland.

I don't know, it isn't too much to give up #51, and future 2nd and 2 million for CDR, Walker, Jordan, Chalmers, Dorsey, Tomic or Hardin. Cuban's focus is on those Cubbies.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #384
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
And if they don't?
I'll be like I am with the rest of the NBA and was after the Mavs lost.......I'll not spend another dime or time with it. I didn't watch the finals, or semi-finals for that matter, and the NBA is driving me away quicker than I ever thought possible.

If the Mavs start doing it as well, then there is still the Cowboys, and the young Rangers to spend my time/money on.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:31 AM   #385
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
One player 9 spots from the end of the draft. WooHoo.

I really hope they have LOTS of irons in the fire on the SNT and Trade front.
So in comparisson with the new Portland lineup, Mavs nearly sucked. I don´t think they will thematize the drafts this evening
Old 06-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #386
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'll be like I am with the rest of the NBA and was after the Mavs lost.......I'll not spend another dime or time with it. I didn't watch the finals, or semi-finals for that matter, and the NBA is driving me away quicker than I ever thought possible.

If the Mavs start doing it as well, then there is still the Cowboys, and the young Rangers to spend my time/money on.
Fair enough. Go Cowboys!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #387
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

On the NFL tip:

Cowboys = Celtics

Mavericks = Seahawks

/hijack

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #388
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Nvm

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 06-27-2008 at 12:11 PM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #389
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that's for sure. Thank you Jerry.

Contact Me
Old 06-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #390
ty
Diamond Member

Jerry is brilliant. Now just pay Glen his money, because you don't really need it anyways. (is this accurate for me to say?)

Old 06-27-2008, 03:56 PM   #391
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't buy what Donnie is trying to sell right now. It's just not working. He needs to come up golden by the end of the summer.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #392
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

when nellie is fired next year we should go after portland's gm
Old 06-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #393
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_one8976
when nellie is fired next year we should go after portland's gm
No, we want the OWNER! He's throwing money around and not thinking twice.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #394
chosen_one8976

hell either one would be fine with me...can we trade owners or gm's, i wonder if the league would allow that trade, maybe we should throw in somethin for stern so he would allow it
Old 06-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #395
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
No, we want the OWNER! He's throwing money around and not thinking twice.
Paul Gardner Allen (born January 21, 1953) is an American entrepreneur who co-founded Microsoft with Bill Gates. Allen regularly appears on lists of the richest people in the world. As of September 2007, Forbes ranks him as the eleventh richest American, worth an estimated $16.8 billion.

Mark Cuban
Net Worth: $1.8 billion

Allen wins in the throw the money around dept.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #396
BGMaverick9
Guru

that is some sick amounts of money...sheesh
Old 06-27-2008, 04:54 PM   #397
alby
Guru

So you're suggesting that Cuban is too poor to run the Mavs? =P

Contact Me
Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 PM   #398
BGMaverick9
Guru

He's definitely out-gunned vs Allen.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #399
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

58 Los Angeles Lakers Joe Crawford

*lol*